Powered by Outside

What does the "DT" stand for in "DT Swiss" ?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What does the "DT" stand for in "DT Swiss" ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
other than Dent Tremendously!!!

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 12:53 Quote
Dreadful Thread perhaps

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 12:55 Quote
spliffonator wrote:
Dreadful Thread perhaps

you better not be referring to this one! Razz

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
undercoverfreak wrote:
spliffonator wrote:
Dreadful Thread perhaps

you better not be referring to this one! Razz

Apparently so, seeing as this is the only thread i've posted that comment in

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
well, go and cry then because I actually want to know!

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:05 Quote
You have to admit it is a bit of a stupid question isnt it. It might enlighten you a tiny but its not as if its gonna be a question on Who wants to be a millionaire is it? Why do Intense call it the M3? or the M2? or M1? Just like any company name.

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:07 Quote
Tried to find it for ya, all I could find is that CH in their serial numbers don't stand for China, but rather the first inhabitants of Switzerland. One of the guys who started the company has a last name beginning with D, but nothing with the T. Could be children, could be their school acronym, could be anything.

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
thanks for making the effort!

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
the DT stands for the dudes name that either owns the company or started it. but i cant remember what his name isVery confused

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:20 Quote
are you sure? because these are the guys who started and own the company: Marco Zingg, Maurizio D’Alberto and Frank Böckmann.

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:22 Quote
im sure i asked a bike rep a while ago and he told me unless he was lyingCop

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 13:39 Quote
DT Swiss used to be called "Drahtwerke Biel" (Draht= Wire, Werke=Producer, Biel = Town in Switzerland) in the 1980. They changed the name and the DT stands mostlikely for a german word that means in English "Iron Wire Manufacturer". Because in the early years of the company they produced stuff like fencing wire, before they started building spokes.

(I'm not 100% sure...)

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 14:11 Quote
bont wrote:
DT Swiss used to be called "Drahtwerke Biel" (Draht= Wire, Werke=Producer, Biel = Town in Switzerland) in the 1980. They changed the name and the DT stands mostlikely for a german word that means in English "Iron Wire Manufacturer". Because in the early years of the company they produced stuff like fencing wire, before they started building spokes.

(I'm not 100% sure...)

that makes perfect sense thank you. I speak fluent german so now i see where it comes from. thank you very much!

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 14:13 Quote
spliffonator wrote:
You have to admit it is a bit of a stupid question isnt it. It might enlighten you a tiny but its not as if its gonna be a question on Who wants to be a millionaire is it? Why do Intense call it the M3? or the M2? or M1? Just like any company name.

don't think I've heard of a M2? sure you don't mean M1, M3, and M6?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009707
Mobile Version of Website