Powered by Outside

Fox 32 Talas or Rockshox argyle 409?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Fox 32 Talas or Rockshox argyle 409?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 13:45 Quote
Hey i am starting to save for a new fork i ride jumps(preatty smooth)street and park. Ido not know which one to get becasue i like on the talas that you can lock up the frok and change the travel but i heat that the argyle is just the best dirt jump fork. any opions would be a big help.

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 13:50 Quote
fox is nice, my friend has the white args and they are running kinda rough ( 1 yr old )

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 13:52 Quote
409 Smile
really good forks !!!!!!
and they basically have lockout !!!!

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 14:07 Quote
I would like to be able to lock the fork for riding park and street but i don't want a rigid fork

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 14:29 Quote
anyone else have any opions

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 14:35 Quote
the argyles are made to jump, the foxs aren't. id go argyle

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 14:35 Quote
I'd go for the Fox anyday. They are so smooth and plush so if you can afford to fork out the extra for it then get it I say! That said if you don't need all that adjustability with the travel for street etc it does seem like a bit of a waste. But if you are wanting to do any downhill or mountain on it they would be the best forks to get I reckon

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
Well, personally I absolutely love Fox. I have them on both my bikes (the 36 Talas and the 40) and I vouch for them 100%. I've never had a single problem with them at all. It sounds like your riding is suited more towards what the Argyle has to offer, since the 32 has a QR, and you will probably want a 20mm axle. My only other suggestion would be to maybe go for a 36 Talas? Similar weight, but has the travel adjust for 100, 130, and 160mm and it is a very predictable, extremely smooth and reliable fork. The only problem is the $$, but it's worth every last penny.

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
For what you want I would go for the argyle.

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 14:52 Quote
Get the 36 float if you can afford it... It has no spring and can be easily lowered to the travel you want with spacers. If you cant afford that, id say go for the argyle, ive seen many broken 32 archs and bents steerers...

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 14:54 Quote
argyles almost have proper dampening- closest ive ever tried from a DJ fork

fox do have proper dampening- because they are fox

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 15:26 Quote
alright then i woujld have to say the argyle is looking preatty good for me and the fox is really expesive

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
you can find Fox relatively cheap used on ebay. Try looking there. Every used fork I have purchased from there has been perfectly fine.

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 19:14 Quote
alright well i looked at the argyles and the talas on ebay and it looks like they got some good deals but i still am not 100% i like that the talas is light and got the lock option but the argly is a fare wieght and is not as expesive. it is a hard desions

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
In this debate? Argyle. You'll really love that 9mm on the fox once it snaps.

Comparing the 36 to an argyle, or a pike to an argyle, however, and the argyle will always lose. Both are more adjustable, lighter, and basically just as strong, or in the fox's case, stronger.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013501
Mobile Version of Website