Powered by Outside

Twin tip skiers general convo.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Twin tip skiers general convo.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 19:54 Quote
tell me whatcha got.

i just bought some new 07 k2 seth vicious.
cant wait to try them out.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 20:01 Quote
i've got 2005 Salomon 1080 thrusters with s912 ti bindings and Salomon 1080 foil boots.

can't remember what poles i have but they are really cheap and really light. who needs expensive poles anyways?

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 20:10 Quote
line assassins
the rip in and out of the park

also some axial 2 binding and some lange boots

dan2003rty is right, expessive pole are pointless

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 20:18 Quote
ive had some K2 public enemies for 2 seasons now and love them. although to be honest im not really a big trick guy and rarely do i ever ride backwards unless im with my lil bro just toolin around the mountain. I mainly just use them as an all mountain ski.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 20:49 Quote
I rock some 2005 Line Skogen Sprang Pro Models with some Salomon S14ti's in the Park. Some 2005 Nordica Beasts with some Diamir Freerides for the the big mountains.

For the Big mountains i rock the Scarpa Tornado Boot, for the park i rock some Nordica W8's or Some Beasts 14's.

I want to get some 2008 Line Sir Francis Bacons or Elizabeth's or if they weren't so ugly some Rossignol Steaz. But currently very low on funds.

I have some Good Carbon Poles they are sweet cannot be bent. I shattered one landing a 3 on top of it. So for park i now rock some Garage sale poles. For touring some Adjustable ones and for hills the goode carbon.

The new K2's are finally not 9 million pounds, but still hard to get and expensive.

By the way anyone see any of the recent movies that have released? I saw Seven sunny days and it blew my mind. I have hear mixed Results about T-hall's "Believe" some say it was insane some say it was lame, so i don't know what to think until i see it.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 20:54 Quote
i also have 1080 boots and look p10's with the heel swivel.
my friend has the bacons and they are pretty sweet.. but really really soft.. and a bit on the large side.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 21:02 Quote
Well as you know the rockies have some of the best powder in the world. My Nordicas are 92 at the waist and my next skis are going to be 100+ at the waist. Have you ever skied park with fat skis? the most epic thing ever. You can land switch back seat on one ski and still come out alive. So stable, when i get back on my skogens its soo different and same going to my rock skis some salomon 1080's from like '04 like a 80 waist.

That was my suspicion about the bacons, is that they would be like butter. I am liking the Steaz because they are stiff but fat! so you could actually ski them out of powder.

Have you ever tried skiing on the the prophets 130's? crazy!

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 14:15 Quote
thisk is my first par of fat skis. i was on 155 troublemakers.. 76 in the waist. i thiknk they made skiing a whole lot harder than it need to be. especially in any kind of non- groomed run

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 14:17 Quote
yeah you are going to love the seth's. One of my favorite skis that I have skied on to date. My only complaint what they were a bit heavy, but hey unless you are touring then thats not really a problem.

155 by 76 is an amazingly small ski. How was that in the powder? haha.

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 14:23 Quote
MOBz wrote:
ive had some K2 public enemies for 2 seasons now and love them. although to be honest im not really a big trick guy and rarely do i ever ride backwards unless im with my lil bro just toolin around the mountain. I mainly just use them as an all mountain ski.

Yeah, I just got some 07s this summer w/ look px 12 jib bindings (and my old mount snow rental boots). What do you think about the PEs? I sound like I'll be doing similar stuff like you. How noticable is the weight?

Can't wait to try them out, theyre my first pair of good skis.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 14:26 Quote
benviebikes wrote:
tell me whatcha got.

tell me what they are like i'm probaly gona order a pair some time this winter. i have 04 PE's love them but im more about big mountain not so much park. the seths look bitchen pretty stoaked bout them.

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 14:27 Quote
Got some Armada ar5 with look p10 jib and hopeuflly some Ninthward Butterlicous

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 14:28 Quote
blacksheep666 wrote:
benviebikes wrote:
tell me whatcha got.

tell me what they are like i'm probaly gona order a pair some time this winter. i have 04 PE's love them but im more about big mountain not so much park. the seths look bitchen pretty stoaked bout them.
i havent tried them out yet.. i am so pumped!!!!

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 14:31 Quote
Got some atomic lil' punx (just a little guy lol) sick though shred everywere really well best in park though got solaman 1080 boots and cheap poles that i've had forever

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 14:43 Quote
yo any of you on newschoolers (www.newschoolers.com) its the best freeski site you can get. and i am on fugitives, but gettin head j.o pro model

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010248
Mobile Version of Website