Powered by Outside

See Sam Hill's crash at the worlds and what made him fall !

PB Forum :: Downhill
See Sam Hill's crash at the worlds and what made him fall !
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 8:42 Quote
All the photos are here : link to the photos

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.velovert.com/reportages/photos/copyright/1214062717copy_2008-06-21_15-48-10.jpg
A+

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 8:47 Quote
thats a shame, i blame it on the 50/50's!Evil

FL
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 8:49 Quote
that was sooo sick, and hes still reached the 3rd place. Just a second behind Peaty ... wicked race

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 9:01 Quote
Such a heartbreaking race!
Sam came down 10 seconds faster than Peaty's run, and washed out on the second to last corner. If he had known he was so much quicker he probably wouldnt have gone so fast. Sam is the winner of the day, and would have easily smoked Gee's time by about 6 seconds had he not crashed.

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 9:03 Quote
f*cking upsetting but i guess thats racing for you

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 9:04 Quote
See the stone that made him crash ? :
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.velovert.com/reportages/photos/copyright/1214062689copy_2008-06-21_15-47-58.jpg

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 9:06 Quote
Unfortunate yes, but saying he was the winner on the day is going a bit far. Anyone can go 10 seconds faster if they crash. Like you could hit corners rediculously fast and you might make it round a few so at that point you'd be ahead by a lot.

Part of being a good racer is being able to judge speed.

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 9:12 Quote
drifting-with-flow wrote:
Unfortunate yes, but saying he was the winner on the day is going a bit far. Anyone can go 10 seconds faster if they crash. Like you could hit corners rediculously fast and you might make it round a few so at that point you'd be ahead by a lot.

Part of being a good racer is being able to judge speed.

Did you watch his run?
Yea its all part of racing, and the moment Sam started drifting i thought, ooh usual Sam, sliding through all of the corners...and then Boom* he washes. It was on the smooth part of the track right before the finish, and "Anyone can go 10 seconds faster if they crash" WRONG, he had made up the 10 seconds without crashing, in the super rough upper part of the course, and then looses it in the second last corner.
So Sam is the winner of the day, along with Peaty who is still at the top of the game at 34. Hats off to both, and Gee was lucky enough to put in a fast run and keep it together, and no disrespect to him, he almost crashed a few times in his run.

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 9:14 Quote
drifting-with-flow wrote:
Unfortunate yes, but saying he was the winner on the day is going a bit far. Anyone can go 10 seconds faster if they crash.

thats a load of rubbish. if you seen his run, and how fast he was in the technical sections, without crashing, then you wouldve seen he did deserve to win. this was literally the last corner on the track, so by this point, all the time advantage had already been gained.

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 9:23 Quote
is there a vid of sams run?

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 9:28 Quote
kingcole wrote:
is there a vid of sams run?

I'm wondering the same.

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 9:29 Quote
thats unlucky losing it at the end

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
I saw it live online, and on tv on Sport TV 3.....Videos will be up later.
Its really great getting to see an event like this live....super exciting, and it puts what the top guys are doing into perspective once you have watched 60 other riders that are so much slower than them.
AMAZING!

Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 12:25 Quote
same i watched it on freecaster.tv. gee atherton won DH, rachel atherton won womans DH, and some spanish guy (i think) won 4x cause everyone bailed at the first berm except him lol.

FL
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 at 12:48 Quote
the 4x final run was soo sick .. Big Grin
all the top stars crashed each into each other. hehe

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007809
Mobile Version of Website