lagality of trails building.

PB Forum :: Trail Building
lagality of trails building.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 15:14 Quote
can you just walk into some random forest nad start builing?

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
well it would be good to get permission or else ur trails mite get torn down

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
i have forest by my house with alot of fallen trees, so i was going to make some log rides.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
well, over there in B.C. I would imagine you could. and if it's just little, can't be that bad. now here in the land of roaming cattle... it's a different story

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 15:54 Quote
Basically if its crown land and its hidden you'll be fine but if its somewhere where a city worker or cop will go you can bet it will get destroyed.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 18:17 Quote
contact the owner of the property and hope for the best if he says no and its a big property do it anyway

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 18:28 Quote
samnation wrote:
Basically if its crown land and its hidden you'll be fine but if its somewhere where a city worker or cop will go you can bet it will get destroyed.

Wrong.

KonaShred21 wrote:
well, over there in B.C. I would imagine you could. and if it's just little, can't be that bad. now here in the land of roaming cattle... it's a different story

Wrong.

norcorider540 wrote:
contact the owner of the property and hope for the best if he says no and its a big property do it anyway

Wrong.

Sorry guys but please do not give out advice if you are only pretending to know what you are talking about.

For some limited, but reliable info on crown land usage clickHERE

If you have any more questions just give me a shout. Please remember you actions reflect on ALL of us, and we as a community have enough people soiling our image as it is. Dont ruin it for the rest of us.

Posted: Jun 22, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
personally i think that if it wasnt for people building "illigal" trails there would be alot less people that ride becuase if you have to drive 2 hours to get to some dirt jumps or a trail and you have no car your probaly not going to bike. but on the oter hand if you can get a proprety owner to sign something saying you can build on his land thas your best bet.

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 6:13 Quote
mack- wrote:
samnation wrote:

Wrong.

KonaShred21 wrote:

Wrong.

norcorider540 wrote:

Wrong.

Sorry guys but please do not give out advice if you are only pretending to know what you are talking about.

For some limited, but reliable info on crown land usage clickHERE

If you have any more questions just give me a shout. Please remember you actions reflect on ALL of us, and we as a community have enough people soiling our image as it is. Dont ruin it for the rest of us.
what are you saying we did this the other day and he was totaly fine with it

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 7:04 Quote
mack- wrote:
samnation wrote:

Wrong.

Let me rephrase that IT IS ILLEAGAL TO BUILD TRAILS ANYWHERE but this will work and I have seen it work in the past.

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 7:59 Quote
i built some shit in the woods, like ladders and trails and shit, and i was digging some dirt, and the landowner came down, and i told him i was getting dirt to fill in some holes in "a trail" and he asked about the trail, and i told him some moutain biking hooligans built it, and that i walk here every morning and fell into the hole, and we started talking, and he said that i could use the land how a wanted, just dont fell any trees, becauese he was moving to florida.

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 8:10 Quote
hey all I can say is use your head. don't build trails right by a road where evryone can see you or right by some guys house. try to keep the trails a secret and unknown to anyone that doesn't ride. just keep them well hidden in the woods. as for illegal trail building thats only way anything gets built in ontario. as long as you respect the owner of the land if he tells you to get out and don't raise a racket building trails then your home free. try to get permission first and if you can try to build on land that is private but you have been given the ok to buld on. if you can your own little trail system on private land then its less likely that it will get destroyed or screwwed with y others. you can also just leave shovels and tools there as well. as for illegal trails I am fine with it. I've built around 25 little bike areas all of which are illegal. without illegal trails there would be less than half the trails then right now. trails are trails and there fun so keep building

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 8:22 Quote
Guys, you arent getting it. Whether or not your trails are well hidden has nothing to do with it.

It's not about counting on them never being found by anyone, thats not the right way to go about establishing a trail.

PERMISSION PERMISSION PERMISSION!

Just remember your actions are representative of our sport as a whole and just building where ever you please is not a good way to represent us.

Does anyone remember nothing of how much trouble we've gone through in Greater Vancouver (and many other places) because people were too lazy to seek our permission and do things the proper way?

If you dont have consent, you should not be developing land. Simple as that. Please dont make things worse for us.

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 8:54 Quote
mack- wrote:
Guys, you arent getting it. Whether or not your trails are well hidden has nothing to do with it.

It's not about counting on them never being found by anyone, thats not the right way to go about establishing a trail.

Just remember your actions are representative of our sport as a whole and just building where ever you please is not a good way to represent us.

Does anyone remember nothing of how much trouble we've gone through in Greater Vancouver (and many other places) because people were too lazy to seek our permission and do things the proper way?

If you dont have consent, you should not be developing land. Simple as that. Please dont make things worse for us.

thats very true I do agree with you except when you live in ontario and there are no decent dirt jumps or places to build within a 20 km ride from town then it sucks. I can't stand having to keep rebuilding because some ass has to put up a 3 milluion dollar mansion where a amzing bike spot is. Southern ontario sucks for dj and everything except street .I can't wait till i'm done highschool. I'm heading staright to alberta or bc for college and the rest of life.

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 9:29 Quote
mack- wrote:

i understand what your saying but what do you do if no one will give you permission to build on thier land? get a job a buy a $50 000 pieace of land and then build a trail? some times it's not as easy as saying hello sir can i build a trail on your proprety? sometimes you just have to build and hope it doesnt get destroyed.and try to keep it away from house and have a few entrances to the trail.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011737
Mobile Version of Website