Powered by Outside

Your 2Cents on a couple of bikes?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Your 2Cents on a couple of bikes?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 15:36 Quote
I ride an all mountain Cove Hustler that has 5&5. I can keep up on the fast down hills but I am punishing my suspention on the stunts. I am looking for something with 7&7. Characteristics I am looking for are: decent pedalability, not too plush so it is snapy, and easy on the Lbs. The bikes I am interested in are the Specialized SX Trail II, the Demo 7, and the Devinchi Frantik II. Out of these 3 bikes wich one would you stear me towards, and why?

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
reign x giant glory

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 15:52 Quote
santa cruz nomad

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 15:58 Quote
ide say the sx trail

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 15:58 Quote
yep looked at the specs u cant get anything better

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 16:05 Quote
konarider6666 wrote:
reign x giant glory

I second the motion. Reign X.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
feds wrote:
konarider6666 wrote:
reign x giant glory

I second the motion. Reign X.
Thirded. Far prefer it over the Devinci and the Specialized (Yes, I've ridden both quite a bit) That's why I ended up buying a reign x1.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 16:11 Quote
Another vote for the reign X, The maestro link will definitely help with the pedaling.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 16:13 Quote
i would say sx trail out of those choices the demo is more of a dh/freeride

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 16:13 Quote
Anyome here ever taken their riegn x to a pike park and done some like serious downhill. If so, how was it.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 16:16 Quote
i know alot of people will disagree with me but i HATE mistro. my friend has a reighn x and a glory dh and the suspension felt very inactive. i dont know if that is just how he had it ajusted or what but it felt shity. i like fsr in ths sx trail vpp in the nomad and single pivit, yes i know that it has bad brake jag

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 16:22 Quote
bonkfisher5 wrote:
Anyome here ever taken their riegn x to a pike park and done some like serious downhill. If so, how was it.

I have not personally, but my cousin's girlfriend out in whistler had nothing negative to say about it. She races/trains with Mad March Racing (Shaums' team), as does my cousin, and loves her Reign X.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 16:23 Quote
twigme wrote:
i know alot of people will disagree with me but i HATE mistro. my friend has a reighn x and a glory dh and the suspension felt very inactive. i dont know if that is just how he had it ajusted or what but it felt shity. i like fsr in ths sx trail vpp in the nomad and single pivit, yes i know that it has bad brake jag
fsr doesnt have break jake i would have to agree with you on mastreo it feels deaad to me

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 16:24 Quote
poozank wrote:
twigme wrote:
fsr doesnt have break jake i would have to agree with you on mastreo it feels deaad to me

i ment single pivit has brake jag

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 16:29 Quote
twigme wrote:
i ment single pivit has brake jag
Its brake jack not "jag", Maestro is also just a rip off DW link so how can it feel dead?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008218
Mobile Version of Website