08 Specialized Enduro SL Expert vs 08 Trek Remedy 8

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
08 Specialized Enduro SL Expert vs 08 Trek Remedy 8
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 11:36 Quote
Two great bikes, 500 dollar difference in favor of the Trek. I'd take that 500 and put it toward Sram x-9's (or x-0's) and Avid Juicy 7's. I'm a bigger fan of the Trek company, love their bikes, but some of my friends rave about Specialized. Any suggestions on which one to get?

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 11:47 Quote
The Specialized is gonna be better in almost every way

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 13:06 Quote
Id go for the specialized

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 9:24 Quote
Trek Remedy 8 is imense, then spend the extra 500 on better brakes

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 2:58 Quote
The enduro sl will smoke it in every way, both bikes are comparable in frame build, though the fsr suspension still leads the way, also the specialized suspension on the enduro has a 5 year warrenty,quite awesome! ohh and weighs alot less,plus bontrager componants are not that great, for those who dont know all specialized hubs are made by dt swiss, and there seat posts,stems n bars are made by thompson.

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 3:04 Quote
I'd say only downside is the Specialized fork/shock but the spec makes up for it.

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 3:46 Quote
I'd go for the trek - the linkages are amazing Smile

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 3:46 Quote
I like how FSR rides

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 4:15 Quote
how well would the trek pedal up hill

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:44 Quote
I've always heard that FSR is a great setup, but often needs a larger than necessary air can to work properly, which can make the bike wallow. As for how efficient the Remedy is at climbing, its supposedly amazing. I've test driven an 06 Specialized Enduro and I didn't like it, but then again this is the new and improved SL.

so far I think its pretty even toss up

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 9:57 Quote
I plan to purchase a remedy 8, they are fairly light, and have ALL XT!! If you have not ridden the new XT brakes, then I would understand why you might have your doubts, I have not been the biggest fan of shimano in the past, but it is starting to come back now that their shifters give me the double thumb option just as the sram shifters do. Anyways, back to the point, the xt brakes are AMAZING. Better than juicys any day of the week. I would know because I run juicy fives on my xc bike. With full xt you really cant go wrong. As I work at a local bike shop it made my decision that much easier, being that we stock trek and not specialized...so I can get a much better deal on the Trek. Go with the trek. True the Bontrager components aren't the best but they hang in there. (the drivetrains suck..) Anyways, i feel that specialized is very over priced now and they are really stiffing you on components. They put juicy threes on a bighit! Enough said.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 10:13 Quote
ok so does any one know if the remedy 8 pedals well up hill
as anyone rode one

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 10:20 Quote
SIDESHOWBOB wrote:
ok so does any one know if the remedy 8 pedals well up hill
as anyone rode one
The full floater suspension system works amazingly on the uphills as well as bombing down the hills. If you are seated and you flick the propedal on the thing does not bob. This is one system that is not just all hype. When you rip down the singletrack it feels as if there is no end in the suspension.
Kind of hard to respect any of the peoples opinion on this thread when all the groms say is "specialized is the best". I see no reason why the enduro would beat the remedy...

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 10:22 Quote
thanks for a normal reply
i just didnt want another bike that couldnt get up a steep hill

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012566
Mobile Version of Website