Powered by Outside

The Injury and Remedy Thread

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
The Injury and Remedy Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
So the scenario is, you're out on a ride with a friend or by yourself you crash and get injured. theres no other help around for a long ways, what do you do? Give the injury and description of Remedy.

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 20:02 Quote
A friend of mine broke his collar bone so I made a sling out of a long sleeve shirt to hold his arm up. it hurts like hell if it just sits down.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
iv made a wrap to stop bleeding out of my jersy, and took a few aspren i always have in my pack. i ripped my leg open pretty bad at a local mtn. i was with a group, but i wnt for one more ride while they were eating lunch. i recomend never dhing/ fr without a buddy or other people on the trail

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 20:20 Quote
I thought this thread was a good idea. but no ones posting

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 20:22 Quote
rockyoulikehurricane wrote:
I thought this thread was a good idea. but no ones posting
ehh give it time, you posted it at a slow time, bump it tommorow at around 8pm eastern time, thats when it seemw like its hot

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 20:26 Quote
anyone have an idea for getting a broken foot out on the trails. I have a fratured foot but I'm stil going riding this comming up weekend and I'm afaid I'll crash and completly brake my foot (riding alone).

FL
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 20:26 Quote
sheepsrider wrote:
anyone have an idea for getting a broken foot out on the trails. I have a fratured foot but I'm stil going riding this comming up weekend and I'm afaid I'll crash and completly brake my foot (riding alone).

i strongly suggest u dont ride on a fractured foot. it'll only make it worse

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 20:28 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
sheepsrider wrote:

and riding alone is a bad idea in your condition. atleast bring a brace, asprin, cell phone , and maby some food and water. cuz if your deep in the woodds you could be out there a while

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 12:22 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:
sheepsrider wrote:

and riding alone is a bad idea in your condition. atleast bring a brace, asprin, cell phone , and maby some food and water. cuz if your deep in the woodds you could be out there a while

well its in the mountains and its a trail that goes down to a spot where lots of people are dirt biking.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 22:07 Quote
sheepsrider wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:

well its in the mountains and its a trail that goes down to a spot where lots of people are dirt biking.

they probably wont hear you scream if you broke your foot

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 4:53 Quote
take a first aid course. i did.
it's good thing to know. just in case you break yourself. lol
duct tape is always good to carry.
aspirin promotes good blood flow.
cell phones are handy for alone riding.
as well, maybe you should tell someone wtf your doing....just in case.
as for riding with a known injury, you strap the injury reducing its mobility.
like in football when they tape their ankles or boxing with their hands.
just google sportsinjury

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 0:39 Quote
Duct tape is quicker and easier than stitches. Stretching and good flexibility will prevent almost any injury that's not uber major. If you're in good shape, with good flexibility, and properly stretched you won't pull muscles or get as stiff and sore. Lot's of anatomical problems are fixed with stretching. If your lower back is sore more than likely you have tight hamstrings. Stretch your whole body everyday and you'll feel much better.

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 20:39 Quote
cohenp wrote:
Duct tape is quicker and easier than stitches. Stretching and good flexibility will prevent almost any injury that's not uber major. If you're in good shape, with good flexibility, and properly stretched you won't pull muscles or get as stiff and sore. Lot's of anatomical problems are fixed with stretching. If your lower back is sore more than likely you have tight hamstrings. Stretch your whole body everyday and you'll feel much better.

why didn't I say duct tape, ive never used it but if i had it on hand I would

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 23:17 Quote
rockyoulikehurricane wrote:
cohenp wrote:

why didn't I say duct tape, ive never used it but if i had it on hand I would

I rode with a guy in Kelowna once. He had basically all the first aid stuff you could possibly ever use on a trail in his bag. Except for a needle and thread. He was basically EMT trained but he said he did not great stitches and they'd end up just pulling his stitches out in the hospital anyways so instead he just brought duct tape. It's quicker safer and easier as a trail fix.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.194975
Mobile Version of Website