I hate avid codes.

PB Forum :: Downhill
I hate avid codes.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 20:16 Quote
they have way too much power. i'm coming off juicy fives with 2 and half year old pads. so i was wondering... ultimates or XTRs. i hate power. i wanna have the lightest brake out there, but power is no objective basically. but i don't want them to fade. at all. so XTR or juicy ultimates? they're for racing, and will be put on my socom. i'm open to suggestions of any other brake too.

FL
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
Try some XT vee brakes. Unless, those have too much power for you also. No but for real I would go with the ultimates if you want to spend the cash. Especially if you liked the way your old juicy's felt.

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 22:41 Quote
avid elixir CR's man! they have a tad more power than the juicys but have more modulation more control...they are sick

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 8:41 Quote
I was looking at the CRs but I like the fact that the ultimates come in white. And they weight a bunch less.

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 8:42 Quote
Avid is a sick brake Co.

End of.

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 8:46 Quote
don't pull as hard?

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 8:49 Quote
bigquotesI hate avid codes
Then you should die tup

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 8:57 Quote
lol well they look sick. But they have too much power. My fives were a little too powerful for me. So I hope the ultimates are a little weaker.

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 8:58 Quote
Get f*cking Three's then.

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 9:00 Quote
thatdownhillkid wrote:
lol well they look sick. But they have too much power. My fives were a little too powerful for me. So I hope the ultimates are a little weaker.
mine are perfect, just the right amount of power, you only need to feather them to stop slowly, they're awesome!

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 9:07 Quote
just buy elixirs

poser

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 9:12 Quote
i agree with the last dude, you sound like a poser. your riding a socom but you dont have the skill to use a good brake? maybe you should try something easier, like rollerblading in the park?

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 9:12 Quote
thatdownhill kid is a perfect example of a kid who shouldn't be riding top of the line parts yet. If you think Code's and Juicy's have too much power you should probably still be on a hardtail with mechanicals. That way you can figure out how to brake properly and use the Code's to their full extent. If you think five's have too much power you are not going to like the ultimates either. Why don't you get some Alivo hydros? Would really compliment your Socom

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 9:17 Quote
whatever. if you wanna bag on me it's all good. No worries.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 9:18 Quote
thatdownhillkid wrote:
whatever. if you wanna bag on me it's all good. No worries.
I was being completely serious though, if you are not skillful enough to realize the potential of the Code's then why don't you just buy Shimano ALivo Hydros? I'm sure you couldn't tell diff between those and some Magura's...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015267
Mobile Version of Website