Powered by Outside

banshee wildcard VS Transition Bottlerocket

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
banshee wildcard VS Transition Bottlerocket
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
hey guys, next year i will be getting a bike for dh( flowy dh liek a-line and dirt merchant with occasianal tech) and i was wondering what u guys thought. Intense ss or bottle rocket. which is stronger, more reliable, better geo for tricks, etc. give me all the pros and cons on both. thanx

FL
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 18:06 Quote
oh i forgot to add. both bikes would be around the same price. with full saint build. the intense wuld have either 823 laced to saint hubs or industry nin wheels, the br would have 823 to hope pro 2

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 18:09 Quote
Both aren't tagged as "DH bikes"...

Example, Intense SS is a slopestyle bike, far from a DH bike.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
flowy dh liek a-line and dirt merchant with occasianal tech. better geo for tricks,

FL
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 18:22 Quote
well i dont mean like dh like tech and a lot of big roots and rocks. more like a-line, dirt merchant, maybe the boneyard. that type of stuff, also going to hoodums. and by trick i meant, more flickable, my bad not tricks

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 11:57 Quote
Out of those bikes i would buy a intense. It has vpp and will out pedal and perform a bottle rocket. Keep in mind that they aren't DH bikes that's all.

Jp

Mod
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 12:14 Quote
The intense is lighter and has better geometry as it is a bike specifically meant for slope style. Intense designed it solely for one purpose and that was to be a lightweight trick machine. I have seen some cracked Intense SS frames as they aren't meant to be a do it all bike. They are in the FRO (For Racing Only) series and won't last several seasons of abuse. If you are specifically doing what the frame is meant for and are a smooth rider, it will last significantly longer than not being smooth and using a FRO bike for other things other than its intended use. Does this mean it will break when you do something else on it, probably not. However, the point is, these bikes are built for their purpose and can be built very light because they don't have extra material for DH and hucking. The Bottle Rocket is stronger, heavier, has worse geometry but it is more of a do it all type bike compared to the SS. Also, the SS will be pretty close to double the cost of a BR frame.

If you are looking for bikes in this discipline, look at the Reign X series too.

FL
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
The intense is lighter and has better geometry as it is a bike specifically meant for slope style. Intense designed it solely for one purpose and that was to be a lightweight trick machine. I have seen some cracked Intense SS frames as they aren't meant to be a do it all bike. They are in the FRO (For Racing Only) series and won't last several seasons of abuse. If you are specifically doing what the frame is meant for and are a smooth rider, it will last significantly longer than not being smooth and using a FRO bike for other things other than its intended use. Does this mean it will break when you do something else on it, probably not. However, the point is, these bikes are built for their purpose and can be built very light because they don't have extra material for DH and hucking. The Bottle Rocket is stronger, heavier, has worse geometry but it is more of a do it all type bike compared to the SS. Also, the SS will be pretty close to double the cost of a BR frame.

If you are looking for bikes in this discipline, look at the Reign X series too.

thanx that was really helpful, i can actually get the ss for 200 more than the bottle rocket, but ive read that the pivots arent very strong and the rear end is flexy. also i hear they have shitty welding. so im probs going for the bottle rocket. i dont wanna consider other bikes. i like the bottle rocket geo, and the maestro is so complicated, and i dont need it.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
I think you will be happy you chose the BR. I know I am. It sets up pretty nice for all around.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
and the maestro is so complicated, and i dont need it.

Don't discount it just because it has a more complicated suspension design, anyway it's not any more complicated than the VPP of the Intense. Anyway if you do get the Intense, make sure to run a bolt through hub or it will be way flexy.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
the bottle rocket is amazing i took my double with maxxis hookworms on a very steep loose slope it held up very well i could control it perfect didnt have to lock up my brakes once so the bottle rocket should be amazing and it a SS bike and its a transition so it shuld be way better than the intense i havent ridden either of the bikes so this is just my educated guess but ya i wuld definetly go with the transition

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
jakal44444 wrote:
the bottle rocket is amazing i took my double with maxxis hookworms on a very steep loose slope it held up very well i could control it perfect didnt have to lock up my brakes once so the bottle rocket should be amazing and it a SS bike and its a transition so it shuld be way better than the intense i havent ridden either of the bikes so this is just my educated guess but ya i wuld definetly go with the transition

An educated guess is probably the opposite of what you just said.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
jakal44444 wrote:

wow your educated guess is dumb...you says its amazing then you say it should be...

and u say transition is better than intense... doubtful...

and u havent ridden either so therefore you know nothing...

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
awl yea... the intense is going to be able to take hits way better than the rocket...

but the rocket is lil more nimble... it was easier for me to throw it around in the air...

but vpp is way better than singlepivot...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.054952
Mobile Version of Website