Powered by Outside

Im 13 , need a fs dh bike under 1500 used what do i get

PB Forum :: Downhill
Im 13 , need a fs dh bike under 1500 used what do i get
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 1:55 Quote
the title says it all!!! and i way about 50 - 60 kilos

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 2:13 Quote
used and under 1500. try ebay or trading post or something, theres heaps of things out there.

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 2:26 Quote
do you know good ones to look out for, brand or parts im beggining

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 2:39 Quote
theirs loads, if you look at the buy sell on here theres a lot of good ones check out
norco
giant
orange
iron horse
specialized
there all good mate just personal preferenece

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 2:44 Quote
look out for like 2006 and above anything older than that is getting more and more outdated.
check out a transition bottle rocket or any transition... they're solid!

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 3:25 Quote
Check this Giant out! I just got one and thier great! you'll have some money left to do it up as well! Ive already put a close range cassette, sdg saddle, crank bros 5050's and sram x-9 gearing on mine! It rides nice to!

http://paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b4s1p1735

FL
Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 4:23 Quote
Dude, ur 13, i dont recommend getting a full susser, the longer you stay on a hardtail the better rider u'll be. stay on the hardtail until ur at least 16 n have got a bit of muscle and skill to handle a big bike.

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 4:27 Quote
transitionrob wrote:
Dude, ur 13, i dont recommend getting a full susser, the longer you stay on a hardtail the better rider u'll be. stay on the hardtail until ur at least 16 n have got a bit of muscle and skill to handle a big bike.

^^ bulls#!t

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 8:21 Quote
transitionrob wrote:
totaly agree. have you already got a bike or would this one be your first proper one?

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 9:16 Quote
ocrap wrote:
transitionrob wrote:

^^ bulls#!t

No, very true.
I ride DH on a hardtail and beat my mates on Full Sus just because I out pedal them because of the weight difference.

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 9:19 Quote
If you're learning DH and biking in general, then you don't want to get a FS, if you've been dirt jumping since you were 3 months old and are looking at the gravity powered side of things, then there is a myriad of options, we could use a little more info

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 9:26 Quote
Yeaaa it really isnt nothings truer, its what I did and it is of so much benifit stick on a hardtail till you're about 15/16

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 9:27 Quote
You are 13. Unless you have been biking all your life, you need a hardtail to learn the basics.

A full suspension bike may make you quite a bit faster, but it absorbs all your mistakes, making it very hard to learn proper technique and line choice, and thus a lot slower in the long run.

Get a decent 26" or 24" dirt jumper, maybe a more freeridey frame that will take travel up to 150mm, learn to dirt jump, get really good at pump tracks, and practise DH whenever you can.

I guarantee you will improve much faster, and you will have more fun too, seeing as you can ride almost anything (street/dh) with the right hardtail setup.

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 9:29 Quote
When I was your age I was belting down DH trails on a giant boulder rode it to death and learned so much from it.

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 10:34 Quote
snook wrote:
ocrap wrote:
transitionrob wrote:

^^ bulls#!t

No, very true.
I ride DH on a hardtail and beat my mates on Full Sus just because I out pedal them because of the weight difference.
mate the only reason i said that is because he may have been riding for years
and just because he is 13 it doesn't mean he can't handle an fs,

i would go for something abit more freeridey than a pure dh rig, something like a quake or a norco six or a kona stinky

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008011
Mobile Version of Website