Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Shuttle for O-Cup races (Ontario)

PB Forum :: Canada - Central
Shuttle for O-Cup races (Ontario)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone has any info on a shuttle going to O-Cup races in ontario?
If not,
Should there be? Y or N
SAVAGE

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 16:19 Quote
There totally should be a shuttle...could help a lot of riders out.

That is a big "Y" for me.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 16:19 Quote
YES! ...but I am my own shuttleFrown

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 16:20 Quote
If anyone can help other riders out, by giving them a ride up to the races (asuming your going to the same one Razz ) i think that would help also, I know i'd pitch in for gas.
I think there should be a petition to have a shuttle.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 16:23 Quote
...definitely, my truck only holds one passenger and its not nearly big enough. When I get my cousins F350 I'd shuttle anyone who can fit.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 17:07 Quote
undecided, O-cup or Q-cup ?

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 17:08 Quote
chrischriskris wrote:

i think Q-Cup for more advanced riders,
O-Cup if your just havin fun.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 17:39 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
chrischriskris wrote:

no, the courses of the Q-cup are definitely more downhill racing. O-cup is more of just...what Ontario has to offer. i would race whatever is near, most people don't even race for overall points anyway so if theirs an O-cup race near you go to it as well as a Q-cup race near you. no sense in driving 5 hours for a race that you don't need to attend.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 17:44 Quote
odin333 wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
chrischriskris wrote:

no, the courses of the Q-cup are definitely more downhill racing. O-cup is more of just...what Ontario has to offer. i would race whatever is near, most people don't even race for overall points anyway so if theirs an O-cup race near you go to it as well as a Q-cup race near you. no sense in driving 5 hours for a race that you don't need to attend.

? that's more or less what i meant :S

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 17:50 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
odin333 wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:

? that's more or less what i meant :S

oops, didn't mean to put no, i was agreeing with you.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 17:52 Quote
since you live near blue, if google maps is right. There should be quite a few people coming from that area.

Post something on DM, no offence to the riders on here, but a lot of them, like most of us are just 14-17 y.o's. I know my parents wouldn't really be willing to drive somebody that they don't know and just because they needed a ride.

What your looking for is somebody older who wouldn't mind helping some young kids out.

Also it would be best if you got a ride to first kelso race and asked around there.

But also since you live in barrie, the only real Q-Cup that makes sense is Fortune, but since O-Cups go there twice you don't really need to go a third time if your main goal is to have fun. And if its the same as last year and one horseshoe and one blue. You should be able to manage to get out at least to those two.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 17:55 Quote
ciszewski wrote:
since you live near blue, if google maps is right. There should be quite a few people coming from that area.

Post something on DM, no offence to the riders on here, but a lot of them, like most of us are just 14-17 y.o's. I know my parents wouldn't really be willing to drive somebody that they don't know and just because they needed a ride.

What your looking for is somebody older who wouldn't mind helping some young kids out.

Also it would be best if you got a ride to first kelso race and asked around there.

But also since you live in barrie, the only real Q-Cup that makes sense is Fortune, but since O-Cups go there twice you don't really need to go a third time if your main goal is to have fun. And if its the same as last year and one horseshoe and one blue. You should be able to manage to get out at least to those two.

yeah, probably better to meet some people at the Kelso race and get familiar with them and you'll probably be able to get a ride easy for the next one. i don't think theirs alot of people that bother with Q-cup seeing as they have events at MSA (pretty sure) which is like a 9 hour drive from the GTA. Chris just lives in between the two though so he's lucky enough to choose.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 17:57 Quote
Yeah I know. good dh versus no offence meh.
but meh is fun good is alot more competitive.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 18:02 Quote
chrischriskris wrote:
Yeah I know. good dh versus no offence meh.
but meh is fun good is alot more competitive.

come out to Ontario then yo. you can show all of us up on your new Sunday. wasn't that suppose to be here like 2 weeks ago?

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 18:02 Quote
odin333 wrote:
yeah, probably better to meet some people at the Kelso race and get familiar with them and you'll probably be able to get a ride easy for the next one. i don't think theirs alot of people that bother with Q-cup seeing as they have events at MSA (pretty sure) which is like a 9 hour drive from the GTA. Chris just lives in between the two though so he's lucky enough to choose.

Chris who?

edit: aahhh the guy above me...where you live?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.110457
Mobile Version of Website