Powered by Outside

Kona Coiler deluxe upgrade to Cove G-spot?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Kona Coiler deluxe upgrade to Cove G-spot?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 14:02 Quote
Hi, I'm looking at getting a new frame to replace my 2007 Kona Coiler deluxe, I am thinking about getting a Cove G-spot frame. My question is, do you think this will be a worthwhile upgrade? as travel wise, suspension design and weight are all pretty much the same.

The other problem is i'm starting to go bigger, about 10-15 foot drops to tranny. Will the G-spot take this or do I need a bigger bike?

Thanks for any help.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
Do it...
The G-spot will take anything you throw at it, if boyko could throw it off the stuff he was doing then you can...
I owned a kona stinky primo and they feel very tinny compared to the G-spot. The cove build quality is jjust immense, I'd recommend one to anyone they are seriopusly so nice,
Heres a pic of mine
photo

Just go for it dude, its perfect for riding in this country, unless your looking at doing downhill when i think 6" is too short. But for freeride you cant go wrong...
And its built in BC!! so its easily gunna handle anything in the uk...
Good luck mate Salute

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
but i spose it really depends on how comfortable you wanna be....
obv your gunna feel less on a bigger travel bike (providing its set up right)than a 6"...
But the g-spot will take anything you throw at it....your components will break before the frame will haha

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 14:31 Quote
Thanks for the reply mate, nice bike BTW. I think im gonna have to sleep on this one for a few days. The STD looks very tempting but its more expensive, and like you said, we live in the UK and things don't get that huge here so the extra squishyness isn't needed. But then again I am off to Morzine later this year. I just wish I had the money to buy a Stifee, G-spot and an STD! lol

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 14:36 Quote
What's wrong with the coiler? I know my friends coiler deluxe handles 10-15 ft. drops to a tranny with no problems at all.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 14:39 Quote
thanks mate,
Yeah its my pride and joy....
I think a g-spot will cope very well with morzine....but yeah an STD would be pretty sweet, i cant not think that it would be a little overkill for the uk though, unless your a dh boy. I'm doing similar size stuff to you and the g-spot is coping fantastically, Its pretty easy to ride around too. providing you keep a decent track on what you build it up with it can be a good weight too, Mines about 37-38 pounds which is really not that bad.
I was in Vancouver last year and g-spots seemed to be very popular on the mountains, (this was before i bought mine) whenever i asked about them i got the same response " an awesome bike which can take anything but wont kill you on simple rides either"
would love to hear what you decide on getting mate

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 14:41 Quote
Oh, have you considered a Transition dirtbag?

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
dualsuspensiondave wrote:
What's wrong with the coiler? I know my friends coiler deluxe handles 10-15 ft. drops to a tranny with no problems at all.

Yeah I agree, its a great bike and I would recommend it to anyone. I just feel like a change to something more prestigious and I've just had a fat bonus from work Smile

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
Yeah i forgot to mention that....
Im prob a bit biased now seeing as i have a g-spot but i think the g-spot looks much smoother. and is better reinforced? (headtube etc)

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 14:51 Quote

Yeah its really nice, its in my top 5 bikes. But I've always had a soft spot for Coves. The wife wants a Stifee too (eeh emm!!) So it will be nice to have two Coves.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
some lucky guy on PB has a cove family.....
Stiffee g-spot and shocker i think.....
lucky punk Wink

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
R055 wrote:

Yeah its really nice, its in my top 5 bikes. But I've always had a soft spot for Coves. The wife wants a Stifee too (eeh emm!!) So it will be nice to have two Coves.

If she wants a stiffee, why not give it to her! Enjoy your new bike, whatever it may be!

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 15:13 Quote
Wait till late 09 cove is dropping a new G spot.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 5:21 Quote
What do you guys think about the Knolly Delirium T ? I think it looks good with the "Freeride Kit" (listed on knolly website)

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 5:29 Quote
R055 wrote:
What do you guys think about the Knolly Delirium T ? I think it looks good with the "Freeride Kit" (listed on knolly website)

they look better in real life,although all them linkages are gonna need extra tlc when the uk weather turns crap,oh wait we dont have nice weather in the first place.

solely depends on your budget too.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010193
Mobile Version of Website