Powered by Outside

DO you know a DJ bike (hardtail) that can be taken on trails easily?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
DO you know a DJ bike (hardtail) that can be taken on trails easily?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:11 Quote
basically im looking for a bike for my friend, he wants a bike for VERY light freeride, a bit of dirtjumping but mainly a bike for trails. id imagine a bike like the marin rocky ridge (AXC) but he is wanting to spend £375 max, he wants it new, not second hand, and it needs some ok forks. If u have a bike on the top of your head then plz post it on this thread. thanks. Ren Jail Jailbreak

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:25 Quote
STP does it all...Not sure on the price though.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:26 Quote
whats the reason for wanting new?

IMHO he'd be far better off atm spending that money on a second hand bike as he will get better deals with the better parts.

For that sort of riding he might want to check out the specialized P. all mountain

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:32 Quote
I ran an STP for a couple of years it hammered the hills and jumped just as good but it is a hardtail and you need to find a good reliable fork is all there is too it

FL
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:36 Quote
STP is the bomb for DJ and trails. I have a '08 Specialized Hardrock Comp and it does DJ and DH very well for an entry level bike. Just need a new fork and some new brakes

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:38 Quote
i also agree with thud+ the Danish about an STP...ive ridden my stp on trails and dj's and it rides well on all...Just gives you some back ache if you ride for an extremely long time doing XC Wink

Sam

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:42 Quote
he wants new cos he is moving house soon and wants it asap and he cant b bothered (i know, it sounds really lazy)to do second hand. he needs quick delivery.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:44 Quote
STP is well over the price he wants to pay:P im pretty sure that for that price range your not going to be able to get a good bike with sus. you can if he doesnt mind ridgid.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:46 Quote
the forks dont have to be amazing, i think he just doesnt want anything really bad, i think he likes the look of DJ 3 forks.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
the only issue i ever had with my stp is that it started to get a lot of frame twist. and by a lot i mean a lot. that was after a year and a half of a 200 pound guy beating the hell out of it blew 3 diferent forks on it numerous wheels seat couple seat posts a few bb's. although if your gonna do a lot of XC its not the absolute greatest.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 9:12 Quote
To be honest, it's just unrealistic to ask for a new decent DJ bike for that price. It's either going to be more expensive, far less durable, or 2nd hand. I know a while back Haro had a decent spec DJ bike for about $600US, but that was a couple years ago.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 9:17 Quote
he should get an stp u can do anything on them ive got one and i do abit of every thing on it

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 9:21 Quote
i got a bike. my santacruz chameleon that i'm trying to sell. lol.
maybe a ns suburban. i got one, seems good on the trails, you can jump, drop, pump and stuff like that.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 9:22 Quote
nlitworld wrote:
To be honest, it's just unrealistic to ask for a new decent DJ bike for that price. It's either going to be more expensive, far less durable, or 2nd hand. I know a while back Haro had a decent spec DJ bike for about $600US, but that was a couple years ago.
i got my first stp for that price canadian

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 9:24 Quote
No doubt that the NS Surge is one of the best bikes for everything! Ive got a frame im selling only because my sponser is giving me a new hardtail. Frame for only $250 pictures are on my profile

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008964
Mobile Version of Website