Powered by Outside

Devinci 8 Flat 8 or Kona Stinky? Which is better for freeriding

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Devinci 8 Flat 8 or Kona Stinky? Which is better for freeriding
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 21:12 Quote
Which bike would be a better freerider? Completely stock

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 21:15 Quote
100% 8flat8 kona stinky snap crack bent break and feel terrible plus crappy warrenty.

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 21:18 Quote
Horst Link > Faux bar so.. the 8 Flat 8 gets my vote.

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 5:54 Quote
I have a kona stinky 08 and live in the very far north of england. its very hilly and i have built some good trails. i would pick the stinky over the 8 flat 8. plus does anyone no about the fork warranty for the 08 stinky

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 5:57 Quote
I found that the devinci is a lot longer (like a race bike) and is a little bulky in the tight stuff. My stinky however is shorter and therefore quicker. Their both good bikes but the stink is better for freeride.

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 6:17 Quote
stinkys suck balls, dont get one Smile get the devinci, heard good things Beer

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 6:21 Quote
I have a kona stinky 08 and live in the very far north of england. its very hilly and i have built some good trails. i would pick the stinky over the 8 flat 8. plus does anyone no about the fork warranty for the 08 stinky

do you even know what a 8-Flat-8 is? or ever seen one? ever ridden one?

Devinci make a completely different, higher quality of frame to anything Kona have produced in Taiwan for them

Devinci = Lifetime warranty on frame, Canadian made (Quebec), true four-bar / horst pivot suspension on needle roller bearings

The 8-Flat-8 was Devinci's entry level Downhill racing bike, and was based on the same frame as the Wilson, but with more affordable components to make the bike hit a lower pricepoint

a true comparison in terms of freeride bikes, would have been the Johnson or Ollie, compared to the Stinky

a modern comparison between the Stinky and a Devinci 2008 bike would be the Devinci Frantik

here's my Johnson in action, back in 2005

photo

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 6:24 Quote
the nearest Kona to compare with a Devinci downhill bike is the kona stab

unfortunately this kind of failure is a little too common with Stabs...

photo

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 8:25 Quote
shit man, I always thought Stinky's were good bikes

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 8:29 Quote
you thought wrong Pimp haha jk man go for tge devinci def

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 8:30 Quote
I have always liked the Stinky's but know after all the pictures and comments I would have to go with the Devinci

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
the only reason why u see more snapped konas is beacuse there the most popular dh/fr bike so of corse your going to see more of them broken

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
konarider187 wrote:
the only reason why u see more snapped konas is beacuse there the most popular dh/fr bike so of corse your going to see more of them broken

+1

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 19:47 Quote
Dont listen to the little kid rumour circle on here..Ive had plenty of bikes..I currently am riding a 07 stinky d for my freeride rig and it holds up..IN OREGON..we build big out here..

All bikes break..There breaking down the second there made..People like to hate on Kona ...MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO..

For the money..cant beat it..

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 19:49 Quote
cant beat a lifetime warranty go for the devinci, but it may have a lil more suspension than you want for FR

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011778
Mobile Version of Website