Powered by Outside

Most Influential Rider

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Most Influential Rider
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 16:34 Quote
So i was sitting here pondering upon the question as to who in my mind the most influential rider to me was. If figured that Steve Romaniuk was always the guy i was watching, his style just even riding trails influenced me greatly, and his ability to be flowy even when hucking. And then i came upon Cam McCaul. His attitude toward riding is exactly the way i like to see the persona of biking, just having fun, pushing your limits, and learning new things every day. He definately made me have a whole different perspective towards dirt jumping.

So basically i just want to know, who was or is the most influential rider to you. Everyones will be different, so lets here yours, and why you like them, and why they have progressed your riding ability.Smile

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 16:43 Quote
I think that my most influential rider is probably Darren Berrecloth. I think he is because he has so much style and he's so versatile.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 16:54 Quote
Aaron Chase, I love his style and after his segment in NWD 7 I just couldn't get enough of him.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 17:03 Quote
influential to the sport darren berrecloth, he prettymuch pioneered the new school of freeride, i.e hucking big tricks on big bikes out inn the backcountry. first the rampage super seater, then the nwd 4 3drop, then the whistler road gap 3, and then finishing 9th in a top bmx comp.

along the way, he's been appearing in damn near every vid (drop in, kranked, nwd, collective, headfirst, 2six), and in every mag, showcasing his new style of riding. and, crucially, he's been appearing in outside shows, i.e discovery channel, representing the coolest facet imo of mtb.

definitely done the most to move the sport forwards, recently at least.

for former mtbers, i'd say tarek rasouli, he got paralyzed, but not before being a frorider, on of the originial freeriders, going to morocco, and then after the fact, got into a wheelchair and started organizing slopestyles in the city that truly showcase mtb to random people, i.e the disctrict ride and qashqai

personally, the most influential rders has been aaron chase ,who was probably one of the first riders i'd heard of. his street riding was just on another level. i think he's the only street riders to not just be a hucker or just a bmx copy (sorry, hauck and vass)

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 17:57 Quote
Andreu Lacondeguy when i first saw him (NWD7) I was hooked so much style and skill

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 18:33 Quote
Brian Lopes. He was the first rider I ever saw on TV, he was bombing the downhill at Sea Otter on a Cannondale HT. Simply amazing, watching his riding style was where I took a lot of my cues from.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 19:31 Quote
Paul bas for going for it in his second comp.

Darren berreclothe for sending the big tricks.

Cam for his attitude towards riding and being super chill.

shit and steve romaniuk for sending the big stuff with style and Good attitude.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 19:37 Quote
Brett Tippie old school cool! All around favorite for me though has got to be Wade Simmons....SMOOTH! Plus he has been riding in vids forever it seems and I still enjoy watching him!

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 19:44 Quote
cam becasue hes a sick rider with good style and mad tricks

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 19:44 Quote
Dan Cowan, after i saw him in calgary he has been my hero
his riding style is awsome

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 19:58 Quote
i kno alot of u might laugh but it is Josh Bender... The sport would not be where it is today with out him... Suspension and fram design would not be as far as it is and people might not being going as big if it wasnt for him...

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 20:15 Quote
wade simmons. hes a jedi ninja.

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 22:25 Quote
every rider and the inventor of the bike. well because if someone didnt invent the bike,well lets just say we would all probably be talking about who fun surfing is. And if it wasnt for everyone who has ever ridin a bike. all the pros we see today would not be our heros cause they didnt have some one to look up to.

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 at 22:31 Quote
i second Darren Berrecloth, hes just amazing

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010442
Mobile Version of Website