Powered by Outside

Norco frame recall!

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco frame recall!
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 21:42 Quote
Norco is recalling a bunch of their frames. Read more about it here.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 21:49 Quote
ridedabrodie wrote:
Allready posted.
Sucks wish mine was in the recall, that way I could get a new frame too

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 21:51 Quote
ridedabrodie wrote:
Allready posted.

Your point? I'm making a thread here to sticky it so that more riders are aware of the recall.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 19:38 Quote
so I have a 08 shore 1, i checked the serial # and i fell ino the bracket. Upon inspection I noticed I already had a crack.
So... i went ahead and called the local shop that deals with norco, but they said they will only take it at that shop if i bought it there. I called another shop and they said it will only get replaced if i have a reciept for the frame.
the problem I have is that i bought it off a guy in penticton that does camps and has norco as a sponsor so he was given the bike and there is no reciept or shops to deal with.
I spoke to a norco distributor and they couldn't offer much help except saying to just read what is posted on the website. I am going to call the head office tomorrow but i was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem or any suggestions on what to do.
I dont understand why they cant just replace the frame without a reciept seeing that i have one that falls into the group of serial #'s being recalled
So far it looks like i'm out of luck and if so I know that I will be getting a custom made frame and never be buying a norco again.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 21:14 Quote
seystew wrote:
so I have a 08 shore 1, i checked the serial # and i fell ino the bracket. Upon inspection I noticed I already had a crack.
So... i went ahead and called the local shop that deals with norco, but they said they will only take it at that shop if i bought it there. I called another shop and they said it will only get replaced if i have a reciept for the frame.
the problem I have is that i bought it off a guy in penticton that does camps and has norco as a sponsor so he was given the bike and there is no reciept or shops to deal with.
I spoke to a norco distributor and they couldn't offer much help except saying to just read what is posted on the website. I am going to call the head office tomorrow but i was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem or any suggestions on what to do.
I dont understand why they cant just replace the frame without a reciept seeing that i have one that falls into the group of serial #'s being recalled
So far it looks like i'm out of luck and if so I know that I will be getting a custom made frame and never be buying a norco again.

Your shops suck big hairy monkey dick, we have a guy at our shop, bought his frame used, called Norco and they are air shipping him one ot here to Winnipeg. When you talk to the Norco head office let them know that the one shop will only deal with bikes they sold. Norco is doing everything they can to keep people on thier bikes, its good buiseness

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 21:59 Quote
I had the same argument with my local shop. I e-mailed Norco and they said no receipt is required. Went back to the shop with the e-mail and showed them and they reluctantly accepted it. Did you know that if the shop refused you and you took your bike out and rode it and it broke then the shop and Norco could both be liable. The shops just don't realize this is not like warranty work. It is a safety recall. Just e-mail recall@norco.com. I got a reply in like 3 minutes and the local shop has now accepted the bikes (I have 2 shore 3's).

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 18:14 Quote
thnx guys i emailed them and they said the exact same as you have. I'll be taking my bike in tomorrow and hopefully have it replaced sometime soon

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
pimpedaline wrote:
seystew wrote:

Your shops suck big hairy monkey dick, we have a guy at our shop, bought his frame used, called Norco and they are air shipping him one ot here to Winnipeg. When you talk to the Norco head office let them know that the one shop will only deal with bikes they sold. Norco is doing everything they can to keep people on thier bikes, its good buiseness

Is it true that Norco will only pay the first hour of labour to have the parts transfered from the cracked one to the new one? I brought in my 2009 Aline which has quite the crack and they said they will only do one hour on Norco's tab, the rest is up to me?

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 19:12 Quote
I am not sure on that one, but a good mechanice could do the swap in about 2 hours, at our shop rate of $60/hr thats not to bad to have a bike built up

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 19:17 Quote
pimpedaline wrote:
I am not sure on that one, but a good mechanice could do the swap in about 2 hours, at our shop rate of $60/hr thats not to bad to have a bike built up

....except that Norco f*cked up and should pay the full 2 hours, its not my fault I had faith and spent $3700 on their 2009 Aline and it broke after 9 days of riding.

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 19:30 Quote
CanadaDiscGolf wrote:
pimpedaline wrote:

....except that Norco f*cked up and should pay the full 2 hours, its not my fault I had faith and spent $3700 on their 2009 Aline and it broke after 9 days of riding.
It may not have been Norco's fault they hire people to make thier bikes and from time to time one of those companies try to pull a fast one and take advantage of the people they work for by using low grade materials. We had it happen with one of our brands werre the supplier substuted a low grade post clamp bolt, the things would just fall off the bike after a day or two, no popping just fall off. We call the bike company and they just happened to have the buyer at the factory at the time and he took a couple of bolts and had them tested and they were way below what the design guys spec'd for the part.
As for a shop charging you for warrenty work on a frame that is that new, they are a bunch of money hungery bums, we supply free labour on all new bikes for one year, have a problem bring it in we fix it, as long as its not neglect or abuse ther e is no charge

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
This sucks .... No norco dealers here in singapore. The only dealer is 6hours away in KL malaysia. How unfortunate .... is norco able to ship a frame down to singapore ?

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 20:01 Quote
well my bike IS envolved in the recal, whent to my norco dealer the other day and they say theres nothing i can do cuz i bought the frame "used" with out the original bill of sale, so there is nothing they can do, cuz i have no warrenty on it withought the original bill of same for it.

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
bike-person wrote:
well my bike IS envolved in the recal, whent to my norco dealer the other day and they say theres nothing i can do cuz i bought the frame "used" with out the original bill of sale, so there is nothing they can do, cuz i have no warrenty on it withought the original bill of same for it.

The dealer is being douche then...if your serial number is part of the recall you should be good, try a different Norco dealer.

and to you directly bike-person, you were a jackass in a previous post, telling me to quit bitching about labour costs when getting it replaced...thats lame on your part. I bought a $3700 bike and it cracks after 9 days of use...your damn right I am bitching about paying an extra $60 labour costs to get the parts transfered over.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.087319
Mobile Version of Website