2010 WC DH Finals in NY. Attention every American!

PB Forum :: Downhill
2010 WC DH Finals in NY. Attention every American!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 20, 2009 at 22:49 Quote
In case you haven't heard the 2010 DH WC finals are at Windham, NY on Aug. 28-29, 2010. This is our chance guys. If you love DH racing and you are American it is absolutely imperative that you do everything within your power to be at that race. This is a new resort. They have an almost complete legit WC caliber DH course. They are still testing the waters and so is the UCI. If we flood this event sponsor money will come flooding into racing and bike parks will pop up everywhere. BE THERE!!!!

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 at 22:51 Quote
Omg! Wild DavidMakalaster spotted! Throw the Master Ball and don't let him get away this time!

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 20, 2009 at 23:00 Quote
We lost the Bromont date Frown Oh well there's still a Canadian date and the states is always a great way to get publicity.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:00 Quote
You people bump the lamest threads. Keep this schit at the top with a little discussion so everyone can see it. Instead you're busy on page 80 something of "What songs to get me pumped for DH?"

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:04 Quote
They scheduled it right when I'm likely to be at college orientation... I'll be there anyway.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:05 Quote
Lets start a car-pool!!!

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:09 Quote
RapidRob wrote:
Lets start a car-pool!!!

where do you live? haha ill join, cause i can drive by then an ill take my moms nice van =)

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:09 Quote
I would be at that shit but I am tooooo far away.

On a side note, Got the DHR shit yet Thomassss?

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:35 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
If we flood this event sponsor money will come flooding into racing and bike parks will pop up everywhere. BE THERE!!!!

I know I'm arguing with the Mak here but the popularity of the Ft William event has yet to result in bike parks "popping up everywhere" here in Scotland...

Progress is slow, long winded and now 7 years later the first proper bike park has been given the go ahead with a chairlift. Sure it's great American DH is getting more coverage with this event but I don't see the logic behind sponsor money flooding in.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:48 Quote
could be a good chance to get DH really going in the States. I'd like to go, should see how far it is from were i live.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:55 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
If we flood this event sponsor money will come flooding into racing and bike parks will pop up everywhere. BE THERE!!!!

this is not true

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:55 Quote
There is a science to bikepark management and it takes a dedicated group.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 8:58 Quote
I tried starting a similar thread and no one commented on it, But Yes I am going for sure, even if it means missing the first few days of school.

does anyone know what you have to do to be able to race there?

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 9:00 Quote
I'm racing it DM :]

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010207
Mobile Version of Website