Powered by Outside

A Level product design help!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
A Level product design help!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 4:16 Quote
Need help you guys!
I have to come up with 100 solutions to stop mud getting in your eyes and stones flicking up and scratching your bike when riding. Ok i know googles work but they also get muddy and tear offs can get sketchy if you need to take it off going through a rock garden!

These ideas can be as rediculous as wrapping your bike in bubble wrap or as lame as not riding your bike (that would suck, i know)

Let the ideas flow in guys and girls!!!

Cheers
Olie

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 4:43 Quote
Hate thinking up ideas for product design. I'm doing it right now for A level as well! I'm doing a new way of putting ur bike on a car because a lot of bike racks are crap and if u go putting ur bike inside the car when it is muddy it sucks to have to clean the inside after!

As for the mud flicking up maybe a way of enclosing the chin guard (underneath part of a full face? As you get a load of mud spraying up through there! Or a tear off system that is on a roll, that is spring loaded/wind up and continously unwinds on a run, so you dont have to go one handed over a rock garden! At the bottom u just clean it off and wind it back up?! Or maybe something similar to the RRP mudguards?

Anyway bit of food for thought, however rubbish.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 6:57 Quote
Cheers, helpfull ideas! Good luck with yours!
keep them coming people...

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
Any more ideas guys?

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 16:36 Quote
only ride on freshly washed concrete!

go really really slow

if you use any of these ideas on your paper, please inform the instructor i would like some credit and a grade because, i just want it.

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 3:18 Quote
thanks for the ideas, i will be sure to do that for you haha!

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 3:22 Quote
crud catcher,its all i could come up with.

and what the hell is desing.?

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 3:25 Quote
just a question

are you taking a level English?

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 3:36 Quote
The piece of innertube between the forks works pretty well at high speeds; most of the dirt that gets in your eyes flicks forwards from the front tyre then gets blown into your eyes - the bit of innertube stops it. You could make a fancy version of this - but I think there might already be a product on the market(?). Smile

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 3:39 Quote
http://www.rapidracerproducts.com/NeoGuard.htm

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 3:40 Quote
this stuff is fantastic; mud cannot stick to your bike; just don't get any on your rotors

http://www.pam4you.com/pages/products/original/index.jsp

unfortunately not available in europe

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 3:51 Quote
make goggles with windscreen swippers!Big Grin

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 3:53 Quote
wippers, i cant spell either :s

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 3:57 Quote
Will-Levo wrote:
wippers, i cant spell either :s

Wipers Wink

Just the one P im afraid Razz

On topic though, how about a part that connects onto your bars or fork crown, which goes out infront of your wheel, and acts as a kinda 'mud plough' lol
Beer

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 4:11 Quote
kinda like this http://www.thormx.com/product.jsp?path=1537,1544,6689

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009209
Mobile Version of Website