Seven Springs - new features and new trail.

PB Forum :: USA - East
Seven Springs - new features and new trail.
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 16:58 Quote
Hey everyone. The rest of the park crew and myself have been working like crazy over the past week and a half to finally get some new terrain and new features in at Seven Springs.

We've been benching, clearing, and raking the trail known as "Frankenstein" which is a very rocky, natural trail with lots of tight singletrack sections and a big, wide open drop at the end. It SHOULD be 100% finished and open by this weekend. We've been test riding it section by section and it still needs some fine tuning in spots, but all in all, there's really nothing else like it up there, and it's a blast to ride.

One thing which we've been hearing nearly everyone asking for has been a better feature exiting helen's woods onto showtime. Well, a twelve foot long "diving board" ladder bridge should fit the bill nicely. Chris and I spent about eight hours today planning, digging, cutting and driving screws. We finished building in a torrential downpour and managed to test ride it (in the wet...) a few times. It's prime. You flow nicely through the next two tabletops when it's hit at speed. Pictures should be posted on ride7springs.com tomorrow or the next day. I'll try and put some up on here as well.

Come up and ride.

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 15:20 Quote
thank you! I was wondering what was going on frankenstien has been on the map but its never open. How big is the drop? ill be out soon i won a lift pass at the GSE event so..........big up yourselves.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2009 at 18:09 Quote
here's some shots of the new stuff, enjoy:

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
Awesome! ended up having to leave before I could find out if it was open or not...

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 19:06 Quote
was up there and did some poaching franken is super fun

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 12:18 Quote
ya i saw some dudes riding it so i did tooJailbreak

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 14:02 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
ya i saw some dudes riding it so i did tooJailbreak

what did you think of it?

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 12:00 Quote
i didnt go very fast, but it was cool. wish i coulda hit it like 15 more times but didnt want to piss off anyone. ill be back.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 14:27 Quote
its officially open now so hit it all you want

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 21:29 Quote
rode it this morning for trail inspection in a torrential downpour. definitely makes it more challenging... and thankful that chris weedwacked all the grass in between the woodsy spots. heh.

i'm starting work on the LOWER lower section tomorrow. the section i doubt anyone even really knows about it. should be open soon. but yeah, frankenstein is a beast. have fun with it. as soon as that's done, we're on to new projects... heh heh heh.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 21:54 Quote
Awesome! I held out last weekend but it looked tempting. Thanks for all the work. Any chance of some brace drops coming out of the woods onto the steeps on Frankenstein?

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 15:03 Quote
poormtnbkr wrote:
Awesome! I held out last weekend but it looked tempting. Thanks for all the work. Any chance of some brace drops coming out of the woods onto the steeps on Frankenstein?
i was hoping for that as well. a nice 8 footer would be fun.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
poormtnbkr wrote:

as you're on the last woodsy section of frankenstein (well, the last FINISHED one), stop and have a look to your left. you'll see something about 15 feet back, in the woods. draw your own conclusions. Eek i think it's just what everyone's looking for. it's a relatively small job to have it ready, and as soon as we have some free time... happy hucking!

we're NOW working on finishing frankenstein's bottom 1/4 or so. we figured the best course of action was to begin by finishing the part that is now open, as it connects to EC-1 easily, and then concentrate on the much more work-intensive lower section. if you like rocks, you'll love it. keep in mind, this section is definitely NOT open right now. if you want to see it, hike it. we won't get mad, i swear. however, if you ride it, you're likely to hurt yourself OR one of us, as there's several blind turns on both lines, and at least one or two park crew guys will be back there working for the next few days, at least.

i'll post pictures of the works-in-progress over the next few days.

thanks again to the people posting and viewing this thread. the rest of the guys and myself are doing our absolute best, and running ourselves ragged to get new terrain open, glad to hear people seem to like it. stay posted, we're not likely to stop building any time soon. we have... off hand... at least 4 new sections (all of which have expert level features) being planned. i won't give away anything else.

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 18:55 Quote
so i've heard that springs park is pulling in cash this summer (thanks to all that have been coming out). the owners are happy and giving the builders more freedom and will hopefully have more stuff in by the beginning of september. i'll try to get pics of any features that will be going in (hopefully soon)

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019186
Mobile Version of Website