holywell dene

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
holywell dene
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 9:20 Quote
anyone rode there? whats it like?

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 2:22 Quote
hey

me and a group of friends build and maintain the trails there. we also obviously ride there alot also living in holywell. its pretty sweet, we have a good few lines consisting of jumps, berms, rock gardens, hips, a small bowl, north shore drop and other drops. pretty folwing and fast lines and more dificult technical lines. theres stuff on both side of the river down there the main area has good lines all going downhill and the other side of the river has hard technical downhill and northshore drop.

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 12:09 Quote
i used to ride there alot. just had 18months out of riding, new bike due on the 16th so should be out again soon,

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 at 11:56 Quote
theres loads of guys that ride holywell dont know where they are though thought theyd have posted.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 12:51 Quote
yeah its pritty good, more of a freeride spot than anything.

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
YakuzaRider wrote:

no ther are a few dh lines not freeride

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 11:28 Quote
YakuzaRider wrote:
u dont evin wana gan any more u say its shit

Posted: Feb 15, 2008 at 11:47 Quote
woo holidays are here and holywell is buzzing with some really good atmosphere at the minute. very busy during holiday periods so patience is advised. its not shit yakuzarider you dont even ride there were the main trail keepers.

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 2:02 Quote
http://www.southerndownhill.com/forum/index.php/topic,146630.msg1262963.html#new

check this thread out.

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 12:56 Quote
poorly maintained, full of little charvas and short runs, unless your very local it's not worth the effort

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
tbh i agree, unless your local.

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 0:55 Quote
it is poorly maintained as in it looks a little rough but rides well. until we get a spell of wet theres no chance in building. and the majority of spots have charv problems.

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
speedyreidy wrote:
the majority of spots have charv problems.
Quite a big one there also people sit around on the jumps and right next to them and make you feel like you cant do any of them 2 cents

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
someone asked for opinions and i gave mine, i've been riding in the dene for nearly 20 year, it'll never change yeah there are a couple of runs down a hill but lets be honest it's not downhill, the hill is like 40 foot high tops, go to hamsterly, Ae or fort Bill thats downhill. yeah you should be proud of trying to better the trails for yourself but giving others the impression that it's a top place to ride and worth a trip over is just wrong.

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 15:45 Quote
fun place to go if you dont want to travle far OR PAY!!!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.372492
Mobile Version of Website