2010 Glory 00 Build Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2010 Glory 00 Build Thread
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 11:15 Quote
Well it finally came in and the build starts now.
Got to excited to take any pictures pre build but ill
give you the run down came out of the box weighing with reflectors 37.30lbs which is pretty rad compared to other years weights.

So Stage one (Do what i can with the stuff i have in the shop at this very moment )
Swapped out the very heavy Dh tubes that were in the bike stock and chopped the seat post down
Current weight 35.58lbs
almost 2lbs off my rotational weight which is huge
photo

first out of the box with the Massive post
photo

To the scale after tube swap and post cut
photo

photo

With the changes without pedals

photo

As she sits now waiting for stage two of super bike build
More goodies to come from Straitline and easton.....

#BANS Stryke, timlake, windowlicker, crs-one #BANS

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
Nice. can't wait to see more.

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 12:17 Quote
Sick! 35 pounds is insane.

FL
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 12:26 Quote
What tubes did you put in to drop 2 pounds?

Here is my exact build of my Glory 00. I will have pics posted in the thread when it is all built.

Frame: Giant Glory 00
Stem: Race Face atlas fr direct mount (white)
Bars: Race Face atlas fr (blue)
Brakes: Shimano Saints
Fork: Rock Shox boxxer world cup(White)
Headset: FSA headset (comes with bike)
Shifter: Shimano Saint
Tires: Minion 3C
Cranks: Race Face atlas fr (blue)
Bottom Brackes: Hope (with ceramic bearings and the color is Grey)
Chain Guide: MRP G2
Pedals: Straitline (white)
Shock: CCDB with (Ti-coil)
Seat post: Giant Connect
Saddle: Fi'zi:k Tundra
Derailleur: Shimano Saint
Cassette: Shimano Saint, 11-28T, 9SP
Race Wheelset: Silver mavic 721(blue nipples, silver spokes) Chris King hubs (blue)

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 13:03 Quote
Update Stage 2
The boys at Straitline (thank you!!!!)hooked me up pretty good with new pedals and a stem in the new color
photo

photo

out with the old
photo

In with the Blue
photo

Ps i know stack height is tall its getting cut ASAP i have to work sometime
photo

Pedals meet shins, Shins meet pedals
photo

photo

photo

Its snowing right now so i'm getting bored
photo

these look unreal in person

Stage 2 Update
Straitline Pedals
Straitline 50mm stem

Current weight 36.50

More to come

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 13:05 Quote
i-race-downhill wrote:

Here is my exact build of my Glory 00. I will have pics posted in the thread when it is all built.

Race Wheelset: Silver mavic 721(blue nipples, silver spokes) Industry nine hubs (blue)

I just swap to regular Kenda tubes i weigh like 140lbs soaking wet so im in no need for DH tubes and the tires that come staock are surprisingly light so i'll try them out
Sounds like an awesome build you got planned look forward to seeing it

FL
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 13:09 Quote
strider wrote:
i-race-downhill wrote:

Race Wheelset: Silver mavic 721(blue nipples, silver spokes) Industry nine hubs (blue)

I just swap to regular Kenda tubes i weigh like 140lbs soaking wet so im in no need for DH tubes and the tires that come staock are surprisingly light so i'll try them out
Sounds like an awesome build you got planned look forward to seeing it
Thanks, Ya I am really stoked about the bike. And you got yourself a nice build coming together to what does it weigh now.

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 13:14 Quote
Sorry man Weighs 36.50lbs
More to come

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
strider wrote:
More to come

Those Michelins hots are about 950g each, yes they are light, no they don't grip anything. Your going to gain a little in tires, I reckon.

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
maestroforlife wrote:
strider wrote:
More to come

Those Michelins hots are about 950g each, yes they are light, no they don't grip anything. Your going to gain a little in tires, I reckon.
Thats what i have been hearing, There may be a new wheel set on here before summer fires up again + tires

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 16:25 Quote
strider wrote:
maestroforlife wrote:
strider wrote:
More to come

Thats what i have been hearing, There may be a new wheel set on here before summer fires up again + tires

Try to balance it out a bit, good plan. I figure you need to find 500grams. Durace 11-21 cassette, Stans Flow rims...right there you have about 300grams. Ti spring would probably do it. Could weigh some hubs too. I know the e-13 chain guide is about 40grams ligther then the MRP. And those 26 pedals are hella light. Other then that your close to tapped at least for a durable/sensible build.

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 16:48 Quote
Wow,
Probibly my fav. bike on this site!
Great upgrades/build.
The straitline looks nice
Drool

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 17:30 Quote
That looks unreal. I can't wait for mine to come in so I can start building!

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
maestroforlife wrote:
strider wrote:
maestroforlife wrote:

Try to balance it out a bit, good plan. I figure you need to find 500grams. Durace 11-21 cassette, Stans Flow rims...right there you have about 300grams. Ti spring would probably do it. Could weigh some hubs too. I know the e-13 chain guide is about 40grams ligther then the MRP. And those 26 pedals are hella light. Other then that your close to tapped at least for a durable/sensible build.

I have not looked into to the Stans flow rims? I could pull Total racer and take off the top 3 cogs and throw down a spacer but that might be a bit much. I think a big thing with the wheels will be the spokes going to a triple butted spoke which would help again with rotation weight. The stuff from easton will help abit and prove better for the bike. Unfortunately the Giant Contact seatpost though makes the bike look good the retention (the clamp that clamps the seat rails) barely works properly hopefully its just a problem with my post but i will need to address the problem. The E thirteen is lighter but the problem is when the suspension is active(moving) it hits the guide so u have to space out the guide. I work as a machinist part time so i'm trying to construct a nice carbon boomerang and use the taco from the ethirteen but see how much time i have on top of my other projects. I do like those 26 pedals but as bad as it sounds the straitlines look to good to take off. Its super important to me to keep the bike functional/ reliable cause i wont have a full pit crew or second bike to grab if somthing fails hence the no Rockshox (fixed way to many of those this year)

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 19:55 Quote
strider wrote:
maestroforlife wrote:
strider wrote:

I have not looked into to the Stans flow rims? I could pull Total racer and take off the top 3 cogs and throw down a spacer but that might be a bit much. I think a big thing with the wheels will be the spokes going to a triple butted spoke which would help again with rotation weight. The stuff from easton will help abit and prove better for the bike. Unfortunately the Giant Contact seatpost though makes the bike look good the retention (the clamp that clamps the seat rails) barely works properly hopefully its just a problem with my post but i will need to address the problem. The E thirteen is lighter but the problem is when the suspension is active(moving) it hits the guide so u have to space out the guide. I work as a machinist part time so i'm trying to construct a nice carbon boomerang and use the taco from the ethirteen but see how much time i have on top of my other projects. I do like those 26 pedals but as bad as it sounds the straitlines look to good to take off. Its super important to me to keep the bike functional/ reliable cause i wont have a full pit crew or second bike to grab if somthing fails hence the no Rockshox (fixed way to many of those this year)

The Stans flow rim with DB spokes would be enough. Does the frame hit with the new LG1+ I have not heard this. Otherwise, good logic all around. Yes Fox are so much better the the Rockshox, totally ageee there. As for the contact post. Yours is slipping? I thought they had fixed that, maybe they didn't catch it in time and will deal with it over time.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.064240
Mobile Version of Website