Any Regrets about your bike?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 3:20 Quote
i wanna here about any regrets youve had since buying your bike
eg. frame breaks, fork problems, bad components, complete rip off buy
post photos if you have any
can be any bike

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 4:17 Quote
maybe i should have got a smaller frame, its a large and i think a medium wouold have been a bit better, but the large is ok =]

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 4:22 Quote
i like everything on my bike except the cranks, FSA doesn't know what they are doing when it comes to cranks. constantly they come loose even with tons of locktite. i have had the crank arm come off while riding, they still flex even though they weigh a ton and the BB always wants to creak.

photo

oh well i will get Saints over the winter.

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 4:23 Quote
I wish i hadn't bought this:

photo

it's a Cotic Hemlock, awesome handling, made of cheese.

Odin, are you sure you want saint cranks? - they weigh half a tonne, and your Wilson will turn the mountain into a magic carpet ride, you could run something a lot lighter...

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 4:24 Quote
that must suck heaps

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 4:25 Quote
I regret buying a cheap reducer headset for my DH bike, now i have to spend more moeny to replace it when i should have just bought a good one in the first place.

In a way i sort of regret buying my Max Max, i have already spent around 150 on it and its still heavy. I should have just saved up and bought a second hand bike off here or ebay which was light and had a great parts list.

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 4:33 Quote
My cranks!!!!!! They have caused me nothing but problems. *makes mental note NOT to buy anything with Truvativ blaze cranks*

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 4:45 Quote
fire eye dh stem.

the threads had been tapped into the alloy body of the stem without any sort of re-inforcing, so any time you loosened it off it would tear the threads to pieces and was rendered useless after about 2 months.

ive got an Easton Vice now and am very happy.

Bontrager Freeride 2.3 Earl Tyres. stay away from theses. they are the worst tyres in the world. that includes Tioga's Dh tyres too. theyre that bad.

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 5:49 Quote
Code Brakes (until they are fixed that is).

I bought them because I needed a more powerful brake. I'm heavy at 220lbs and had hayes nines on before. The rear brake vibrates the whole bike when applied. I looked and the caliper appears to have some issues. One pad seems to be moving the wrong way. Any suggestions on the situation would be great since I don't really want to buy a new one. Thanks.

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 7:29 Quote
I had 2008 Norco A-line before.. only issue was the Code 5 brakes needed to be bleed several times.. and I only owned that bike for a year. I also know the new owner had them done at least once already too....

Now I have a 2009 Norco Team-DH.. no problems.. My only regret is being stupid with my bike rack which causes a decent sized scratch on the top tube or w/e its called.

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 8:15 Quote
My whole bike.

I don't have any friends that ride the type of riding i do in town. My bike has only seen 4 rides in 2009. DH is not for me anymore.

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 8:56 Quote
Buying my GT complete and then less then a year later replacing every part on it!

Mod
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 8:58 Quote
Avid Juicy 7's were the worst part that I have ever invested in. Complete waste of money.

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 9:12 Quote
t3rr1 wrote:
Avid Juicy 7's were the worst part that I have ever invested in. Complete waste of money.
i rode my friends and didnt like them at all

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 9:22 Quote
lewdelaney wrote:
t3rr1 wrote:
i rode my friends and didnt like them at all

That's weird, I really like mine. They pull smooth and have plenty of power. My only complaint is that they tend to be loud.

My regret is my pedals. I bought some generic sh*t platforms and they suck rocks. I'm going to get some Atomlab Pimplites when I get the money.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011347
Mobile Version of Website