Powered by Outside

Marzocchi, Fox, Rockshox, Manitou.... Which one do you recomend

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Marzocchi, Fox, Rockshox, Manitou.... Which one do you recomend
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 13:17 Quote
Hey give me ur opinion on any good fork. it can be freeride, dj'n anything.

post up your fav forks.

if you had a fork that went crap on you tell about it.

pc

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 13:20 Quote
i love marzocchi and manitou but i blew my drop off 4 and its a peace of crap but my new 66 is sweet

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 13:24 Quote
Manitou: never a problem #1,
Rockshox i like but some have problems #2
Fox i have never tried but my rear vanilla RC isnt working properly and ya #3

Marzocchi is way down my list at #20 cause everyone i have tried is a piece. they all have problems. Some people get the good ones so codsider yourself lucky if you do.

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 13:26 Quote
mrstp wrote:
Manitou: never a problem #1,
Rockshox i like but some have problems #2
Fox i have never tried but my rear vanilla RC isnt working properly and ya #4

Marzocchi is way down my list at #20 cause everyone i have tried is a piece. they all have problems. Some people get the good ones so codsider yourself lucky if you do.
wats ur #3?

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 13:29 Quote
Loving the new Rockshox line. After Sram took over, they've been on top of their game, and IMO on top of the competition. My 05 Boxxer WC was pretty shitty, but my 06 Team and 07 WC are unbelievably amazing...Rock Shox whoop the comp!Whip

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 14:07 Quote
I agree, Rock Shox's been dialed for awhile, but I also like Manitou's also. I never had problems with them (except for the stance long ago)Marzocchi I havent had enough time to ride one, except for a jr T

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 14:13 Quote
I would say that Marz have the best reputation and it's for good reason although I bought some Rockshox Domain 318 U-turns in January and I'm absolutely loving them. I know a guy with Totems and they seem very nice aswell. The new range of single crowns is very very nice and boxxers have always been renouned Big Grin I understand that Sram had a wobbly year with boxxers when they took over though but its all ironed out now apparently.

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 14:19 Quote
i dont like the way that the fox's feel personally(not progressive enough near the end of the travel). I love the domain U-Turn cuz you can take it out free-riding turn the travel down and DJ like a champ. I also love my 66RC2x... Never had good luck with manitou other than TPC dampened forks. Marzocchi has definitely been the most reliable fork (as far as their nicer forks are concerned) that I have seen.

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 14:43 Quote
Im lovin my my 07 Fox Vanilla RLC. So far its held up nicly, but every so often i let someone ride it, and they screw with the lockout.Thumbs Down . But after a while its normal again. And the people that have ridin my bike say its super smooth.2 cents

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 14:57 Quote
well, this is an opinion thread, so with nothing but personal experience, my lineup...

Marzocchi has always been good for me; strong, reliable, and very smooth. I know they have had issues with their air system lately, but so has everyone. their coil stuff is amazingly robust in my experiences. The new rocksox stuff does seem good, a definite improvement over a few years ago. i dont think it has been long enough to have a clear answer to how their products hold up, as some of them have been pretty sketchy. Manitou has a name for making crap, and to be honest, any spv suspension is... my swinger 4-way cannot even begin to compare to the dhx. manitous best stuff is still using the tpc+ and intrinsic, tpc is very old and simplistic, intrinsic is newer, but still simplistic. for that reason they are reasonably reliable, reasonably decent feeling, and a reasonable weight. but nothing fantastic. Fox takes the cake for shocks, they managed to make a suspension platform that doesnt ruin small bump compliance and maintain a decent price. their forks on the other hand, are very overpriced in comparison to the competition. they are very well made, and feel great, but they are very complicated and as such not as reliable as some other products.

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 15:07 Quote
emubritish wrote:
well, this is an opinion thread, so with nothing but personal experience, my lineup...

Marzocchi has always been good for me; strong, reliable, and very smooth. I know they have had issues with their air system lately, but so has everyone. their coil stuff is amazingly robust in my experiences. The new rocksox stuff does seem good, a definite improvement over a few years ago. i dont think it has been long enough to have a clear answer to how their products hold up, as some of them have been pretty sketchy. Manitou has a name for making crap, and to be honest, any spv suspension is... my swinger 4-way cannot even begin to compare to the dhx. manitous best stuff is still using the tpc+ and intrinsic, tpc is very old and simplistic, intrinsic is newer, but still simplistic. for that reason they are reasonably reliable, reasonably decent feeling, and a reasonable weight. but nothing fantastic. Fox takes the cake for shocks, they managed to make a suspension platform that doesnt ruin small bump compliance and maintain a decent price. their forks on the other hand, are very overpriced in comparison to the competition. they are very well made, and feel great, but they are very complicated and as such not as reliable as some other products.

so which one do you think is the best?

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 15:08 Quote
fox 36 van
DJ2
argyle 318 409
fox 36 talas
pike
DJ1
fox 32 van
domain
totegold label

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 15:12 Quote
Anything but manitou is nice, id probly go rock shox, im riding em, and they're sick.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010286
Mobile Version of Website