Powered by Outside

Steeze the Day Jam, June 5th, South Surrey, BC

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Steeze the Day Jam, June 5th, South Surrey, BC
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 23:34 Quote
Well, I'm putting on another jam in Surrey, BC. Though, I want more ideas on what I can add to it compared to last year. It'll be the same format as last year as well. It'll still be both BMX/MTB too. It's in May, on the 29th to be exact. Getting sponsors will be no problem too, and I already have a few lined up if I was to do another.

I want your ideas on how I can make it better compared to the one last year.
This year it will be at South Surrey, again. Oh, even if you don't live around here and won't go, I still want your ideas. I am also thinking about trying to get shirts made up, if I can get a reasonable price, or even free as a sponsor.

I want this jam to be not only put on by me, but put on by YOU, the riders, which I would need YOUR ideas to help make this a successful event that is enjoyable by everyone. Also, if any company see's this, and would like to sponsor it, feel free to PM me!

Thanks,
Ryan.

Oh thanks to Scott(Truffles on here), for the name!

photo

Sponsors:
photo
Haro
photo
Premium
photo
Ogio
photo
United
photo
SNAFU
photo
OneGhost Industries
photo
Deity
photo
Hayes
photo
Lavan Apparel
photo
Pinkbike.com
photo
Norco
photo
Macneil BMX
photo
City of Surrey
photo
Transition Bikes
photo
Terrible One
photo
POW Gloves
photo
RedBull
photo
Brodie
photo
Kink
photo
Profile Racing

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 23:37 Quote
James and I have come up with a few mini compss that will happen in between, during and after each run. The ones that we have are: Most Stylish Rider, Longest Manual, Longest Skid, High Air, and Unique Trick.

The MTB/BMX classes will not be divided, even though some of you want that. It'll make the day go to long, even more so now with these mini comps added.

With that, give me some other ideas and float me ideas of who you would like to see sponsor it as well, even though I have already contacted a bunch of companies already.

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 23:41 Quote
My idea: change the name

Jammin

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 23:44 Quote
iggz wrote:
My idea: change the name

Jammin

I'm not changing the name. We've settled on this one that is in use.

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 23:52 Quote
wet t shirt contest.

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 23:53 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
wet t shirt contest.
best idea, thread over.

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 23:59 Quote
food... sell it cheap give riders a meal ticket

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 0:03 Quote
j-peters wrote:
food... sell it cheap give riders a meal ticket

Food is always sold there, and is sold by the City of Surrey who is an event sponsor of this as they also supply the DJ too.

Mod
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 0:57 Quote
Trophies made from old bike bits always go down well.

Get some helmets signed for prizes.

Mini comps: Pinkest Bike, Best/most inspiring Grom, Best Mullet, Longest Fakie, Riders Award (reason (eg originality, generosity contribution to the sport etc), nominations etc decided by riders), Spectator Award (same premise), Fancy Dress, Best Bail......

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 0:59 Quote
set up a thing like sram did at crankworx a few years ago, head to head speed trials on 16 inch bikes.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 2:09 Quote
Haha got an idea after the runs a scooter game of horse or biking whatever floats your boat it's just that the park is so good for scooters it would seem insane not to have a little comp

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 2:13 Quote
o and maybe donate some of the money to the local bike park i talked to the city and there willing to put up a few mulch jumps if we can fund some of it.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 7:36 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
wet t shirt contest.

This needed to be quoted once more.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 8:32 Quote
Dual Stunt or Obstacle Course with timing...........

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023026
Mobile Version of Website