That's it, tell my if lyou love this bike or not and why
Thanks

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 11:27 Quote
i dont like it because sam hill doesnt ride it

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 12:52 Quote
stryke wrote:
i dont like it because sam hill doesnt ride it

nice!!!
but can I have more precise detail please?
Control,suspension, problem, etc...

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 13:06 Quote
from what ive heard from people who own them they dont seem to be the most durable bike for the price

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 13:23 Quote
ride like sex.. last like condoms... good for one use then you gotta through it away and get a new one

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 13:26 Quote
norcorider121 wrote:
ride like sex.. last like condoms... good for one use then you gotta through it away and get a new one

baby found that funny.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://happyshelly.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/laughter.jpg

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 16:05 Quote
please guy can you be serious,
i will maybe purchase this frame in the next fay, and i want to know if its a good thing to do or not

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
fredou wrote:
please guy can you be serious,
i will maybe purchase this frame in the next fay, and i want to know if its a good thing to do or not

nothing wrong with him putting a bit of a comical twist on it but in all seriousness from ive seen and heard from people in the know ,if you plan on riding it more then a couple years you might want to look around at a more durable frame

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 16:29 Quote
Dont listen to anyone who doesnt own one of these. We all saw the pics of one frame break and ever since then everybody just assumes that all of them are weak like this

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 16:42 Quote
i also happen to know a handfull of people that own them and they all have dents in there downtube

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 4:35 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
i also happen to know a handfull of people that own them and they all have dents in there downtube

agreed muttley had one and it dented easily,for 2010 they have solved the problem or so they say.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
Agreed.
There were a few people who dented them, and it became a stupid new subject that people loved to gossip about in forums.
A real opinion (from someone who owns one) is very positive. Really nice geometry, and the bike never feels out of its depth (for 99.9% of riders). Nice low BB, and a wheelbase that feels really stable at high speed, but somehow isnt sluggish in slower tech stuff.
When i first rode it, i didnt feel that comfortable on it, but after a few runs, you get used to the massive amounts of grip that it has. The frame is also pretty light...something like 9.8 lb? Full stock bike something like 37, which you can really feel in terms of line choice, changing line mid way etc..
Lastly, it has a really nice "pop" out of corners, and feels super comfortable in the air. Previous bikes i have ridden long term are Stinky and Glory. I have ridden 2 weeks in Whistler, as well as the rest of the summer and now winter.

One bad thing so far which i hate, it has a super bendy derailleur hanger...went through 3 in two weeks.

photo

And just so you know...my opinion is from actually riding my bike
photo

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 12:10 Quote
its actually an awesome bike (ride performance) with great suspension and great geometry

BUT...I just wish Trek had made the tubes a little thicker

compared to many other DH bikes out there, the Session 88 (and the Remedy All-Mtn) do tend to dent a little too easily for the harsh world of mountain biking

this is not forum BS, I have seen this first hand, I know 3 guys riding Remedys and 2 guys with Sessions, all have dented their frames, one guy with the Session ruined the front triangle in a minor crash and was quoted a "crash replacement" price of £1200 by Trek UK (you could pick up a Demo 8 frame with shock for that during 2009)

another guy folded his Remedy riding down a steep and then a step-up, but unfortunately creased the top tube / down tubes behind the head tube junction, and bent the Fox fork steerer - it was cheaper to buy a new bike (he got a Specialized Enduro SL in a sale) than replace the front triangle under "crash replacement" (was quoted £900 by Trek UK) and the Fox 36 CSU

they are sexy looking bikes, and ride well, but I would buy one from a Trek dealer you have a good relationship with, so you can sort out replacement frame parts at an affordable price if / when you dent or bend yours!

btw, there is no difference in the tubeset between 2009 and 2010 Session 88

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 12:51 Quote
Point taken. I have so far had no issues, and a local team which i ride with who are all on this frame (all 5 of them) have had no problems either. These people arent taking it easy either, they are winning national downhill series.

hampsteadbandit...I agree that there appears to be some kind of weakness in relation to the thickness of some areas of the tubing, to be honest thats pretty crazy that they have all dented their frames...i believe what you are saying, but how are they denting them? Nasty stuff happening on ladder bridges, because if that is the case then it is more understandable.

But again, as you said...amazing ride performance.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 12:52 Quote
adrenalinejunkie11 wrote:
Point taken. I have so far had no issues, and a local team which i ride with who are all on this frame (all 5 of them) have had no problems either. These people arent taking it easy either, they are winning national downhill series.

hampsteadbandit...I agree that there appears to be some kind of weakness in relation to the thickness of some areas of the tubing, to be honest thats pretty crazy that they have all dented their frames...i believe what you are saying, but how are they denting them? Nasty stuff happening on ladder bridges, because if that is the case then it is more understandable.

rocks/stones getting flung up from the front tyre.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013653
Mobile Version of Website