Powered by Outside

Vexx?

• Previous Page
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 15:57 Quote
Hey Guys ,What do you Think of the Sette Vexx Frame ? , i can't find any reviews on it. I was just wondering is it good and good value , or is it cheap for a reason ? But keep an open mind just because its not the price of an orange or trek frame. I am pretty impressed with the 5 year warranty aswell.

Specs:

Material 6061 Aluminum
Welding Tig Welded, Monocoque Top Tube Construction, CNC'd Linkage
Rear Suspension Travel 8.5"/215mm
Recommended Suspension Fork Travel 200mm
Headset 1.5" Threadless
Front Derailleur N/A
Max Rear Tire Clearance 2.5"
Bottom Bracket 83mm
Max Rear Tire Clearance 2.5"
Seatpost Size 31.6mm
Seat Clamp Size 34.9mm
Disc Mount IS Standard
Shock Type Rock Shox Vivid 4.1
Shock Length (eye-to-eye) 9.5"/240mm
Shock Stroke 3"
Damping External ending stroke rebound, beginning stroke rebound
Available Sizes Small, Medium
Color(s) Matte Black
Weight 12.25lbs/5556g (including Shock w/Spring, Seat Collar and Rear Axle, Avg. Small)
Warranty 5 Years

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.setteusa.com/images/new_sette_frames/vexx_frame.jpg

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 18:59 Quote
I don't like it. Sette just bought a bunch of premade frames from taiwan and slapped their name on it. If you're thinking about getting it, there are like 5 other bikes that are identical, you should check if any of them are cheaper.

Edit: Got one. Ferazzi Widow's peak. check for reviews on it, its the same frame.

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 21:34 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
I don't like it. Sette just bought a bunch of premade frames from taiwan and slapped their name on it. If you're thinking about getting it, there are like 5 other bikes that are identical, you should check if any of them are cheaper.

Edit: Got one. Ferazzi Widow's peak. check for reviews on it, its the same frame.

The Sette is the cheapest you can buy. The source company for these frames is Astro Engineering, but unless you can find a direct carrier of Astro bikes, I doubt you'll beat the Sette on price.

GoxBoxSocks, the Fezzari (not Ferazzi) only sells as a complete for $4400, so not exactly cheaper.

Premade Taiwan frames are not necessarily bad. Would a Sunday, V10 or M6 be bad, purely because it was made by two different companies? Nope. The geometry and ride is what will make the bike bad, not the name slapped on the side, or country of origin.

OP, it seems to be a good bike. I've seen a few people around the net with them, they all seem to be happy. Also seen a guy on here with the Fezzari, he said he loved the frame. THE ONLY PROBLEM I can see, is the relatively steep head tube angle of 66 degrees, but this can be fixed thanks to the 1.5 headtube and those angle-reducing headset cups.

Just my 2 cents

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 16:42 Quote
I don't have a problem with how they ride, I just don't like them. I would want a bike you don't see everyday.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 16:47 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
I don't have a problem with how they ride, I just don't like them. I would want a bike you don't see everyday.

I have never seen a Sette Vexx, or Fezzari Widows Peak, or an Astro or that frame under any name in real life. How many have you seen?

I see Sundays almost more than Stinkys these days, but I still love Sundays. I don't like Stinkys, but that has absolutely nothing to do with their frequency.

OP, disregard GoxBoxSocks. He obviously has no real advice, he just dislikes the Vexx because it doesn't have a big ol' brand name or a big ol' pricetag.

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 17:58 Quote
If you haven't noticed we live in different country's. I don't see Iron Horses. I see Norcos. And the brand has nothing to do with it, we were talking about the frame. And now that we ARE talking about brands, I dislike Sette because they are too lazy to design their own frame.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 19:21 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
If you haven't noticed we live in different country's. I don't see Iron Horses. I see Norcos. And the brand has nothing to do with it, we were talking about the frame. And now that we ARE talking about brands, I dislike Sette because they are too lazy to design their own frame.

You've said absolutely nothing about the frame.

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 20:29 Quote
I've said how it's exactly the same as a lot of other frames... sure I haven't said anything about the geo and the quality but I still have been talking about the frame

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 20:40 Quote
Seems like a decent frame for cheap. Although the steep head angle might mean the BB is super high. Might not be the "optimal" DH rig. But for the price you can outfit it with nice components, ride it and see if you like it.

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 20:44 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
that's cuz you don't go ou enough at downhill resorts, I also live in canada and I KNOW 2 people that have a sunday and when I go to bromont or Mt St-Anne I see almost as many IH as I see norcos out there. and FYI, a company is supposed to make cash, what is wrong if they get a frame someone else and sell it as their own for a cheaper price, almost every company do/did it... there's also another well known company that sells that frame(can't remember which one...) and I've met a guy at bromont that owned one and had a little chat with him since I was interseted in buyin one at the beginning of 09, he said he like alot the frame.

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 21:15 Quote
Oregon is closer to me than Quebec. My teacher is the only person i know who rides Iron Horse. And yeah i go up to mount washington, norcos and rocky mountians

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 21:34 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
Oregon is closer to me than Quebec. My teacher is the only person i know who rides Iron Horse. And yeah i go up to mount washington, norcos and rocky mountians
then why the hell did you had to say that you lived in another country if you ride in the USA? you're definatly talking your ass out...if you don't have anything to say about the frame other than: I don't like it because it's a catalog frame then GTFO... what ever you'll say from now I wont respond

DH-Til-I-Die: this is a really decent frame for the price, I've only seen ONE with my own eyes like that(diff company tho) and the owner only said good things about it, if I wasn't a poor student as I am I'ld get one as previously said... and as corsair711 said you can get angle reducing headset cups if you want a slacker head angle which is a pros with the 1.5 headtube!.

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 at 4:10 Quote
Cheers people , i might get it , because i can get the angel ruduce set for trade price not retail price , and can just get a more expensive frame later on in my life Big Grin

FL
Posted: Jan 8, 2010 at 4:23 Quote
DH-Til-I-Die wrote:
Cheers people , i might get it , because i can get the angel ruduce set for trade price not retail price , and can just get a more expensive frame later on in my life Big Grin

photo
photo

same as mine and i love my one Big Grin

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 at 5:12 Quote
That is sick lol !

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015585
Mobile Version of Website