Powered by Outside

What short travel freeride bike should i get

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What short travel freeride bike should i get
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 14:15 Quote
hi im looking for a second hand short travel free ride bike thats not bad in the air and fairly good in the rough.Any suggestions money isn't that much of a problem thanks to EMA. I do like the wildcard banshee so something like that thanksSmile

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 14:34 Quote
sx trail/kona stinky/kona coiler/commencial mini dh/kona bass/marin/mongoose
hope some of them help Big Grin

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 9:49 Quote
Transition Bottlerocket

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 12:22 Quote
I do like the wildcard banshee so something like that thanks

Wildcard and Bottlerocket are both mid travel freeride frames, designed around 160-180mm single crown forks

if you want short travel freeride frames from those two brands (designed to take 100mm-140mm forks), look at the Rampant (Mythic / Banshee) and Double (Transition)

its doubtful you'd find one second hand, they are pretty rare even to buy new...

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 16:19 Quote
yer i love the bottle rocket but pretty much out of my budget at the moment.The bnshee looks great but your right about being hard to find

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 16:45 Quote
faith1rider wrote:
scott voltage fr.

seconded, though they're not cheap...

corsair konig is a sick frame, i've seen them go for 775-900 used

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 17:46 Quote
[/Quote]

seconded, though they're not cheap...

corsair konig is a sick frame, i've seen them go for 775-900 used[/Quote]

Not cheap... I think they have pretty good prices.

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 17:48 Quote
They aren't that rare over here. You could always talk to someone about shipping.
If they are willing to ship a bike across the pond then you'll have no problem finding one.

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 18:33 Quote
shame you dont live in NZ, I'll be selling my Wildcard as soon as I can afford to replace the rear rim and bars (as they're smashed) so its a complete [sellable] bike again...

Why not look into getting a Kona Bass, they sell very cheaply if you look for last years model, you won't get better value

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 11:40 Quote
yer i like the bass and i can get them fairly cheep i quite like the shipping idea because they are fairly cheap and available over there. What are people opinions on the intense slopestyle because i think the spec is pretty good.

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 12:05 Quote
noni310 wrote:
yer i like the bass and i can get them fairly cheep i quite like the shipping idea because they are fairly cheap and available over there. What are people opinions on the intense slopestyle because i think the spec is pretty good.

nevermind on what i said before, misread the OP...

looks like a good frame, think i heard something about the rear end flexing though...

What amount of travel are you looking for, i mean, you said low travel fr, but that could mean anything from 4 to six inches

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 12:13 Quote
What are people opinions on the intense slopestyle because i think the spec is pretty good.

the name is misleading, its not actually a "slopestyle" bike but a mid travel - long travel freeride bike (it sits between the 2 classes)

I've ridden the Intense SS, its a reasonable pedaller for its size, but expensive and a bit flexible in the rear compared to many frames

short travel really means anything under 4.5" (banshee rampant, transition double, kona bass, specialized SX)

once you go over that its mid travel 5" to 6" (banshee wildcard, transition bottlerocket)

and then long travel upwards from that...which includes DH bikes as well as bigger freeride bikes like Big Hits, Demos, Kona Stinkys

as an example, the Specialized SX Trail is actually classed as a long travel bike at 7"

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 14:34 Quote
im looking at between 4 or 5 inch travel because im looking to dj with it more than really hammering it downhill but I want a bit of travel so I can hit smooth berm style downhill and do a bit of free riding.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012845
Mobile Version of Website