Powered by Outside

Best out of the store DH bike in these choices

PB Forum :: Downhill
Best out of the store DH bike in these choices
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 17:36 Quote
I sold my Knox Cry so I'm looking for a new rig. This time one that the dealer is more local. Who could it be? GT Fury, Giant Glory 00, Trek Session 88, Specialized Demo 8, or a Yeti 303RDH? Witch one has the the best advantages right out of the store?

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 17:52 Quote
Heres a fellow minnesotan answering and I would say the Yeti especially if you are riding the red wing courses b/c the bike is meant for smoother courses

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 20:25 Quote
PureSweetness wrote:
I sold my Knox Cry so I'm looking for a new rig. This time one that the dealer is more local. Who could it be? GT Fury, Giant Glory 00, Trek Session 88, Specialized Demo 8, or a Yeti 303RDH? Witch one has the the best advantages right out of the store?

These bikes are all junk. What other choices you got?

Seriously, all of those bikes have been proven as really capable, and they all come with great specs, so it's going to come to personal preference on your part.

I'd say find a good local shop that knows DH and check into their brands. It's unlikely you'll go wrong with any of the bikes above.

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 20:41 Quote
your number 1 mistake is asking for quality advice on pinkbike.
truthfully, you will be happy with any bike of that caliber, as long as it is the right size, and you get it dialed in correctly.

Posted: Mar 8, 2010 at 10:54 Quote
GT fury!

But if the shop has all these bikes, try them out and see how they feel. You prob cant take them all down a trail, but you will be able to tell some from a ride around the block.

Posted: Mar 8, 2010 at 18:48 Quote
The Trek Session 88 is an amazing ride. Light, and soaks everything up reaaalll nice. Hit that up

Posted: Mar 8, 2010 at 18:52 Quote
giant glory is the only way to go

Posted: Mar 8, 2010 at 20:26 Quote
thechad09 wrote:
evil revolt
ive heard good and bad about those. i dont know what to think

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 12:47 Quote
If you can manage to see all the bikes built in person, then whichever gives you that instant wow i want that, theyre all a brilliant spec, will all ride differently but you can adapt to it obviously i went from multi pivot to single back to multi just because a bike was ricidulous value, i just adapted.

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 17:57 Quote
Based on my opinion, I would go with the Trek.

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 12:05 Quote
they are all lush bikes but it depends on what type of riding you do, the yeti is only made for pure DH racing, and apparently wont hold up to well if your freeriding, but if you freeride and downhill i would go with either the glory or the trek. the trek being an incredibly light DH bike will dent quite easily due to it being made out of quite thin ally. but the glory is a proven DH race bike and a awesome freeride rig so i say t all depends on the type of riding you will use it for

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 12:49 Quote
2010 Specialized Demo 8 II

why?

proven suspension, awesome frame build quality, great value for money on the complete and SOLID warranty backup from Specialized (lifetime on frame...)

and there is some guy called "sam...something" riding them, seems to do ok on the Demo 8? Wink

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 17:08 Quote
I picked up an (A-spec) GT Fury a couple days ago and it's awesome! All Shimano Saint components, and only 40lbs! Can't wait to let it shred. Thanks guy's. Smile

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020880
Mobile Version of Website