Powered by Outside

Video feedback

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
Video feedback
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 15, 2010 at 16:31 Quote
Hey I was wondering if anyone had any feedback for the video I put up just today. The video came out better than I thought. I haven't had too much experience with video since I've just been into photography for the last couple years. Any feedback for improving this video or future video would be appreciated. I really would like to make this a regular hobby. I'm guessing that the more I do video the easier it will be to put it together. Also I could have played around with timing more and the sound of the wind sort of took away from the music i think but i'm really happy with the video and I want to make more especially in rock climbing since thats my deal.

Here is the video: https://www.pinkbike.com/video/127149/

Posted: Mar 15, 2010 at 19:36 Quote
barple wrote:
Hey I was wondering if anyone had any feedback for the video I put up just today. The video came out better than I thought. I haven't had too much experience with video since I've just been into photography for the last couple years. Any feedback for improving this video or future video would be appreciated. I really would like to make this a regular hobby. I'm guessing that the more I do video the easier it will be to put it together. Also I could have played around with timing more and the sound of the wind sort of took away from the music i think but i'm really happy with the video and I want to make more especially in rock climbing since thats my deal.

Here is the video: https://www.pinkbike.com/video//
Views: 2,607    Faves: 96    Comments: 44
Smile

Posted: Mar 16, 2010 at 10:21 Quote
thanks for embedding the video for me

Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 19:47 Quote
Wow, that was insanely clear and focused. What camera and lens? Great editing too.

Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 19:47 Quote
good job! Salute
whats the song at 1:50??
my only suggestion/tip is > chicks in bikinis for the next vid

Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 19:48 Quote
mtblocos1 wrote:
good job! Salute
Seventeen years by Ratatat

Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 19:54 Quote
the video looks great your right on the wind though. I also am new to filmin and editing and a main tip I was told was to use a tripod as much as possible, just try to use it on every shot, but your video is great.

Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 20:00 Quote
norcofreerider8 wrote:
mtblocos1 wrote:
good job! Salute
Seventeen years by Ratatat

thanks, its a catchy little tune...

FL
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 20:04 Quote
Dude! Super sick video!
That place looks so sick!
I need to get up there

Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 20:12 Quote
Thats gonna get VOD! wind noise can be fixed by covering the mic with tape, or a bit of foam

Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 20:12 Quote
nice takes!
good edit!

Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 20:17 Quote
great shots, camera work, editing skills.

this video is to a quality that some cannot achieve after months or even years of video making so to do this on your first one is outstanding

great work & effort i would definitly keep doing this if i were you

V.O.D worthy too, well doneSalute

Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 20:21 Quote
Bonz0 wrote:
great shots, camera work, editing skills.

this video is to a quality that some cannot achieve after months or even years of video making so to do this on your first one is outstanding

great work & effort i would definitly keep doing this if i were you

V.O.D worthy too, well doneSalute
agreed 110%

oh and build one of these steadycams it really helps with steadying the shot (if required)

what also works well is a 1/4" x 20 eye bolt and nut screwed into the tripod mount. attach some surgical tubing and step on it so that when holding the camera, it's pulling down slightly on the camera

Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 20:55 Quote
DOF is nice, but definitely try to make better use of the tripod

Also consider getting some better audio equipment the built-in mic on the 5DII is pretty bad

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2010 at 21:16 Quote
I really want to get a 7d to start doing some video work... ohe of the main issues with doing video on an slr is the focusing. doing it smoothly is tough. there are plenty of rail setups to make the focusing easier on a separate knob. and then you can place it on your shoulder for more stability. great video though. those guys were rippin.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011412
Mobile Version of Website