Powered by Outside

Intel vs amd

• Previous Page
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 18:10 Quote
so amd's new 6 core processor is finally here! woooo very stoked about this, 3.2 per core, 9 cache, selling for $340 from my findings. seems to be just topping off the intel i7 980x, for a fraction of the price.

just wondering what you guys prefer, Intel or AMD?

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 14:50 Quote
I've always enjoyed working with Intel processors. The overall architechture of the chip is somewhat overcomplicated, but it insures for a long life chip and higher efficiency under different processes. I can understand why some people prefer AMD since CPU technology is going through the roof and offers you a chance to significantly upgrade your processor every two years or so. When you compare the Intel vs. AMD pricing it's kinda hard to not think about getting an AMD. But I'm not one for upgrading every 2 years. I tend to stretch my PC to about 5years. Right now I have an intel i7 950 overclocked to 4.2Ghz on water and it runs marvelously at 74C at 100% load through Lynx and Intel Burn test.

Posted: May 1, 2010 at 9:43 Quote
I prefer AMD since im not a hardcore enthusiast, just a curious enthusiast with little money to spend and when i was shopping i was amazed by AMD's price > performance ratio, also the one i purchased i knew i could upgrade to a quad core if i wanted easily since i had the right socket.

Posted: May 1, 2010 at 16:47 Quote
I dont really care. They both work fine, aha. But Intel cause the packaging and logo looks cool Rolleyes .

Posted: May 3, 2010 at 6:16 Quote
im not to familiar with hardware, but in my opinion, intel is superior in multi-core processing and AMD is superior in single-core processing

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 18:56 Quote
Amd>intel right now. Hex core for barely more than an i5? f*ck YEAR.

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 21:44 Quote
Well I like both. And would honestly have to extremely scrutinize all the performance charts to really be able to decide. Now after having said that:

When you look at most benchmarks, even Intel is still slightly topping them. Now before you bash me; The hex cores right now can't topple intel cpu's in the same price range according to most benchmarks (bear in mind these benchmarks aren't all inclusive and some may be skewed to favor a particular CPU depending on what is run. This applies to Intel AND AMD.) I do however expect that to change once companies roll out some MOBO's that can actually utilize the hex cores to their full advantage. As far as I've seen, ASUS has put out the best AMD MOBO's on the market if you want to really max out your rig.

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 22:51 Quote
Or if you want to be cool like me they give you random bsods and shit a brick when you install a new graphics card.

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 23:01 Quote
thecollonadekid wrote:
Or if you want to be cool like me they give you random bsods and shit a brick when you install a new graphics card.

I'm confused. Are you talking about AMD CPUs, Intel CPUs, or the ASUS AMD mobos?

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 23:28 Quote
thecollonadekid wrote:
Asus in general.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I've built about 14 gaming rigs in the last year at our shop where the buyer asked for a black edition socket AM3 cpu. And the only issue I've run into is ASUS had updated the bios and some of the boards sold didn't have the updated bios to deal with the B.E. AM3 versions. Now I will admit getting around this was a bit of a pain in the ass. We had to use a different cpu, then flash the bios, then swap back in the cpu the client asked for. But other than that we've never had an issue. And before I'm called a fanboy, I'm using an i7 on my desktop right now.

Posted: May 14, 2010 at 2:11 Quote
Yeah, when I cold boot my computer bsods until I turn it off and on again.

Posted: May 15, 2010 at 0:54 Quote
thecollonadekid wrote:
Yeah, when I cold boot my computer bsods until I turn it off and on again.

You get multiple BSOD's?

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 16:31 Quote
You can't have multiple BSOD's at once guy.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018531
Mobile Version of Website