Upgrades for 2011 Kona Shred

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Upgrades for 2011 Kona Shred
Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 3:10 Quote
*The wider it is, the more stable it is, wanna know one of the reasons for the 83mm bottom bracket standard that's all the rage on new DH bikes? that's one of them. The bottom bracket on a BMX is almost always 68mm wide. That's about 3/4 of an inch SHORTER than the 83mm. Now factor in the External BB cups on many modern MTBs... in the case of my bike, that adds more than an inch to the overall width. That makes them almost 2 inches wider than the average BMX.

Infiltrator, lodigcal and what not but not 100% correct, my understanding of 83mm bb shells for for chain line purposes, with 150mm rear ends.

Also, why did kona ever stop making k9 cranks the were tank as hell but really quite beautifull.

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 3:12 Quote
connen31 wrote:
*The wider it is, the more stable it is, wanna know one of the reasons for the 83mm bottom bracket standard that's all the rage on new DH bikes? that's one of them. The bottom bracket on a BMX is almost always 68mm wide. That's about 3/4 of an inch SHORTER than the 83mm. Now factor in the External BB cups on many modern MTBs... in the case of my bike, that adds more than an inch to the overall width. That makes them almost 2 inches wider than the average BMX.

Infiltrator, lodigcal and what not but not 100% correct, my understanding of 83mm bb shells for for chain line purposes, with 150mm rear ends.

Also, why did kona ever stop making k9 cranks the were tank as hell but really quite beautifull.

Mine too,and to be honest you would be hard pushed to feel a major difference between a 73mm and 83mm shell as i can't.

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 3:16 Quote
Neither, pedal platform would make as much, if not more difference.
But theres always a company to mess with your heads, azonic makes frames with 150 rear ends and 73mm bb shells. :S

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 6:34 Quote
Then again, azonics frames suck.
edit
And you cant even get your panties in a bunch, because it is 100% true

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 7:57 Quote
Also, if you look at the deity vendetta, they actually specify that it's an mtb crank. So just because it's that style of construction dosent mean it can only be used on a bmx

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 11:14 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Also, if you look at the deity vendetta, they actually specify that it's an mtb crank. So just because it's that style of construction dosent mean it can only be used on a bmx

People naturally assume steel cranks as bmx,must be nice living under a rock.

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 13:40 Quote
my manager actually runs bmx cranks on his carbon 29er hardtail, im a huge fan of them, they fic on just about any bike and are extremely reliable

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 15:01 Quote
I need a new crank set for my demo; considering deity vendettas

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 15:12 Quote
Bar, stem, saddle and maybe peddals?

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 15:18 Quote
hanley wrote:
i might be invoking the wrath of thor for saying this but i have seen a fair bit of quiality issues with friends diety parts. you cant go wrong with profile imo

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 16:01 Quote
mgolland45 wrote:
hanley wrote:
i might be invoking the wrath of thor for saying this but i have seen a fair bit of quiality issues with friends diety parts. you cant go wrong with profile imo
I have a set and they're strong as fook, sooo Rolleyes

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 17:35 Quote
Nobble wrote:
mgolland45 wrote:
hanley wrote:
I might just get my old WTP royals

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 22:29 Quote
hanley wrote:
Nobble wrote:
mgolland45 wrote:

no way

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 22:32 Quote
coffeycake96 wrote:
hanley wrote:
Nobble wrote:

no way

you need to stop

Posted: Mar 14, 2011 at 22:46 Quote
coffeycake96 wrote:
hanley wrote:
Nobble wrote:

no way
you didnt learn did you?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012462
Mobile Version of Website