Powered by Outside

Moose Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Moose Mountain Thread
Posted: May 15, 2012 at 18:29 Quote
Was just up riding moose road is in quite terrible condition but a pickup and SUV will be ok not sure about a van (don't bring your mum to shuttle you either). Rode Race of Spades and its in great condition very little water.

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 19:08 Quote
guess ill have to wait to ride moose, our shuttle rig is a kia rondo with a rat-rack Confused

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 19:19 Quote
I've got a sierra 2500hd crew cab long box shuttle rig, probably wont be out there till next weekend (after long weekend) but will post up if I don't already have a full truck and anyone is welcome to come, just pitch for fuel and have a good time, thats all I ask!

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 20:56 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
I've got a sierra 2500hd crew cab long box shuttle rig, probably wont be out there till next weekend (after long weekend) but will post up if I don't already have a full truck and anyone is welcome to come, just pitch for fuel and have a good time, thats all I ask!

we should exchange details.

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 7:09 Quote
Good evening at moose rode toothless and Jean Guy.

Big thanks to Jerome for showing us around the trails and giving me some tips, first DH run in 10 years so I was pretty excited (and a bit sketchey!!!) Trails were way better then I ever imagined, you guys have put a lot of time and effort in and it shows. I will def be up there again and you can also count on me becoming a member and getting out for some trail building days.

Thanks Big Grin

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 8:42 Quote
Hey guys, just want to give a heads up to everyone around the city. Last night my car was stolen off the street in front of my house in Silver Springs. Its pretty recognizable, especially to mountain bikers so if you see it please call the cops. It is a Red 1998 Civic Cx hatch with a bike roof rack and a bunch of stickers that should be pretty recognizable. It has Pinkbike, MMBTS, Wipe-Out and x929 sticker on the back window as well as a bunch of other ski and bike related stickers on the side windows including Armada, Trek, Rocky Mountain, Salomon, Silver Star bike park and Wipe-Out. If you see it around please call the cops!
Thanks
Zach Cry

Posted: May 17, 2012 at 7:35 Quote
Race of spades May 15 2012Big Grin
Views: 589    Faves: 1    Comments: 1

Posted: May 17, 2012 at 20:50 Quote
gonna go hot lap moose tomorrow afternoon with a buddy. if anyone with a truck wants to join so we can do retrievals or get more runs in between hits shoot me a PM. aiming to be out there for 330ish

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 7:51 Quote
Me and my son will be heading up to Moose tomorrow to check out the trails... Neither of us have ridden Moose yet but were out for the first Trail Day to help out with Family Guy.

We will have a truck and able to help out with a run or 2..

O+
Posted: May 18, 2012 at 8:28 Quote
Unfortunately Moose got 4 inches of fresh snow Wednesday evening and possibly a swack more last night. The snow line went to the bottom of all the trails and another day or two will be required to dry things out a little. Sunday is your best bet. The road is also a mud bog with all the fresh dirt from the recent ditching and grating. Sucks as I was planning on spending the day out there as well.

Posted: May 19, 2012 at 10:44 Quote
Well I finally got the tire on the truck replaced, want to thank Jerome, James, Nick and Luke for the help. The boys make a damn good pit crew. Can't wait to get out for the next ride. Has anyone heard when they plan on finishing the rest of the road?

Posted: May 19, 2012 at 16:19 Quote
Anyone going out riding tomorrow?

Posted: May 19, 2012 at 17:47 Quote
was out there today, the road has dried up a little better but still take it slow.

T-dub is super mucky, and while i dont wanna be that guy, it might be worth staying off until it dries out more. the combo of unmelted snow and the rain/snow mix of the last few days has left sections pretty soupy and you can chew it up pretty quick with heavy braking and sticky tires.

jean guy is in amazing shape. the first corner they've been working on into the drop is gonna need to be packed down more, right now its too soft to carry speed for the drop that bypasses the chute. good work to the builders though to change the line through there, it was getting destroyed

Mod
Posted: May 19, 2012 at 20:21 Quote
anyone heading out tomorow and have room for another rider? My shuttleypeeps coming down from edmonton decided they just want to ride monday.. and not sunday.. and I work on monday Frown

Posted: May 19, 2012 at 22:04 Quote
Hi everyone,

Lost my Rottie, Tank, at the top of SHAFT tonight.

Super friendly dog wearing a red backpack and bear bell.

Please let me know if you see/hear of him.

Cheers,

Scott

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.373796
Mobile Version of Website