12" travel !!

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 17:53 Quote
BIGC93 wrote:
r there any other forks made for heavy riders??

im 250
The marzocchi 888 will work fine, if it's too plush get a stiffer spring.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
a Monster T would be much better then an 888 for a heavier rider. theirs more too them and I've never seen one broken. but they weigh more.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
BIGC93 wrote:

im 250

It will work fine now since they have amped it up but at the monster t time there wasnt. It was designed to be way stiffer than anything out there and handle more abuse that a bigger rider would put on a fork.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
dhpete93 wrote:
BIGC93 wrote:

im 250

It will work fine now since they have amped it up but at the monster t time there wasnt. It was designed to be way stiffer than anything out there and handle more abuse that a bigger rider would put on a fork.

Ya the 888 is just as good and better than the monster ever was stiff springs and youll be in business. and for u guys that wanna argue strength....monster stantion thickness=40mm---888 stantion thickness=38mm.....2mm dif. will not effect it.

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 0:32 Quote
blackXLabel13 wrote:
codyloveskona wrote:
mccaw wrote:
I found the most hugest pair of forks ever:

photo

What do you think?
risse fork is lighter then the super monster T
dude look at those uppers and how far they stick above the top crown haha that seems to me like it would be axtremely awkward to ride bacuse youd have these two huge things on either side of your stem that if you hit your head off seem they would just cookie cutter your eyes outEek

the crowns are adjustable mate you would jus put them up higher

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 3:56 Quote
huckaholick wrote:
rideon86 wrote:
trekrules wrote:

that's very true but not as sick as that richiWink
yah. sick for the shocks, other than that, imo the azonic is a lot sleeker looking bike.
they are both prob a pain to lug about though! god bless uplifts
is it just me or does the angle of the rear triangle look really weird. it's as if he jammed a shock with a too long of stroke into that thing
i think its just because of how high the forks push the front end up

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 4:28 Quote
huckaholick wrote:
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
dhpete93 wrote:

Ya the 888 is just as good and better than the monster ever was stiff springs and youll be in business. and for u guys that wanna argue strength....monster stantion thickness=40mm---888 stantion thickness=38mm.....2mm dif. will not effect it.

you cna still argue strenght but im not going too... the monster tubes are way way thicker...

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 20:43 Quote
chomers wrote:
marshmellowman wrote:
specializedrocks wrote:

that bike is sweet, and it even has 2 shocks(i know the karipel(sp?) does to but this one is sweeter)
why bother. downhill doesnt need that much and the rampage was canceled. pay attention to slopestyle

Except Rampage is back on now, but you still don't need an bike that "big" for it.

Chom,

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 10:07 Quote
mhoshal wrote:
chomers wrote:
marshmellowman wrote:
why bother. downhill doesnt need that much and the rampage was canceled. pay attention to slopestyle

Except Rampage is back on now, but you still don't need an bike that "big" for it.

Chom,

Way to grave dig a 8 year old thread

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013610
Mobile Version of Website