2016 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2016 Stumpjumper
Posted: Jan 9, 2016 at 9:21 Quote
Hey Luther.... i have the same model stumpy and I too was bummed to find out they were not included. If you read the owners manual it actually tells you that they are not included. My LBS agreed with me that it was misleading and thought that they should be included for the price. They cut me a deal on the two items and I now have them on my rig.

Posted: Jan 9, 2016 at 9:30 Quote
Oh really that sucks...i thought id seen a youtube vid with the moustache man from MBR stating they where on it..plus seen other youtube footage of the black snd yellow version of our bikel with them included maybe they had to kick off too to get a set of them...how much did you have to pay extra then if you dont mind me asking .

Posted: Jan 10, 2016 at 11:11 Quote
Check out mikes bikes footage for specilized stumpjumper 2016 on youtube ..is it just the uk being ripped off again ...these guys say its on this bike model ??? Wtf

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 10:28 Quote
Nah im in the US and we didnt get them either. Not sure what models start to come with them.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2016 at 17:41 Quote
You get the swat tools from the Expert and up

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 13:41 Quote
Hi all,

I have the 206 Carbon Expert, is anyone else bottoming out their Fox CTD rear shock too easily?

I'm not light at 16.5 stone, but my old monarch never had an issue. Even if I pump it to 300psi I can still bottom it out.

Thinking of buying the Monarch for the sake of it, just wondering if anyone had any advice?

Thanks

TomO

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 14:32 Quote
Hi guys, I've been following this thread since the release of the 2016 stumpys. I finally got my 6fattie comp medium just after Christmas and unfortunately I sustained a pretty serious injury playing indoor soccer earlier this week. I need to pay the bills and I didn't even get to ride this beast outside the parking lot.

I'm not sure if it is allowed to promote a Buy/Sell item on the forums (My apologies if so), but I could really use the help to sell this bike.

photo
Here's a link to the page.
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1914167/

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 17:24 Quote
I am considering a stumpy. Can you use volume spacers on these rear shocks? I have had success using volume spacers on older floats. Propietary rear shock on the stumpy?Autosag?A really good ramp up is ok but constant bottom out and high pressures is a big negative.Somebody educate me on how this shock behaves

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 18:34 Quote
pj726e wrote:
Hi guys, I've been following this thread since the release of the 2016 stumpys. I finally got my 6fattie comp medium just after Christmas and unfortunately I sustained a pretty serious injury playing indoor soccer earlier this week. I need to pay the bills and I didn't even get to ride this beast outside the parking lot.

I'm not sure if it is allowed to promote a Buy/Sell item on the forums (My apologies if so), but I could really use the help to sell this bike.

photo
Here's a link to the page.
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1914167/
I would swing by the shop man, any reasonable person should return it.

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2016 at 6:04 Quote
chickendog wrote:
I am considering a stumpy. Can you use volume spacers on these rear shocks?

My 16 SJ expert came with a medium sized reducer already in it, which was great for the smoother trails, but i would find the end of the travel a little to easy on the wilder stuff, i swapped it out for a large reducer and its spot on now!

Plush enough off the top, get support in the travel but still get full use of travel on the trail with no harsh bottoming even on the wilder trails.

For reference I am around 78kgs and running 170-180psi with a large volume reducer.

Posted: Jan 23, 2016 at 20:33 Quote
Hey guys,

Been following this post for a month or two now. First time post to the message boards! Was hoping you could all help me out with two things. First, can anyone post the stock weight of a medium 2016 Expert and/or Elite 650b? I'm trying to weigh (pun intended) whether or not the extra $2k CAD is worth it for the carbon frame and different brakes.

Also, what do you guy's think of the Trek Fuel EX 9 650b? Better or worse than a comparable stumpy. It is $1k LESS than the Stumpy Elite where I am :O!

Hoping to hear back from some of you, you all seem very knowledgeable about the bike and seem very helpful! Thank you!

Edit for clarification on pricing in my area, Medium, 650b:
2016 Stumpy Expert $7300 CAD
2016 Stumpy Elite $5300 CAD
2016 Trek Fuel EX 9 $4400 CAD

Posted: Jan 23, 2016 at 21:36 Quote
I would go with the stumpy if your looking an "all-'rounder". It is more playful than the fuel IMO, and you get a Pike.

Save your coin and go with the Elite. The SWAT box is cool if you dont drink water.

Posted: Jan 24, 2016 at 9:53 Quote
imash wrote:
I would go with the stumpy if your looking an "all-'rounder". It is more playful than the fuel IMO, and you get a Pike.

Save your coin and go with the Elite. The SWAT box is cool if you dont drink water.

Thanks, I've been leaning toward the Elite as you say. I want to start learning how to jump table tops and whip the bike. Also want to have a more nimble bike than my current 2014 Ghost AMR 2955. The SJ just seems like the perfect bike for me. I wish I hadn't limited my options so much when buying the Ghost, my first bike.

I'm almost 30, found my mtb passion pretty late. So I'm looking for every advantage to accelerate my learning and enjoyment. However, $2k extra for carbon seems steep esp since I don't know the weight difference and also I expect to crash a lot. The toughness of aluminum will probably be more enduring for me!

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 18:20 Quote
Can someone please help me. I traded a 29er to someone who was trading their 2016 carbon comp. The bike frame looked solid. Just kinda dirty. I did notice like a weird thing in the top tube and around the frame. It's the satin black one, and it looked like half glossy half matte. When I asked him about it, he just said it looks like carbon. I was so excited about it, I just brushed t off.I tought it would wash off, but it didnt. I did a tiny bit of research and somtimes it happens on matte black carbon frames?
I havnt loaded pics yet, but can someone with the satin black carbon bike comment on my situation??

Thanks!!!

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 21:33 Quote
hrod19 wrote:
Can someone please help me. I traded a 29er to someone who was trading their 2016 carbon comp. The bike frame looked solid. Just kinda dirty. I did notice like a weird thing in the top tube and around the frame. It's the satin black one, and it looked like half glossy half matte. When I asked him about it, he just said it looks like carbon. I was so excited about it, I just brushed t off.I tought it would wash off, but it didnt. I did a tiny bit of research and somtimes it happens on matte black carbon frames?
I havnt loaded pics yet, but can someone with the satin black carbon bike comment on my situation??

Thanks!!!

I'll take a picture of mine in a few hours and drop it across to you in a message.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012399
Mobile Version of Website