SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
Posted: Jul 6, 2016 at 17:10 Quote
arrrgghhh still in between you guys! Wink

Posted: Jul 8, 2016 at 13:18 Quote
Anyone going to trade in their alloy scout for the new carbon one?!

I was going to, but currently can't justify the expense!

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2016 at 9:13 Quote
v7fmp wrote:

Where did that news come from?

Posted: Jul 9, 2016 at 15:01 Quote
mbc4386 wrote:
v7fmp wrote:

I cannot reveal my source! But they are in the 2017 line up.

Posted: Jul 9, 2016 at 19:14 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
mbc4386 wrote:
v7fmp wrote:

I started a new thread about called "Carbon scout and smuggler very soon "a couple of weeks ago.
I saw the new lineup on a transition dealer only web page.
I think he left it on by accident and I just took the my chance.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 9:09 Quote
Milesos wrote:
v7fmp wrote:
mbc4386 wrote:

I started a new thread about called "Carbon scout and smuggler very soon "a couple of weeks ago.
I saw the new lineup on a transition dealer only web page.
I think he left it on by accident and I just took the my chance.

Ah right, cool. My local dealer offered me a pre order, hence why I heard about the scout. Orange or battleship grey I believe the colour options are.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 11:18 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
Ah right, cool. My local dealer offered me a pre order, hence why I heard about the scout. Orange or battleship grey I believe the colour options are.

Battleship grey? Not black? Sounds interesting, and that's for the carbon scout?
Any knowledge what the secondary colors are? Like the "Transition" mark and other markings?

I have been informed from 2 seperate sources that a carbon scout is indeed comming with the 2017 line in a month or so. So I dont think there is any doubt left on that front.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 11:43 Quote
Dnn wrote:
v7fmp wrote:

Battleship grey? Not black? Sounds interesting, and that's for the carbon scout?
Any knowledge what the secondary colors are? Like the "Transition" mark and other markings?

I have been informed from 2 seperate sources that a carbon scout is indeed comming with the 2017 line in a month or so. So I dont think there is any doubt left on that front.

I believe the alloy version comes in 'stealth black' and red with black writing.

And as mentioned, carbon in 'gravel grey' and 'blood orange'.

Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 8:44 Quote
here is my Scout :

Transition Scout medium

medium frame with a 150mm Pike

35mm stem and a 35mm rise bar

125mm x 380mm Reverb

1x11 with a 32t chainring

the 10mm more travel in the front are really nice, feels solid front and back

Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 14:57 Quote
jozz wrote:
So I'm 6'-2", and undecided between large or x-large.

A friend of mine is getting a large patrol, so I will be able to test the large frame, almost same reach and ETT as the Scout.

Anyone riding an XL?

J.

I'm 6'2 and have a large. Feels good with a 35mm stem BUT I do want a bit more reach sometimes on dh sections. However it's great in most of the twisty tight wood off piste stuff I usually ride. Also could do with a cm or 2 more for my thighs. The saddle is all the way back which means I can only get my reverb down by pushing near the front of the saddle. I may move to xl next year but need a try first. Being in the middle I would say it all depends on where and what you ride and your arm and thigh length.

Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 17:40 Quote
darrenspink wrote:
jozz wrote:

A friend of mine is getting a large patrol, so I will be able to test the large frame, almost same reach and ETT as the Scout.

Anyone riding an XL?

J.

I'm 6'2 and have a large. Feels good with a 35mm stem BUT I do want a bit more reach sometimes on dh sections. However it's great in most of the twisty tight wood off piste stuff I usually ride. Also could do with a cm or 2 more for my thighs. The saddle is all the way back which means I can only get my reverb down by pushing near the front of the saddle. I may move to xl next year but need a try first. Being in the middle I would say it all depends on where and what you ride and your arm and thigh length.

I did parking lot test my friend's Patrol. He had a 50mm stem on it and did feel somewhat shorter than my Carbine. Sure wish I could pedal an XL before making a move.

Posted: Jul 15, 2016 at 7:53 Quote
jozz wrote:
darrenspink wrote:
jozz wrote:

Anyone riding an XL?

J.

I did parking lot test my friend's Patrol. He had a 50mm stem on it and did feel somewhat shorter than my Carbine. Sure wish I could pedal an XL before making a move.
i took my Patrol on it's first ride last night, it feels a lot roomier than my Scout, i've scrapped my Trans am as it is too small, so 3 Large Trannies all with different fit

Posted: Jul 15, 2016 at 9:37 Quote
photo

My regular Monarch failed and the warranty department was so kind to offer me a Monarch plus if I just payed a small price diffrence.

Stoked about this piggyback!

Posted: Jul 18, 2016 at 15:12 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
jozz wrote:
darrenspink wrote:

i took my Patrol on it's first ride last night, it feels a lot roomier than my Scout, i've scrapped my Trans am as it is too small, so 3 Large Trannies all with different fit

I didn't really notice any difference in room when I switched from an xl Patrol to xl Scout. Every component exactly the same as I just swapped frames.
I'm 6'6" with a 35mm stem and 800mm wide bars, find it pretty comfy, easy to climb and move around on the descents. I do get some back pain on really long climbs, (30 min+) so I might get some taller rise bars but my lower back isn't great anyway.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018104
Mobile Version of Website