Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 16:12 Quote
Rode builders today, its in great shape and Dave the new stunts are beauty's.
Didn't have a saw with me so just to let everyone know that theres a fallen tree about 5 minutes in im guessing.

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 16:39 Quote
What!! A tree dare fall on my tral! It will have to be sacraficed to the stund gods.But not tomorrow cause I am riding.

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 16:47 Quote
My idea would be just after crazy train cut a new line beside the atv road and make a super sick series of stunts or jumps etc. That way you could hit the line no matter what trail you took from the top. I wanna do that anyway make a big set of dj's as an alternate route for the big boys. That is something we could start this season after the snow starts to fly at the top, what you think dave?

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 17:00 Quote
Honestly I don't like that idea.There are a lot of hikers and people walking there dogs in that area and building it up will bring to much heat to the area.Id rather stay up higher. I think building on the 2.5 is the best bet as it hasn't seen anything new for awhile.

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 17:07 Quote
dirtdavediddler wrote:
I think building on the 2.5 is the best bet as it hasn't seen anything new for awhile.

OK at the 2.5km when you go left at the spiro/suspension ride intersection, way further down there is a big open area to the right at the point where you ride along the edge of the creek.

It's a real sweet spot, there's natural drop-ins higher up top of this open area which could act as run-ins to dj's or stunts, plenty of terrain around to have fun playing with. Looks like plenty soil available there too.

G_X

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 17:09 Quote
Where specifically? Just after the suspension bridge there is a nice stretch with no stunts. Access would be not to bad, I think you are the only one with a quad. We could do some stuff over the swamp section also that would be good also.

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 17:22 Quote
Last year I hiked and tagged a new line on the high side of jackpine road.It comes out above builders and its only a 5min hike to the entrance. The trail would be long enough to make the hike worth it and there are alot of natural rock obstacles that could be built on to make it interesting without that many stunts. I never got to starting it. It would be a good joint operation.Would also add lenth to builders.Since its fairly close to the road building access isn't bad either.Just an idea. I think I will come to your fire on sunday and we can discuse it more.

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 17:23 Quote
if its a go I will start cutting trail right away.

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 17:28 Quote
dirtdavediddler wrote:
if its a go I will start cutting trail right away.

Hey, let's all go stomp it on Sunday for a look see.

BUILDFEST 2008

G_X

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 18:33 Quote
can you drop the first take off and how far is the gap on the last jump?. looks pretty stellar

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 18:59 Quote
if you drop it to the fairly angled tranny, it about 10-15 feet, and the step down is 10X10, and the step up is 5X20 id say

im liking the build idea, but i have no idea where we could do it

so just to see whos for sure comin on sunday, just say im comin or sumthin

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 19:03 Quote
Bomber-Man-8825 wrote:
so just to see whos for sure comin on sunday, just say im comin or sumthin

OK....uh....sumthin.

Are you gonna be the king of the wiener roast ?

I am supplying some rolls, hot dog, ketchup, mustard, and mebbee beer for the big boys. OK the beer is gonna be for people I like or new faces who are super nice to me mweh. Hmmm I like beer Cool cBeer mebbee I will drink all the beer instead.

G_X

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 19:22 Quote
Im comin for sure on sunday. What time, at 3.5k parking lot? With my bike?

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 19:25 Quote
skatepro242 wrote:
Im comin for sure on sunday. What time, at 3.5k parking lot? With my bike?

Anytime, build crew will be there from 10.00am @ the 3.5km parking lot/wiener roast area.

Reckon the cook out will be mebbee midday start or later, but whatever, the Bomber Man appears to be the wiener meister.

Bring bike, session stuff, whatever. Chill out times.

G_X

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 21:51 Quote
I always thought a good spot for a new line would be from builders. Kinda by Jedi Facker down to Hairy Heel some where. Not sure if it is even feasable or not, just an idea.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013555
Mobile Version of Website