Powered by Outside

YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Posted: Apr 18, 2017 at 14:05 Quote
DomaSXS wrote:
zapat wrote:
Kovas: Thanks for measuring. Not quite 60 for you either.

DomaSXS: The YT seat collar is a piece of junk. Check that first. I turned it around, so the screw is on front, and holy silence!
If you have the e13 dropper, the head can get loose too causing noise. Take the saddle off and use a 10hex and softjaws. It needs to be tightened properly (20Nm) otherwise it will get loose every 10 kms.

I have e13 dropper. Ok have to check those before next ride and get some tool for right Nm. Really annoying but thanks mate!

My e13 dropper post has vertical play in it. Like 1 mm movement up and down when I press on the stanchion. Tried to tighten the top cap — didn't help.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 1:39 Quote
That's also fine. It is a mechanical post, fully serviceable at home for which the price you pay is a loud vertical play. It's also first year series, so expect some weak points (like the head coming loose all the time).
But Ride Your F#%king Bike, and you're going to forget about all these issues.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 1:49 Quote
I've done a search and this has been mentioned but I don't think anyone has given a conclusive answer.

I can't find anywhere on the spec page for the Jeffsy weather the CF one comes already setup as tubeless. Or am i going to need to buy a tubeless conversion kit.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 2:44 Quote
https://www.yt-industries.com/en/campaign/index/emotionId/183#kat_589
Oh, this is for 2016.
As far as I know they come with tubes and even without tape. My AL1 did anyways.

Buy a GorillaTape and a TL valve. Shouldn't be more than 10 pounds.

I just saw that CF1 comes with those Maxxis tires which are not TL. You can use them as TL (some of my buddies do, others hate this setup as the tire is hard to fit as TL - it has different, not as tight beads), but I guess you should consider a new tire too.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 2:59 Quote
zapat wrote:
That's also fine. It is a mechanical post, fully serviceable at home for which the price you pay is a loud vertical play. It's also first year series, so expect some weak points (like the head coming loose all the time).
But Ride Your F#%king Bike, and you're going to forget about all these issues.

Might be, but yet again, e13 customer service said it's not normal and asked me to tighten the top cap Smile

zapat wrote:
Oh, this is for 2016.
As far as I know they come with tubes and even without tape. My AL1 did anyways.

I just saw that CF1 comes with those Maxxis tires which are not TL. You can use them as TL (some of my buddies do, others hate this setup as the tire is hard to fit as TL ), but I guess you should consider a new tire too.

I tried to ask YT support about it, but haven't got an answer yet, so I checked it by my self. DT Swiss M 1900 rims on Jeffsy Al One 27:
DT swiss M 1900 rim from YT Jeffsy AL One 27

Edit: answer from YT:

bigquotesUnfortunately there is no tubeless rim tape installed on the wheels and also the tyres aren't tubeless ready. But with a tubeless rim tape, other tyres, original tubeless valves and sealant milk, you could still convert the wheels to tubeless.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 3:21 Quote
zapat wrote:
Oh, this is for 2016.

I just saw that CF1 comes with those Maxxis tires which are not TL. You can use them as TL (some of my buddies do, others hate this setup as the tire is hard to fit as TL - it has different, not as tight beads), but I guess you should consider a new tire too.

I've just found on the 2017 FAQ page that they say none of their 2017 bikes come tubeless. They're all delivered with tubes. Tubeless compatibility depends on individual spec.

I also noticed in that FAQ page that it says their brakes levers are set up the non British way, i.e. front brake left. Any Brits here that could confirm this?

I'm getting mine delivered to work so trying to plan what tools i need to build the bike so that i can ride it home.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 4:43 Quote
Kovas wrote:
Might be, but yet again, e13 customer service said it's not normal and asked me to tighten the top cap Smile

If the head is moving, then yes, you need to tighten it. The head must have zero play on the stanchion in any direction.
Hovewer the stanchion has a small play both vertically and horizontally. Even Reverbs have it but since they are air/oil, you feel the vertical play less than on a fully mechanical post.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 5:05 Quote
Just got done ordering a JEFFSY AL One 27 in М Smile

I hope I made the right decision.

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 5:58 Quote
Has anyone in the US got any communications from YT on when the 4/24 models are going to be ready?

I know, I know...it says 4/24 for a reason. But, I'm antsy...

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 6:39 Quote
I need to change standard RaceFace 32T Cinch chainring on Turbine cranks. I would like to swap for 28T oval Cinch chainring. Any recommendation what type to use? Do I need any special boost / non-boost / offset settings? To be honest I am not familiar about this so any recommendation I would be very grateful Smile My model is ALU One 2017 27.5. Thanks

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 13:13 Quote
From the look of my standard 32t ring, it looks to be 0-offset. And I believe that is is non-boost specific, but someone else should be able to confirm or deny that claim.

If all else fails, you could contact YT.

Posted: Apr 21, 2017 at 0:36 Quote
MacieIKS wrote:
I need to change standard RaceFace 32T Cinch chainring on Turbine cranks. I would like to swap for 28T oval Cinch chainring. Any recommendation what type to use? Do I need any special boost / non-boost / offset settings? To be honest I am not familiar about this so any recommendation I would be very grateful Smile My model is ALU One 2017 27.5. Thanks

You need the standard, non-boost cinch ring. The spindles are matching it all up with boost.
I bought the standard RF 28T ring, and it's perfect, chain stays on backpedalling everywhere.

Posted: Apr 21, 2017 at 3:23 Quote
Kovas wrote:

I tried to ask YT support about it, but haven't got an answer yet, so I checked it by my self. DT Swiss M 1900 rims on Jeffsy Al One 27:
DT swiss M 1900 rim from YT Jeffsy AL One 27

Edit: answer from YT:

bigquotesUnfortunately there is no tubeless rim tape installed on the wheels and also the tyres aren't tubeless ready. But with a tubeless rim tape, other tyres, original tubeless valves and sealant milk, you could still convert the wheels to tubeless.

When YT say "original tubeless valves" does that mean it ships with the original tubeless valves for that rim or did you have to buy them yourself.

Posted: Apr 21, 2017 at 4:14 Quote
Spangle123 wrote:
When YT say "original tubeless valves" does that mean it ships with the original tubeless valves for that rim or did you have to buy them yourself.

No extra valves were sent with my AL One/M1900.

Posted: Apr 21, 2017 at 6:11 Quote
SkipSkovhugger wrote:
Spangle123 wrote:

No extra valves were sent with my AL One/M1900.

Confused me too. No additional valves were included.

Actually, my fist question was: what do I need to make wheels tubeless. Then I pointed out that DT Swiss website says, that M 1900 comes with Tubeless ready tape, Tubeless Valve, Center Lock/IS Adaptor.

Their answer was:

YT wrote:
These parts are only part of the delivery content of the wheels, when you buy them separately in the after market.

We as a bike manufacturer don't receive these parts for these wheels from DT Swiss, so we can't include them in the delivery content of your bike.

And in case anyone else cares:

DT-Swiss wrote:
Your wheels use the following spokes:
front wheel: DT Champion® 285mm / 286mm
rear wheel: DT Champion® 286mm / 285mm

For more information on your wheels, please consult our techbook.
https://www.dtswiss.com/Resources/Support/Catalog/Techbook-MY2017-de.pdf

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013714
Mobile Version of Website