Powered by Outside

General Guerrilla Gravity Discussion

PB Forum :: Guerrilla Gravity
General Guerrilla Gravity Discussion
O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2023 at 10:39 Quote
FYI, the frame hardware kit and bearing kit are shown as back in stock on the GG web site. Might be prudent to stock up.

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2023 at 10:58 Quote
chacou wrote:
RIP GG
Can anyone point me to anything legit about this? One of the emails sent to customers or anything?

Posted: Sep 20, 2023 at 11:28 Quote
everythingsucks wrote:
chacou wrote:
RIP GG
Can anyone point me to anything legit about this? One of the emails sent to customers or anything?

Reckon you can just send them an e-mail (https://ridegg.com/pages/contact) or give them a call ((303) 955-4163) and eliminate the middle man.

None of their bikes are available in any size on the website and their sponsored rider (Yoann Barelli) had to part ways. These are strong signs that they are not in business now.

Posted: Sep 20, 2023 at 14:28 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
everythingsucks wrote:
chacou wrote:
RIP GG

Reckon you can just send them an e-mail (https://ridegg.com/pages/contact) or give them a call ((303) 955-4163) and eliminate the middle man.

None of their bikes are available in any size on the website and their sponsored rider (Yoann Barelli) had to part ways. These are strong signs that they are not in business now.

I am local to GG, the story is the 3 original owners have not been with the company since June, head designer is out, his Linked in confirms it. the Investors are moving forward with REVVED without GG at this time.

"Matt Giaraffa
Matt GiaraffaMatt Giaraffa
• 2nd• 2nd
CTO, Revved Industries and Chief Engineer, Guerrilla GravityCTO, Revved Industries and Chief Engineer, Guerrilla Gravity
2w • 2w •

Follow

Moving on…
It began in my garage a little over a decade ago, and included helping to push the mountain bike industry forward, breaking the link from road bike derivatives to having their own identity.
Then, introducing the first modern thermoplastic/carbon fiber composite manufacturing to the mountain bike industry, growing from just a couple of us to a pretty large crew.
I’m super proud of what we have accomplished, the relationships created, friends made, challenges figured out, machines built, and products made.
Like all things, eventually it’s time to move along, see others carry on the torch, and I’ve taken most of the summer off to be a stay at home dad, which has been a great way to build life time memories.
And now, to figure out what’s next for me…"

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 7:11 Quote
Chatted with a guy at my LBS that was buying a demo Smash from the shop after GG couldn’t fill his order. Shop owner confirmed he hadn’t heard anything from GG since July and so was selling off his demo fleet of GG.
Guy said he bought a Smash with the XT build and fox factory from GG at the end of July. His payment was processed, confirmation email, etc. He said he then waited weeks with no replies to messages to finally get an email in late august that his bike didn’t make production and he’ll be getting a refund. So he bought one that the shop had.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 8:00 Quote
I mean, all this adds up for sure. I guess I just wish they would at least put out some kind of statement for those of us that own one or people who were buying them. At least kept the business up until they made that statement. Kind of a shitty way to go out.

Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 10:15 Quote
According to state business filings, "Guerrilla Gravity" is a trade name registered to Revved Industries. I don't know where one ends and the other begins. The ridegg website remains up. The total lack of public statements from either entity about the situation is disappointing. Until someone provides more facts, rumors will continue to fill the vacuum.

Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 11:53 Quote
jbuzzinco wrote:
According to state business filings, "Guerrilla Gravity" is a trade name registered to Revved Industries. I don't know where one ends and the other begins. The ridegg website remains up. The total lack of public statements from either entity about the situation is disappointing. Until someone provides more facts, rumors will continue to fill the vacuum.

The facts are before you. Just in this thread you can follow the bread crumbs back to the real sources for yourself and realize that GG is a bike company that isn't selling bikes anymore.

Not sure what else one needs.

Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 15:59 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
jbuzzinco wrote:

The facts are before you. Just in this thread you can follow the bread crumbs back to the real sources for yourself and realize that GG is a bike company that isn't selling bikes anymore.

Not sure what else one needs.

I'm not interested in "bread crumbs". Nothing posted here or anywhere else regarding this situation qualify as "real sources". What I need is a clear and unambiguous statement posted on ridegg.com or published in the pinkbike News section. Sorry, but the public discussion forums don't qualify.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2023 at 6:53 Quote
Think about it from the perspective of the investors that own the IP, the molds, machines, etc. Revved has a bit more upside and flexibility to the business model. Maybe GG survives as a boutique brand of Revved while Revved also produces products for others. Investors are probably trying to trim as much overhead as possible to re-position Revved or make it more attractive to potential buyers. This happens all the time in the software world, lay-offs, stop building or supporting the product until it’s found a new buyer.

I have a 2020 GG Smash rear triangle (seat stays, chain stays, bearings, pivot, etc) that I’ll probably be listing for sale very soon. I converted the bike to revved rear end Gnarvana last winter, probably ride that for another year or two. Thankfully most of the GG stuff can be sourced without going directly through GG (bearings, bushings, nuts, bolts, etc.)

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2023 at 9:30 Quote
jbuzzinco wrote:
I'm not interested in "bread crumbs". Nothing posted here or anywhere else regarding this situation qualify as "real sources". What I need is a clear and unambiguous statement posted on ridegg.com or published in the pinkbike News section. Sorry, but the public discussion forums don't qualify.

Yeah you’re right. It’s like a dad going out for a pack of smokes and never coming back.

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2023 at 13:17 Quote
I just received a shipment of frame hardware and bearings from GG that I ordered on September 19th. So spare parts are still shipping out.

Posted: Oct 3, 2023 at 9:49 Quote
Looking for Shred Dogg stays if any has

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009511
Mobile Version of Website