Powered by Outside

Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 10:48 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
If you zoom in on Hattie Harnden's lates IG post, she is definitely running something different for a shock than an RS Superdeluxe. It almost looks like an upside-down Fox float X2, but it wouldn't be a Fox. Maybe something new coming from RS on the new bike?

Looks like a Super Deluxe with a MegNeg to me. All the Trek Enduro Team bikes run that shock.

On the 2021 Trek Rail it has a Super Deluxe thru shaft shock. I would not be surprised to see that end up on the Slash.

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 11:08 Quote
At this point i f*cking hope they gave a chance to ohlins or top of the line coils?

Cant wait anymore for this realease m8 ! Lets go!

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 12:06 Quote
Never going to see Ohlins or coil on Trek from the factory.

FastRiding wrote:
At this point i f*cking hope they gave a chance to ohlins or top of the line coils?

Cant wait anymore for this realease m8 ! Lets go!

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 12:28 Quote
luckyguy19 wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
If you zoom in on Hattie Harnden's lates IG post, she is definitely running something different for a shock than an RS Superdeluxe. It almost looks like an upside-down Fox float X2, but it wouldn't be a Fox. Maybe something new coming from RS on the new bike?

Looks like a Super Deluxe with a MegNeg to me. All the Trek Enduro Team bikes run that shock.

On the 2021 Trek Rail it has a Super Deluxe thru shaft shock. I would not be surprised to see that end up on the Slash.

Zoom in. The bottom of it looks big, almost like the shock is upside down. But there is clearly a reservoir at the top with the stanchion in the middle (very x2 esque looking to me). Maybe it's all an illusion though

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 12:31 Quote
luckyguy19 wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

I just looked again. You're right. I was basically seeing the megneg can as the entire shock lol. My bad. False alarm everyone!

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 13:23 Quote
Well done mates

That is the 2020 bike... and the old shock ews dudes use...

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 13:51 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
Well done mates

Do you think the 2021 is going to look much different? If it goes 160/170 but retains the same basic shape with very slightly altered angles, it's going to be hard to tell from a picture like that. That could very well be the new bike with the new specs unless something radical is coming (which hasn't been typical of Trek)

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 13:56 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
FastRiding wrote:
Well done mates

Do you think the 2021 is going to look much different? If it goes 160/170 but retains the same basic shape with very slightly altered angles, it's going to be hard to tell from a picture like that. That could very well be the new bike with the new specs unless something radical is coming (which hasn't been typical of Trek)

That pic shows the old cable routing through the swingarm ... that's one area where Trek have made updates on both the Fuel EX and Rail. I'm guessing it will change for the new Slash.

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 17:02 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
FastRiding wrote:
Well done mates

You are smoking some great dope or you are just guessing

It might be mild changes, but it surely does not only happen on the bikes angles. Sure seat angle affects, etc but the frame design itself will likely change in things like reach, stack, shock link materials, offset again maybe? who knows. In angles we might se a small variation probably. Unless they go ultra progressive like some german brands for example

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 19:22 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
FastRiding wrote:
Well done mates

It might be mild changes, but it surely does not only happen on the bikes angles. Sure seat angle affects, etc but the frame design itself will likely change in things like reach, stack, shock link materials, offset again maybe? who knows. In angles we might se a small variation probably. Unless they go ultra progressive like some german brands for example

I think you're misunderstanding me. All I meant to say is that from a picture, the new bike is probably going to look a lot like the old bike in the same way that the old slash looks a lot like the 27.5 remedy from a few years ago which looks a lot like the current remedy. It's probably going to look like a Trek slash as we know it, meaning that from a picture of someone riding it it might not be obvious if it's the "new" bike or not.

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 9:05 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
FastRiding wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

I think you're misunderstanding me. All I meant to say is that from a picture, the new bike is probably going to look a lot like the old bike in the same way that the old slash looks a lot like the 27.5 remedy from a few years ago which looks a lot like the current remedy. It's probably going to look like a Trek slash as we know it, meaning that from a picture of someone riding it it might not be obvious if it's the "new" bike or not.

ohh i see what u mean amigo

I dont undertand How much longer will it be, i left the bike payed halfway lOL

this is killling me

Any new Leaks? Ive seen the Spartan 2021 leak but WHERE IS THE SLASH

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 12:07 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
FastRiding wrote:

this is killling me

I KNOW RIGHT?! I am going crazy trying to decide if I should sell my current slash or keep it another year, but I want to SEE the new one first!

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 12:34 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
FastRiding wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

this is killling me

I KNOW RIGHT?! I am going crazy trying to decide if I should sell my current slash or keep it another year, but I want to SEE the new one first!

Ride your bike and have fun!

I've got a 2019 Remedy. Yeah everyone is riding a 29er... But i'm happy with my bike. And i doenst want change my bike every year, like my mobile phone. Just because someone says its outdatet or we havent any stock parts for this....

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 13:41 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:

I've got a 2019 Remedy. Yeah everyone is riding a 29er... But i'm happy with my bike. And i doenst want change my bike every year, like my mobile phone. Just because someone says its outdatet or we havent any stock parts for this....

I ride both, the 27.5 was bought afterwards and love it, so much more fun to ride than a plowing 29er.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 13:42 Quote
Hamburgi wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
FastRiding wrote:

this is killling me

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012455
Mobile Version of Website