2022 Epic Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2022 Epic Evo
O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 7:45 Quote
Oval's really do help with knee pain, both myself and my father noticed far less strain in our knees after switching to oval rings. Despite the aesthetic of the oval ring, each stroke feels more linear, and you can definitely put down more torque on climbs. Going back to a round ring actually feels awkward, you can feel the "dead spots" in the pedal stroke on round rings for sure.

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 16:23 Quote
musso wrote:
ok so with the 3mm spider it would just fit..with the 6mm spider it barely touches the frame

the problem is when the chainring is horizontal and the chain is on the 10 it touches and rubs along the rubber chainguard
I just checked my 34T oval (with 3mm offset) and clears the rubber chainguard, just.

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 13:58 Quote
Has anyone put a 150mm x fusion dropper post on a medium? Does it work?

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 22:17 Quote
Hey everyone. Thinking of picking up an epic evo soon but have a question about sizing. The geo on the evo is pretty xc oriented with a shorter reach than I’m used to and has a long stem. When I test rode the bike in the parking lot it felt really jarring having a stem that long.

Is anyone running a shorter stem and higher rise bars on their bike? I’m worried that it might feel cramped if I shorten the cockpit even more.

I’m 5’8 and was testing the medium

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 6:17 Quote
6'1'' here on a Large EE. I'm running 20mm riser bars on a 50 mm stem. Feels absolutely perfect.

A tidbit that most folks forget, remember to have your seat height adjusted for proper fit. A higher seat will effectively extend reach. If you are sitting too low, the reach will shorten. Too much of either may make a bike that will fit you, feel like it won't.

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 6:21 Quote
Simann wrote:
6'1'' here on a Large EE. I'm running 20mm riser bars on a 50 mm stem. Feels absolutely perfect.

A tidbit that most folks forget, remember to have your seat height adjusted for proper fit. A higher seat will effectively extend reach. If you are sitting too low, the reach will shorten. Too much of either may make a bike that will fit you, feel like it won't.

6'3'' on an XL, stock 60mm stem, 20mm risers at 780mm. Spot on fit, and the EE feels longer in the cockpit than my S5 Stumpy Evo.

Posted: Apr 8, 2022 at 6:30 Quote
5'9" on medium with 60mm stem and 10mm rise bars.

Posted: Apr 10, 2022 at 17:13 Quote
6'4 with a 37" inseam on XL. Stock set up made me feel way too far over the cockpit with seat at maximum height, switched stock stem to a 6 degree rise 60 mm RaceFace Turbine, moved the top 5mm spacer below the cap, and 10mm rise 780mm RaceFace Next Bars. I tried stock stem (it's neutral) with 20mm rise bars and still felt a bit off. I'm considering upgrading to a 170mm dropper, though it's an additional 150g Cop

Posted: Apr 10, 2022 at 21:41 Quote
Habaden wrote:
Hey everyone. Thinking of picking up an epic evo soon but have a question about sizing. The geo on the evo is pretty xc oriented with a shorter reach than I’m used to and has a long stem. When I test rode the bike in the parking lot it felt really jarring having a stem that long.

Is anyone running a shorter stem and higher rise bars on their bike? I’m worried that it might feel cramped if I shorten the cockpit even more.

You are definitely a medium..I am 5'10 and ride a large...perfect for me.

The new Epic Evos already have a 20mm riser bar..would not recommend any higher than that.

A lot of riders mount a slightly shorter stem successfully on the Evo...what do you mean when you say you find it jarring?

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2022 at 21:51 Quote
musso wrote:
Habaden wrote:

You are definitely a medium..I am 5'10 and ride a large...perfect for me.

The new Epic Evos already have a 20mm riser bar..would not recommend any higher than that.

A lot of riders mount a slightly shorter stem successfully on the Evo...what do you mean when you say you find it jarring?

Just felt really hunched over compared to the normal attack position on my other bikes. I’ve never rode an xc bike before so I’m sure that’s probably most of what I’m feeling and I’m sure I could adapt

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2022 at 20:04 Quote
5’10” (ish) here, 6’ wingspan, on a L w/ 40mm stem. Rode my bud’s M back to back…. I would go M if I was purely concerned about handling tight XC courses… everything else, I much preferred the L. But it’s also what I’m used to…. And know that the seat tube it pretty tall on these frames.

Posted: Apr 21, 2022 at 21:59 Quote
Ok, just upgrade shifter and derailleur to AXS GX...should have done it sooner.

Changed the shifter rocker paddle to the new version...absolutely essential for me, just feels more natural.

Swapped my front brake caliper from the Magura MT8 to the double piston MT7 with a Galfer 180mm disc.

Best part...shifter lever and brake levers clear the frame when I spin the handlebars over the frame...

Very happy so far

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 17:34 Quote
Anyone happen to know the sizing on the mounting hardware for a Sidluxe on the S-Works frame? I swapping out the Fox for the Sid.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 17:53 Quote
Wetworks73 wrote:
Anyone happen to know the sizing on the mounting hardware for a Sidluxe on the S-Works frame? I swapping out the Fox for the Sid.

8mm x 20mm

https://media.specialized.com/support/collateral/2021_EPIC_EVO_USER_MANUAL_ENGLISH.pdf

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 18:37 Quote
Simann wrote:
Wetworks73 wrote:

8mm x 20mm

https://media.specialized.com/support/collateral/2021_EPIC_EVO_USER_MANUAL_ENGLISH.pdf

So that appears to be the correct measurements on the bike and the hardware that accompanies the installed shock, in this case a Fox Float. The Sidluxe has smaller openings, so I'm guessing I need reducers?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009795
Mobile Version of Website