Powered by Outside

.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*

PB Forum :: USA - West
.NORTHSTAR bike park/ski resort. *specific forum*
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 20:01 Quote
dlowebiker wrote:
taylorglorydh wrote:
Hey has anyone ridden the waterfall on Karpiel? I've never attempted it because it justs looks to gnarly from the chairlift but I've seen people do it easy.
its pretty easy not much hard than vietnam its just a little intimidating cause your right by the lift and everyone is watching.but still fun and after its pretty fun also
That section is never in any of the races is it?

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:
dlowebiker wrote:
taylorglorydh wrote:
Hey has anyone ridden the waterfall on Karpiel? I've never attempted it because it justs looks to gnarly from the chairlift but I've seen people do it easy.
its pretty easy not much hard than vietnam its just a little intimidating cause your right by the lift and everyone is watching.but still fun and after its pretty fun also
i think it was last year once maybe or the year before when they just did full karpiel

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:
dlowebiker wrote:
taylorglorydh wrote:
im hing a tough time trying to realize wat u guys r talking about...pics?

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 20:05 Quote
me2menow wrote:
taylorglorydh wrote:
dlowebiker wrote:

The super gnarly steep and rocky section of Karpiel that you can see from the chairlift, that is what we are talking about.

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 20:05 Quote
its the huge rock garden trail that you go over when you head up the lift on the left side. its the only trail you go over. its a sick, fun trail.... if that made any sense. ha
me2menow wrote:
taylorglorydh wrote:
dlowebiker wrote:

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:
me2menow wrote:
taylorglorydh wrote:
The super gnarly steep and rocky section of Karpiel that you can see from the chairlift, that is what we are talking about.
hmmmm, i may know what u guys r talking about...still not too sure...

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 20:29 Quote
are you guys talking about STD? i dunno if its still called that but its to the left of the rock drop into dog bone... Its pretty simple just look out for the trees at the bottom.... they always give me trouble

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 20:32 Quote
this section

photo

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 20:34 Quote
thats the one i was talking about... so gnarly but so much fun

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 20:35 Quote
ohhhhh
i dont think iv hit that yet

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 20:37 Quote
Since everyone is on right now i want to let you know that Northstar is only planning to be open four days a week because of the economy. Please email them and lee them know you want them open seven days a week. I know most people come up on the weekends but us locals like it seven days a week.

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 20:38 Quote
asulli wrote:
Since everyone is on right now i want to let you know that Northstar is only planning to be open four days a week because of the economy. Please email them and lee them know you want them open seven days a week. I know most people come up on the weekends but us locals like it seven days a week.
tats not wat their site says...

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 20:40 Quote
Well let them know anyway and lets hope it doesn't happen\

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 20:41 Quote
asulli wrote:
yeah for sure. thats hella dumb but its smart. i bet they will change it tho.

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 20:43 Quote
That rock section is really hard i was with my bros friends and it was like my first time dh'ing. They wanted to go on it and i didnt know what it was but anyway i went on it and almost made it to the bottom of that section except then i fell and yeah i got some battle scars haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010882
Mobile Version of Website