Powered by Outside

Loudest BMX Hub! (BMX)

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Loudest BMX Hub! (BMX)
Posted: Jan 17, 2012 at 9:11 Quote
Primo Mix Cassette Hub!

They're not the loudest (They're pretty loud) but they have a good sound to em'. You'll know one if you hear one, if you ride with one, you'll sound like a pro! ;D

Posted: Jan 17, 2012 at 19:35 Quote
Ya the elites look badass, still never tried them out. If i was racing or had money to spend def my first choice. Even if the driver goes at least profile has every single bearing and spacer you need for rebuild. Most companies could learn alot from prof when it comes to offering fixes for issues.

Posted: Jan 19, 2012 at 3:04 Quote
JamesAlluredPhotography wrote:
Primo Mix Cassette Hub!

They're not the loudest (They're pretty loud) but they have a good sound to em'. You'll know one if you hear one, if you ride with one, you'll sound like a pro! ;D
not my favorite hub in the world but they are a good hub and are easy to sort out if you f*ck one up, just a pain in the arse trying to get the driver back in. also the flip flop aspect is good.

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 9:09 Quote
Ya I haven't taken the driver out yet but it look difficult with the springs in the driver itself. That another plus with the primo, when you buy a new driver it comes with the spring/pawls/bearings included only $45. Other companies will have you buying driver then bearings and pawls, next thing you know just spent over $100. If your smart and buying a new primo mix should get an extra driver and you set for couple years, and paid alot less than $200.

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 14:15 Quote
Doesn't cleaning out the grease from your driver ruin your hub eventually?
I mean, the company put it there for a reason, right?

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 14:18 Quote
SpencerVDS wrote:
Yes. Putting a little light oil on the pawls helps with the wear, but yeah it will wear eventually.

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 17:29 Quote
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
SpencerVDS wrote:
Yes. Putting a little light oil on the pawls helps with the wear, but yeah it will wear eventually.

would this include the body as well ?

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 23:47 Quote
madtag12 wrote:
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
SpencerVDS wrote:

would this include the body as well ?
A good rule of thumb is put a little oil anywhere metal touches metal.

Posted: Jan 21, 2012 at 15:45 Quote
SpencerVDS wrote:

With or without grease most hubs will last longer than most riders interest in BMX.

Posted: Jan 21, 2012 at 22:24 Quote
Lol i was toasting hubs before you guys were born. Good to see the new generation progressing. People who quit are wanksters.

Posted: Jan 21, 2012 at 23:17 Quote
shishka wrote:
Lol i was toasting hubs before you guys were born. Good to see the new generation progressing. People who quit are wanksters.

I was born in 1978.

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 0:07 Quote
shishka wrote:
I was toasting toast before I got on this thread XD

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 at 8:27 Quote
Nice, still some old timers like me riding.

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 at 11:42 Quote
shishka wrote:
Nice, still some old timers like me riding.

When I started riding,1 piece cranks were all we kids back then could afford,3 piece crancks were untouchable and frames were no longer than 18'' TT.

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 7:19 Quote
Ya i was trying to dirt jump and hit wood quarters on a ross 20" fixed gear back in 1982. Wondering why i crashing soo much, cant do shit on a fixie. Now every hipster tourist wants a fixed to ride around city lolo. Good luck with that bro, we evolved to cassettes and freecoasters back in 1985.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013999
Mobile Version of Website