Powered by Outside

Anyone still riding Giant AC? post them here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Anyone still riding Giant AC? post them here!
Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 2:33 Quote
Can some good soul post the output of Linkage Software suspension characteristics of 2005 Giant AC? I am especially interested in leverage ratio and force characteristics.

I want to upgrade the frame of my bike, mainly for geometry, but I am pretty happy with the way the suspension works and I want to preserve it. I feel that the suspension is progressive, but I don't know to what extent.

Thanks!

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 16:46 Quote
Hi there AC owner here. nice to know there are still some AC riders out there.

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 5:01 Quote
photo

Hi there.
My AC was completed.

Frame 2005 model 6.6Travel
Sizes  S(440)
Rear Shock Fox Factory Float X EVOL Kashima
Fork X-Fusion Vengeance 170-140
Seatpost Fox D.O.S.S 100mm (Frame processing)
F/R Brake Shimano Saint
F wheel  Nukeproof Generator DH 27.5
R wheel DT Swiss M480
Front Tire Schwalbe Nobby nic 27.5x2.35"
Rear Tire Schwalbe Rocket ron 26x2.25"
weight 15.0Kg

Tanks.

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 20:13 Quote
kzyk wrote:
photo

Hi there.
My AC was completed.

Sizes  S(440)
F/R Brake Shimano Saint
R wheel DT Swiss M480
weight 15.0Kg

Tanks.

Beautiful build! I would love to test ride this bike. I've had 3 AC's but I never tried a 27.5 in the front. At what length do you run the fork and how does it ride?

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 0:42 Quote
Hi there.
My AC was completed.

Sizes  S(440)
F/R Brake Shimano Saint
R wheel DT Swiss M480
weight 15.0Kg

Tanks.[/Quote]

Beautiful build! I would love to test ride this bike. I've had 3 AC's but I never tried a 27.5 in the front. At what length do you run the fork and how does it ride?[/Quote]

Thanks for watching.
With a 170mm, the head angle is 69 °→65.5°
BB Drop -14.8mm→-20mm
I enjoy DH and FR with this.

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 14:53 Quote
That's one awesome build! Totally regret on selling mine. Anyone have a frame that they're willing to let go and sell?

kzyk wrote:
photo

Hi there.
My AC was completed.

Sizes  S(440)
F/R Brake Shimano Saint
R wheel DT Swiss M480
weight 15.0Kg

Tanks.

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 22:30 Quote
Hi all. Came across this thread while checking compatability of 27.5 wheels for my AC. I have to say i am well impressed with the active length of this thread. This is testament to a fantastic bike and the riders who own them. I know that my ac gets a lot of looks on the trail. Sometimes more so than the carbon space shuttles out there. Congrats on a great thread. I will be watching with excitement.
photo

Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 22:46 Quote
Darn0711 wrote:
Hi all. Came across this thread while checking compatability of 27.5 wheels for my AC. I have to say i am well impressed with the active length of this thread. This is testament to a fantastic bike and the riders who own them. I know that my ac gets a lot of looks on the trail. Sometimes more so than the carbon space shuttles out there. Congrats on a great thread. I will be watching with excitement.
photo

Thanks and welcome to the thread. Your AC looks to be pretty close to stock and in great condition. I like the Manitou build with that big Sherman up front and the Swinger Coil on the rear, nice FR or even park bike.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 0:09 Quote
E-ROG wrote:
Darn0711 wrote:
Hi all. Came across this thread while checking compatability of 27.5 wheels for my AC. I have to say i am well impressed with the active length of this thread. This is testament to a fantastic bike and the riders who own them. I know that my ac gets a lot of looks on the trail. Sometimes more so than the carbon space shuttles out there. Congrats on a great thread.

Thanks and welcome to the thread. Your AC looks to be pretty close to stock and in great condition. I like the Manitou build with that big Sherman up front and the Swinger Coil on the rear, nice FR or even park bike.

Thanks E-ROG. I puchased this as a frame and shock only. So no 1/2 or 3 designation on the frame. Then built it with some recomended parts from a friend to be a FR style bike.
Now i ride it as a trail bike and have lightened it up a bit from its FR days. Recently went for some 800 bars and love them. ( so do tree trunks ).

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 7:56 Quote
Darn0711 wrote:
E-ROG wrote:
Darn0711 wrote:
Hi all. Came across this thread while checking compatability of 27.5 wheels for my AC. I have to say i am well impressed with the active length of this thread. This is testament to a fantastic bike and the riders who own them. I know that my ac gets a lot of looks on the trail. Sometimes more so than the carbon space shuttles out there. Congrats on a great thread.

Thanks E-ROG. I puchased this as a frame and shock only. So no 1/2 or 3 designation on the frame. Then built it with some recomended parts from a friend to be a FR style bike.
Now i ride it as a trail bike and have lightened it up a bit from its FR days. Recently went for some 800 bars and love them. ( so do tree trunks ).

Ver cool. How much trade is that Sherman fork? And yeah, 800 is crazy wide, you must have long arms.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 16:17 Quote
Ver cool. How much trade is that Sherman fork? And yeah, 800 is crazy wide, you must have long arms.[/Quote]

The Sherman is a Flick plus. 110 to 150mm. Its useless at 110 as all the adjuster does is compress the top 40mm of stroke. Therefore loosing all of the small bump movement.
Maybe i do have monkey arms. I find the wide bars comfortable.

Posted: Jul 18, 2017 at 18:34 Quote
Darn0711 wrote:
Ver cool. How much trade is that Sherman fork? And yeah, 800 is crazy wide, you must have long arms.

The Sherman is a Flick plus. 110 to 150mm. Its useless at 110 as all the adjuster does is compress the top 40mm of stroke. Therefore loosing all of the small bump movement.
Maybe i do have monkey arms. I find the wide bars comfortable.[/Quote]
150mm is perfect for these bikes. That's how I built up all 4 builds I did.

Posted: Jul 19, 2017 at 23:27 Quote
E-ROG wrote:
Darn0711 wrote:

150mm is perfect for these bikes. That's how I built up all 4 builds I did.[/Quote]

Have you heard of 27.5 in those forks or in AC frames in general. Or do i just buy a Trance at upgrade time. ???

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 20:51 Quote
Darn0711 wrote:
E-ROG wrote:
Darn0711 wrote:

150mm is perfect for these bikes. That's how I built up all 4 builds I did.

Have you heard of 27.5 in those forks or in AC frames in general. Or do i just buy a Trance at upgrade time. ???[/Quote]
If you are going to upgrade from the AC buy a REIGN.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019250
Mobile Version of Website