Friend: "ya but i dont like clip ins because you are stuck to your bike"
Me: "well have you ever tried them?"
Friend: "no...."

It just makes me laugh how people assume before the try
I was once that way... weren't you??? LMAO

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
twowheels4ever wrote:
ptsgrafitti21 wrote:
yea my friend does it and i have tried it im just not sure if i wanna spend 150 and end up not liking it!
okay dude what are you looking at riding/trying out? I will send you a set of X-PEDO's if you wnat to try them... what size of shoe do you wear? I'm gonna need your address too so send it to me I will post it USPS tomorrow morning if you really want to try 'em...
will you really send me a set? how about pedals?

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 20:33 Quote
i work at the lbs and we are constantley tacking clips off of lower end road bikes to up grade so u might check the lbs and mabey get hooked up with a cheap pair of spd compatible pedals for free if ur not sure about droppin money yet

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
ptsgrafitti21 wrote:
twowheels4ever wrote:
ptsgrafitti21 wrote:
yea my friend does it and i have tried it im just not sure if i wanna spend 150 and end up not liking it!
okay dude what are you looking at riding/trying out? I will send you a set of X-PEDO's if you wnat to try them... what size of shoe do you wear? I'm gonna need your address too so send it to me I will post it USPS tomorrow morning if you really want to try 'em...
those are the pedals... as for shoes you might have to find some form someone in your area... but yes... btw these would be for free

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 12:06 Quote
twowheels4ever wrote:
ptsgrafitti21 wrote:
twowheels4ever wrote:
those are the pedals... as for shoes you might have to find some form someone in your area... but yes... btw these would be for free

...this is beautiful, people giving other people bits of gear - sharing the riding love!! btw I've been really really wanting to try out an Intense Socom...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
jimmo26 wrote:
twowheels4ever wrote:
ptsgrafitti21 wrote:

...this is beautiful, people giving other people bits of gear - sharing the riding love!! btw I've been really really wanting to try out an Intense Socom...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha good luck findin someone to send you that

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
i use flats because i didnt like the feeling of clipped pedals personally and i like to know i can put my foot out with ease if i need to.

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 17:34 Quote
I am bi-pedal - I will ride everything once maybe twice aslong as they do not bitWhip

But truly, I do ride both options. For my dh, xc everthing bike I ride with clips, I like the additions pedal power on the up-ward stroke. The clips will also allow you to cheat on occasion on a bunny hope that you missed judged the height (little more pull).

My 4x, dj and occasional xc bike I ride shimano dx flats with 510 shoes, which stick like crazy. Never had a problem with losing a pedal or slipping.

When the weather gets poor I ride only flats with my 510's, nothing worse then trying to clip in or out and can't because the pedals are full of mud or snow.

I have been debating this issue for a bit lately and really thinking on just riding flats.Two-Face Two-Face

Give both a shot on your fav trail and see what works for you.

or

be bi-pedalVery confused Very confused

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 17:42 Quote
Well if your the scared of falling type go with flats. If you want to win clip-in.

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 9:25 Quote
what hapens if your clipped in and you get a unexpected crash like I did the other day lol straight in to a tree. are you stuck to the bike or what??because if I get my dad to be a bit more in to his riding I might get clipped in

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 9:41 Quote
mongoose-rider wrote:
what hapens if your clipped in and you get a unexpected crash like I did the other day lol straight in to a tree. are you stuck to the bike or what??because if I get my dad to be a bit more in to his riding I might get clipped in
Usually the shear impact of falling will make you clip out automatically when falling. No need to worry about that, I have been running clipless for 2 seasons and have never ''fallen with the bike/gotten stuck''

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 9:42 Quote
oo ok its just that I had images of me falling down a mountain with a bike stuck to me:P I might give it a go well see

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 12:12 Quote
In general you will unclip quickly when you falling especially sideways, but over the bars is not much of a problem either since the back end will swing most of the times immediately left or right.

Only unclipping in backwart crashes is a problem (I've seen several people ending on their back with both pedals still clipped in...), but this is a 99% BMX racing only type of crash.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012330
Mobile Version of Website