Powered by Outside

Norco why such a bad rep?

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco why such a bad rep?
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 at 9:08 Quote
if you go onto norco's website i havn't found customer service e-mail that you can send questions to norco about their bikes. i'll look again but i didn't see it.

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 at 9:15 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
if you go onto norco's website i havn't found customer service e-mail that you can send questions to norco about their bikes. i'll look again but i didn't see it.

alright i finally found it. but it was well hidden and extremely difficult to get to. it's under contact us and "contact the web team" says in small lettering "if this question does not involve website difficulties we will try to answer any questions you have"

the one problem i have about that is you have to search for it! customer support you shouldent have to look for. it should be there in big bold letters. or atleast easier to access.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 21:30 Quote
Norco's kick ass and should not have a bad rep. They are a big company and have some low end bikes but they gotta make a profit somehow. Making good bikes alone does not keep a business alive. Specialized is the same and has generally lower quality stuff but markets it good and people buy them. Kona has good bikes too but dated models and did not know if they were Canadian or Hawaiian for a while and that hurt them. The best bike I ever owned was a Rockey Mountain like 20 years ago but they are not as good anymore and the worst 2 I ever had were a Treck and a Specialized. I have a Shore 3 now and it is amazing.

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 10:50 Quote
gregarious wrote:
there a company that just doesnt sell high end bikes. u can get a 200 dollar bike from them whcih sucks so people think the company is bad just cause they make a few bad bikes
are you f*cking kidding me they have high end bikes

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 10:56 Quote
aconquergood wrote:
they have great frames but they put really bad components on the bad ones and the good ones
avid codes, juicy 7, sram XO, ROCO WC and TST R, 888. those are some of the best components out there and you saying there piece componets. you have to learn something about bikes

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 20:35 Quote
Lots of people i know dont like Norco because its too popular, everywhere you look, you see a Norco. I kind of agree but i like Norco - I have one lol.

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 22:53 Quote
I think their frames are ugly, not so nice paint either

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 23:02 Quote
the 09 rev is f*cking awesome for the price, they sure steped it up this year for the bmxes Blank Stare think i would rather that then my WTP 4 seasons

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 0:03 Quote
For one I work in a shop which carries norco and the rep there is that everyone hates them and we are ceasing to carry them. They have been known to not think through alot of their design processes. There is also the fact that the older they get the more they sound like a shopping cart being thrown down a mountain. From personal experience i snapped an 08 shore twice once after 3 rides and the second time after 1 ride. The resulting 3 chainstays they sent me (i needed a seat stay) and 2 months out of the season lead to a healthy distaste of all things norco.

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
NORCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!great warranty,great service,great bikes.yes they do break but your a fool if you think your chinese manufacure cares any more abought your companys bikes over the next,this site is jus simply turning into a hate site were people can feel better abought them selfs by puting down other peoples ideas and styles without getting there teeth kicked in...iv own 2 norco evolve 03'07,,2 moments '04,05 and 2 norco 250''01'05 all bomb proof,feel free to send ur ignorint responces ,it wont change the fact the norco is one of the most popular companies in north amarica,from the president to warrenty,the order desk and the rep for southern ontario are #1 in my list

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 18:37 Quote
Norco's aren't that popular where i live. I know that norco is huge in canada, but I've actually only ever even seen one norco in my life. I think it was like a norco ryde or something like that and i like it. I think that in the past norco full suspension bikes haven't been as quality as they should. but i like their street and dj line up and the 09 full suspension's look pretty legit.

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 18:43 Quote
norco was pretty much the first bike company i knew of, and well looked at their bike's allot. and thought they were ugly, but evey norco i rode, rode like a dream. and allot of people trash bike's cause of look's and not on the geo and how they ride, or quality. but norco's pulling threw this year. there bike's look sick now.

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
Norco sells cheap department store bikes but they also sell high end mountain bikes Norco sells quite a large range of bikes. Personally I don't care what people think I like my Sasquatch and if other people don't good for them.

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 at 9:14 Quote
I've bought 6 bikes in my days; trek 8900 (shit), KHS AM2000 (good), Rocky Trailhead (really nice geo and control), Norco Manifesto, Norco Torrent, Norco Fluid LT 08. Right now, the nicest bike i have ever ridden, for my size and desires, the fluit LT 08 version is the nicest bike i have ever had the pleasure of riding. Handles like a dream and the geometry is perfect for my size (6'7"). My Manifesto is the most beautiful thing i have ever ridden, and thats coming from a loyal kona lover, a rocky only buyer, and of course myself... its a trials build bike.

Posted: Nov 18, 2008 at 6:41 Quote
Every Norco frame I've owned, I've broke. 1 02 One25, 1 04 1Hun and 1 05 Two50.

Not saying it's a bad company, just two out of those three were cro-mo frames. Now I have an 08 250 waiting for me to gather parts to build it for next year...but I'm making sure I have another frame picked out and the money aside for it just in case...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013908
Mobile Version of Website