Powered by Outside

Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 at 10:42 Quote
Super nice! Are those forks 160mm. They look long. Thinking of extending my Ribbons when mine comes.

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 at 10:46 Quote
Ozak42 wrote:
Super nice! Are those forks 160mm. They look long. Thinking of extending my Ribbons when mine comes.
Yeah, 160mm DPA with a Fast upgrade cartridge and piston. Made a huge performance difference to the fork.

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 at 12:16 Quote
Bloggingfit wrote:
Ozak42 wrote:
Yeah, 160mm DPA with a Fast upgrade cartridge and piston. Made a huge performance difference to the fork.

Nice fork, and the bike looks great too Cool

I'm keeping my Avalanche Pike for that very same reason, although I'm still not sure if I should stick the 160mm air shaft into it now, or try the bike at 150mm first.

Agree with your thoughts about the fork decals, silver would definitely be better against the raw.

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 at 13:43 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
Bloggingfit wrote:
Ozak42 wrote:

Nice fork, and the bike looks great too Cool

I'm keeping my Avalanche Pike for that very same reason, although I'm still not sure if I should stick the 160mm air shaft into it now, or try the bike at 150mm first.

Agree with your thoughts about the fork decals, silver would definitely be better against the raw.
I'd go to 160mm but I've always tended to go longer travel up front on my bikes so I'm now just used to it.

Slik do a few grey and silver colours so may pick up on the frame or decal colours.

Tempted to go grey on the grips too like the renthal mid grey colour.

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 at 18:58 Quote
Bloggingfit - Nice build and thanks for putting up the pics! Also glad to see another raw AM9 get out the door -one step closer to getting mine . .

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 at 11:19 Quote
Although Fridays are pretty great anyway, they are even better when there's a large box waiting at home... Big Grin

Bird AM9 Frame large with CCDB Air CS

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 at 12:18 Quote
Looking good. I’ve only seen 1 AM9 that isn’t Raw

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 at 12:19 Quote
Sweet. That's a great find.

Posted: Apr 21, 2018 at 7:01 Quote
Got my first ride on the AM9 this morning. This was also my first ride on a bike in 5 months, mainly due to concentrating on Rugby, but the weather has also played it's part. Regular season is over and only a couple of tournament games left so it's bike time once again. I instantly felt comfortable on the bike so I figured that a good sign after a long lay off where initially the bike can feel awkward.

First ride impressions are the same as when I last rode this bike a demo last September. It works really well as a trail bike and a bit of a beast going downhill. Tight singletrack is no problem despite it's size and it is a very efficient climber and just doesn't feel like a 150mm travel 29er. I'm really pleased with how the X2 feels so far and looks to be a good match for my Fast upgrade Pike. I was quite happily popping the bike over some small pop gaps and a hip and the bike behaved exactly as I wanted. It was super stable but I could also move it around over the hip as I needed.

You guys are going to love ridding your AM9!

Posted: Apr 21, 2018 at 8:51 Quote
That’s great to hear. I’d love to read some more of people’s reviews of the AM9. It helps with the wait for it to come

Posted: Apr 22, 2018 at 5:27 Quote
Bloggingfit wrote:
Got my first ride on the AM9 this morning. This was also my first ride on a bike in 5 months, mainly due to concentrating on Rugby, but the weather has also played it's part. Regular season is over and only a couple of tournament games left so it's bike time once again. I instantly felt comfortable on the bike so I figured that a good sign after a long lay off where initially the bike can feel awkward.

First ride impressions are the same as when I last rode this bike a demo last September. It works really well as a trail bike and a bit of a beast going downhill. Tight singletrack is no problem despite it's size and it is a very efficient climber and just doesn't feel like a 150mm travel 29er. I'm really pleased with how the X2 feels so far and looks to be a good match for my Fast upgrade Pike. I was quite happily popping the bike over some small pop gaps and a hip and the bike behaved exactly as I wanted. It was super stable but I could also move it around over the hip as I needed.

You guys are going to love ridding your AM9!

Cheers. It's going to be a few days before mine is built and ready to ride, looking at Thursday evening I think, but it sounds like I'm going to get on really well with the AM9 so can't wait to sling a leg over it.

I don't know if you've seen the latest MBUK but the AM9 came second in their Enduro bike of the year competition, just pipped by the new Canyon Torque. I normally don't put a lot of credence in magazine reviews but it's still good to see.

Posted: Apr 22, 2018 at 16:41 Quote
Placed my order today. Went for the Aeris 120 after demoing that and the 145. For the riding I do day-to-day it's the one that makes the most sense and just felt more natural for me. Will still handle the likes of BPW should I make trip over there.

Would have liked the Eagle groupset, but would have had to have compromised on suspension, and the SLX gives a very similar climbing gear, just lose a little range at the other end.

So have gone with the Candy Orange with, SLX groupset, Deore brakes (203/180) which the guys there recommended over the SLX brakes. Pike RC, RT3 shock, Aeffect 125mm dropper. Minion DHF 2.6 3C up front with the dual compound 2.4 Ardent at the rear on DT Swiss M1900 rims.

Should be a cracking little bike for Swinley an the Surrey Hills, can't wait!

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 13:48 Quote
jamski wrote:
Placed my order today. Went for the Aeris 120 after demoing that and the 145. For the riding I do day-to-day it's the one that makes the most sense and just felt more natural for me. Will still handle the likes of BPW should I make trip over there.

Would have liked the Eagle groupset, but would have had to have compromised on suspension, and the SLX gives a very similar climbing gear, just lose a little range at the other end.

So have gone with the Candy Orange with, SLX groupset, Deore brakes (203/180) which the guys there recommended over the SLX brakes. Pike RC, RT3 shock, Aeffect 125mm dropper. Minion DHF 2.6 3C up front with the dual compound 2.4 Ardent at the rear on DT Swiss M1900 rims.

Should be a cracking little bike for Swinley an the Surrey Hills, can't wait!

Good choice on the spec in the end. I can't I very often get to spin out on a 10t anyway so I wouldn't be too bothered by not having it. The DTSwiss wheels always ride lighter than they are. I have some X1700 on a hardtail and they ride almost as light as the carbon set on my AM9.

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 1:48 Quote
Ordered my Aeris 120 Thursday last week

Went for the 120 as the riding here in Denmark is not that extreme or hilly (at least in my area) and i wanted to do some light XC racing, And it would be able to handle trips to Germany or Sweden.

I went for GX Eagle, Deore brakes (180/180), Deluxe RT3 shock, Pike RCT3 fork, 150mm Aeffect dropper, and dual Ardent 2.4's mounted on M1900 wheels.

Can't wait

By the way, does anyone know how long bikes usually are in the build queue? i know the page says 5-10 days, but i would like some personal experiences.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012369
Mobile Version of Website