Powered by Outside

MTB Tech Rumors, Innovation and Prototypes

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
MTB Tech Rumors, Innovation and Prototypes
O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 14:54 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
Bilstein yellow looks a lot like Ohlin's yellow...

Bilstein has also just got into the motorcycle world.

https://www.motopinas.com/motorcycle-news/bilstein-launching-motorcycle-suspension-this-year.html

The original poster on the Reddit post replied to a comment about comparing to Ohlin's colours and said "100% Bilsteins logo. I personally ride ohlins and they do look similar though"

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 15:19 Quote
Most likely just stickers, but who knows.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 13:30 Quote
Does anyone else have problems with their brake rotors getting contaminated while their bike is outside the vehicle? I've been working on a prototype cover for personal use that basically is a shell that clamps around the rotor and fork. Any thoughts or advice on the design would be appreciated!

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 13:32 Quote
thatsevanj wrote:
Does anyone else have problems with their brake rotors getting contaminated while their bike is outside the vehicle? I've been working on a prototype cover for personal use that basically is a shell that clamps around the rotor and fork. Any thoughts or advice on the design would be appreciated!
I would try this out. How about making it so you don't have to remove the wheel from the frame/fork to attach it.

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 13:39 Quote
thatsevanj wrote:

I haven't personally had issue with that but I could see it happening if you are driving on dirt roads often. Reminds me of the Muc-Off covers, although those are more for protecting the brake rotors while you're cleaning the bike and I don't know how secure it would be on a moving vehicle

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 13:47 Quote
Yep muc-off already makes this, i think it would work fine driving. my friend had this issue and if its really that much of an issue you may want to investigate your CAR, not your bike...

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 14:09 Quote
It's a big issue when traveling in CO during shoulder seasons, and Muc-Off covers work great and seem to becoming more popular

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 11:39 Quote
photo
Spotted on Vital...lot's of new new. Vital members think that's a new Rockshox AXS reverb, I say it's a new Specialized electronic seat post

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 13:14 Quote
f*ck the seat post, new enduro!

edit nvm saw the motor. So tired of new e-bikes. Although the shock links are interesting, especially the forward shock mount allowing for the float X to be mounted with reservoir in the ventral position

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 18:12 Quote
If I would agree that’s definitely a Specialized post. The “Alien” single bolt clamp is straight from Specialized parts bin.

Also note that anyone testing a prototype Everb would likely also have AXS derailluer and RS suspension bits.

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 16:36 Quote
photo
New Title Carbon Bar?

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 9:20 Quote
Essential to SST development was exploring the limits of manufacturing technology and applying it to build a light stiff and strong steel bike. The SST features SLM 3D printed Freaking Lasers hollow stainless steel chainstay yoke seatstay clevis and rear dropouts. The result is a stronger stiffer lighter and more elegant trail bike.

Rochshox inline coil? That sure looks like the RS rebound adjuster at the top.

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 9:26 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
Essential to SST development was exploring the limits of manufacturing technology and applying it to build a light stiff and strong steel bike. The SST features SLM 3D printed Freaking Lasers hollow stainless steel chainstay yoke seatstay clevis and rear dropouts. The result is a stronger stiffer lighter and more elegant trail bike.

Rochshox inline coil? That sure looks like the RS rebound adjuster at the top.
Ooh, that looks interesting! Do i have your permission to make an article on it? I can give you credit

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 9:35 Quote
thats a cane creek DBIL.

O+
Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 9:56 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
thats a cane creek DBIL.

Looks to be correct. I didn't realize there was a trunion mount DBIL and that it had that same look at the top.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014458
Mobile Version of Website