Powered by Outside

08 norco shore 1 or 09 kona stinky deluxe...which is a better deal?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
08 norco shore 1 or 09 kona stinky deluxe...which is a better deal?
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 at 10:42 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
ok, my username applies to this discussion, norco uses a similar design to specialized fsr, norco calls it vps, (Very Plush Suspension)
(variable position suspension) to be exact

Posted: Nov 24, 2008 at 13:20 Quote
cotakid wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
ok, my username applies to this discussion, norco uses a similar design to specialized fsr, norco calls it vps, (Very Plush Suspension)
qft

Posted: Nov 24, 2008 at 13:22 Quote
cotakid wrote:
norcorulz wrote:

They still have to pay specialized to for the FSR patent on all of their VPS bikes, unless they have changed something in the last year or two.

Posted: Nov 24, 2008 at 13:56 Quote
my friend has a shore 2 i have a stinky ive riden his and dont like the geo. Another friend of mine agrees that teh stinky is a better bike with better geo stinky is lighter as the shore 2 06 my friend owns is steel i dont know if the new 1nes are or not

Posted: Nov 24, 2008 at 14:02 Quote
Geoff-Ross wrote:
my friend has a shore 2 i have a stinky ive riden his and dont like the geo. Another friend of mine agrees that teh stinky is a better bike with better geo stinky is lighter as the shore 2 06 my friend owns is steel i dont know if the new 1nes are or not
05's werent steel
why would they change to steel in 06 and then to al in 07

Posted: Nov 24, 2008 at 23:18 Quote
Geoff-Ross wrote:

You have, like... no credibility at all.

What you said is either completely false, or your personal opinion.

Also, we're comparing the 09 Shore to the 09 Stinky, so the fact that you rode an 06 Shore and didn't like it is doubly useless.

Way to go.

Posted: Nov 25, 2008 at 4:37 Quote
Norco-not-kona wrote:
Kona has a bad rep for being junk but the new shores are probably bigger junk they just look nice and seem lighter. Still go for the shore though, kona's are crap.

what a load of bull shit

Posted: Nov 25, 2008 at 4:47 Quote
tobygoodger wrote:
Norco-not-kona wrote:
Kona has a bad rep for being junk but the new shores are probably bigger junk they just look nice and seem lighter. Still go for the shore though, kona's are crap.

what a load of bull shit

I agree. Everything nowadays is crap apparently. Everyone who says stuff like that should shut up and buy a 2001 bike, ride that, and then compare it to a modern bike.

Posted: Nov 25, 2008 at 5:21 Quote
norco shore the 2009s are nice bikes

Posted: Nov 25, 2008 at 5:36 Quote
Norco Shore hands down!! The Kona Stinky is ok but not anything special. Personally I dont like the way the hee new Kona has that stupid rear suspension bar thing whatever it is that sticks out the base of the frame. It gets hung up on everything, i know i had one.

Posted: Nov 25, 2008 at 6:35 Quote
tyyak wrote:
norco shore the 2009s are nice bikes
same, the nicest yet

Posted: Nov 25, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
okay, so kid, if you have not been reading this blog, GET THE SHORE, i am pretty sure that hands down we all agree the shore is the best! - END OF BLOG, i am soooo tired of hearing about this!

Posted: Nov 27, 2008 at 23:34 Quote
cotakid wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
i like my version more:P

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
cotakid wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
i like my version more:P

VPS has nothing to do with the horst link though. It has to do with where you mount the shock shuttle and the shock shaft on the link. VPS is for travel+geometry changes, not wheel path.

Oh and get the Shore!!!

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
Ok so I think pretty much eveyone concedes that the norco shore is better. We should end this thread it is geting f-ing old.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009711
Mobile Version of Website