Powered by Outside

parts that u wish were real

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
parts that u wish were real
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 22:58 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Skurge wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
doesnt happen dude. My dad is a P-eng(professional engineer) he had to take chem through 4 years of university and still has all of his books. They specifically say that noble gasses will not combust as in not possible.

my bad....must have confused it with something else
i will re-do my research and get back to you Big Grin
sorry for that
Your thinking hydrogen my friend the only thing lighter then helium, but extremely flammable. Noble gasses don't react in any way shape or form which is why they are used in some types of welding in light bulbs and any other application were normal air would catch fire.

but if placed under pressure (like in a frame, or tubes), and then to somehow heat the frame, or tube, and to get the material(aluminum, rubber/latex) to a certain temp., wouldnt it explode?

sort of like why they tell you to never drag helium tanks on the floor (friction, and other reasons), or to heat them...

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 23:00 Quote
Skurge wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Skurge wrote:

sorry for that
Your thinking hydrogen my friend the only thing lighter then helium, but extremely flammable. Noble gasses don't react in any way shape or form which is why they are used in some types of welding in light bulbs and any other application were normal air would catch fire.

but if placed under pressure (like in a frame, or tubes), and then to somehow heat the frame, or tube, and to get the material(aluminum, rubber/latex) to a certain temp., wouldnt it explode?

sort of like why they tell you to never drag helium tanks on the floor (friction, and other reasons), or to heat them...
it would heat up due to friction expand then brake the tank. because its getting bigger..

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 23:02 Quote
sorry for that[/Quote]
Your thinking hydrogen my friend the only thing lighter then helium, but extremely flammable. Noble gasses don't react in any way shape or form which is why they are used in some types of welding in light bulbs and any other application were normal air would catch fire.[/Quote]

sort of like why they tell you to never drag helium tanks on the floor (friction, and other reasons), or to heat them...[/Quote]
it would heat up due to friction expand then brake the tank. because its getting bigger..[/Quote]

so in the end, wouldnt that be a bad thing anyways? sure it may not explode, but it would still be a reason not to have helium-filled frames or tubes.

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 23:03 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Skurge wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

it would heat up due to friction expand then brake the tank. because its getting bigger..
i no y now if its gets really hot out side = gases to expand, get cold out side = gases cantract

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 4:13 Quote
darleydirtbiker wrote:
mitchymaca wrote:
darleydirtbiker wrote:

allready avalable

maxxis hookworms
exactley bullitproof tires have been out for vearcles cince ww2
yeah, i know, i meant for bicycles Rolleyes and yeah, i think maxxis hookworm would be with all that rubber on them lol

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 10:23 Quote
ratherberidin wrote:
oskie wrote:
HOW ABOUT PARTS THAT NEVER BREAK!; tubes that dont go flat, bolts that don't get stripped, frames that don't crack, bars that don't snap, RIMS THAT STAY TRUE, chains that don't break, brakes that stay strong and reliable, seat rails that don't bend, BB bearings that stay brand new, cranks that don't break, hubs that don't get old and slow, spokes that don't snap, forks that don't break or get mechanical problems, tires that don't wear out, grips that don't wear out after only a few weeks, stems that don't crack, and pedals that don't go wobbly.

what a dream!
i heard that they made rims that when they bent u just put them in the freezer and they true them slef
those r called z-rims, ther nothing new, ther were like made in the 80's

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
How about parts that are good, but cheap?

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 12:06 Quote
ziegele wrote:
ratherberidin wrote:
oskie wrote:
HOW ABOUT PARTS THAT NEVER BREAK!; tubes that dont go flat, bolts that don't get stripped, frames that don't crack, bars that don't snap, RIMS THAT STAY TRUE, chains that don't break, brakes that stay strong and reliable, seat rails that don't bend, BB bearings that stay brand new, cranks that don't break, hubs that don't get old and slow, spokes that don't snap, forks that don't break or get mechanical problems, tires that don't wear out, grips that don't wear out after only a few weeks, stems that don't crack, and pedals that don't go wobbly.

what a dream!
i heard that they made rims that when they bent u just put them in the freezer and they true them slef
i didn't say new

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
ratherberidin wrote:
ziegele wrote:
ratherberidin wrote:

i didn't say new
http://media.photobucket.com/image/z%20rims/Badbaldie/CIMG1107.jpg?o=12

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 13:02 Quote
anti gravity buttons on handle bars

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 13:12 Quote
ziegele wrote:
ratherberidin wrote:
ziegele wrote:
i didn't say new
i was just saying that they made them f*ck

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
ratherberidin wrote:
ziegele wrote:
ratherberidin wrote:

i didn't say new

Either way that is so cool

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
psycholist wrote:
ratherberidin wrote:
ziegele wrote:

they are post to be weak and evey time u freeze them they get weaker

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
A bike seat that massages and boulder shattering pedals would be just fine, maybe a derailleur crafted from the black box of a B-52 bomber too

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
ratherberidin wrote:
psycholist wrote:
ratherberidin wrote:

they are post to be weak and evey time u freeze them they get weaker
i no, i was just posting them so other people could c them

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010948
Mobile Version of Website